don't you hate when this happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Kelly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
don't you guys (rda users) hate it when you have a really good setup going; great flavor, huge clouds, minimal heat, and then you want to experiment and do a different build and it is not nearly as good as your last one and you wish you had just left it alone? that just happened to me and now i am very disappointed hahaha. and I'm out of kanthal so I'm gonna have to wait until my next paycheck to fix my mistake. oh well:unsure:

Blackboar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Upper Marlboro, MD
That's the perfect reason to get more rda's! One built to perfection and a couple more to experiment with!

I built a dual Tricro coil in my Trident clone a few weeks ago. Without a 30watt device, it vaped like crap! But luckily, I had my perfectly built Magma and Omega clone to fall back to, while I cried at the lost 45 minutes of my life :p :)

Ryan Kelly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
If my build is abnormally good, I don't touch it. Gotta keep up stock on kanthol. I've got a spool of ribbon, 28, and 32.

yea. i got into rebuilding like 2 weeks ago and i just bought 50 feet from my local shop to get started. and this blows my mind and I'm sure yours too, my local shop sells kanthal for a dollar a foot....A DOLLAR A FOOT. since i bought a lot of it i talked them down to 20 bucks. that is still super expensive but i was eager to get home and wrap some coils so i just bought it. I'm gonna place a bulk order online tho. any sites you recommend?

Blackboar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Upper Marlboro, MD
I get my kanthal from Temco. It's actually an industrial supply shop. Just search "xx gauge kanthal" at the site and it will pull up what you need. The prices are the best I've found. For example, $7.75 for 100 feet of 28 gauge or $10.09 for 100 feet of 24 gauge.

Oh, and shipping is free. It usually arrives within 3-5 days of me ordering it.

Last edited:

pauly walnuts

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
pa
Every science cat knows.....
51468761.jpg

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Kanthal - Temco - 100ft Often as cheap as Direct.

Ebay - Fast shipping

Suggestion for New experimenters - Butter container w/lid - Carefully remove coils and toss in. Then you have goods ones........just in case.:D

I have had to strip and repair/rework 2 Kayfuns that developed air flow issues in the last 2 weeks. Did not damage either coil.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread