Don't need a self powered usb hub with this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prr2freya

ECF Veteran
Do these work???? I would really like to not break the bank.. I'm already broke from buying things for this...

DealExtreme: $3.23 Ultra-Mini 1000mA USB Power Adapter/Charger (100~240V AC)

Seems like the perfect solution if you don't want to pay for a pricey 40 dollar self powered usb :D
Whatya guys think? Did I just save a ton of people cash? :)

edit: Beginning of this thread says these will work... and have worked for people.. I went ahead and got two... I hope they work for the m401 passthrough...

Last edited:

mpetva

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Virginia
I just got two of these in the mail and they do not work for the passthrough... atty stays cold. The wall unit anyway... tried both... don't know about the car charger one yet...

Sooo.. anybody know of one that TRULY works and won't break the bank??

I am sorry to hear that...I wonder why they don't work...?

I have not tried mine on the pass through-801..

USB's are funny things, I guess...
I have 3 USB's on my monitor (Dell) that work for the memory sticks, but WILL NOT work for the 801 Pass Through...

The monitor USB's have to be connected to the computer with a USB cable in order to work, which I did, but no luck on the pass through...Anyone can explain why the 801 PT will not work?

Adeem

ECF Veteran
May 20, 2009

prr2freya

ECF Veteran
I bought one of these: For only $1.47 each when QTY 50+ purchased - High-Speed WALL Power to USB Female Converter (1000ma) - White | Power to USB Converter from Monoprice, they ship 1st class mail for very reasonable ($3.36 shipped), ships fast too! It works well with my charger need to wait for my usb PT to arrive to test performance on that.

let me know if it works on your passthrough... I'll update when i get the recent one I ordered (see above). I am disappointed the first little units I tried did not work with my m401 passthroughs... But hey.. live and learn~_*

Edit: The one you ordered looks just like the one i got that did not work with all the same specs.. It says on info page it is for charging only like mine seems to be... Please do let me know if it works.. I think we need something a little different.

Last edited:

cekte

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Oregon
www.youtube.com
Do these work???? I would really like to not break the bank.. I'm already broke from buying things for this...

edit: Beginning of this thread says these will work... and have worked for people.. I went ahead and got two... I hope they work for the m401 passthrough...

Prr,
I have ordered several of the adapters, as in the OP, DealExtreme: $3.23 Ultra-Mini 1000mA USB Power Adapter/Charger (100~240V AC) from Deal Extreme. They all work fantastic on my mods, and passthroughs. (direct power/wiring, and of course USB passthrough battery box units)

As long as you are not unfortunate to receive the occasional DOA, these adapters work great. They are also very nice and compact, versus the traditional big and bulky AC adapters.

prr2freya

ECF Veteran
If you want it now...
If you want it guaranteed...
If you don't want to pay for shipping...
If you have a local Microcenter...
and you have $12.99 to spare...
then
Micro Center - AC to USB Power Adapter

Have a great day!
I don't have one of those near me and am sooo tapped out on cash till the 8th of next month now. (I get my paychack once a month... I have it set up that way for my direct deposits)

My favorite place to shop online is Tigerdirect and I am in love with this thing:
Duracell DR7000LI Instant Power Charger for USB Devices at TigerDirect.com

It is small and powerful... I think it would work nicely for on the go use, or just not to be tied to the puter or a wall outlet all the time. It has an on/off switch too. Just wish I could try it before I buy it to make sure it works.

I do have an Office Max and a Radio Shack near enough... Maybe one of those places would have something...

Last edited:

prr2freya

ECF Veteran
Prr,
I have ordered several of the adapters, as in the OP, DealExtreme: $3.23 Ultra-Mini 1000mA USB Power Adapter/Charger (100~240V AC) from Deal Extreme. They all work fantastic on my mods, and passthroughs. (direct power/wiring, and of course USB passthrough battery box units)

As long as you are not unfortunate to receive the occasional DOA, these adapters work great. They are also very nice and compact, versus the traditional big and bulky AC adapters.

Thanks... I ordered two of those due to the beginning of this thread, and am awaiting their arrival.. If they work for me I will be so happy! Like I have said... the passthroughs do work on my puters, but I think they need more power and also... why tax the puter when we don't need to:)

Adeem

ECF Veteran
May 20, 2009
let me know if it works on your passthrough... I'll update when i get the recent one I ordered (see above). I am disappointed the first little units I tried did not work with my m401 passthroughs... But hey.. live and learn~_*

Edit: The one you ordered looks just like the one i got that did not work with all the same specs.. It says on info page it is for charging only like mine seems to be... Please do let me know if it works.. I think we need something a little different.

Didn't work. The passthrough is great though, using it with my Ipod charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread