Door Decal for vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Nanaimo BC Canada
It be nice if it also said "This establishment supports a smoke-free environment." To emphasize that vaping is smoke-free!

I'm another one who would prefer to omit this wording. In all the establishments where I live that is already true and they all have signs which say it more forcefully, i.e. that smoking is not allowed.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
I would like to see one that had an X through the cigarette and a tick beside the PV, just to clarify and help push the image that the PV is not a cig.
Great idea!

Promoting the fact that PVs are NOT he same as cigarettes is more important than people think - especially in areas where smoking is not banned 100% yet (Wisconsin starts statewide this year.)

It can never be reinforced enough in people's minds and having one sign that shows that smoking is not allowed but PVs are also helps stop misunderstandings where people see someone using their PV and thinks it's a cigarette. I would recommend that establishments replace their no smoking signs with a sign that shows No Smoking/PVs OK. (Forgive me for thinking too much like a CASAA board member, lol)

It's a great idea, Obrian!

devonschmoker

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Portland, OR USA
What I am afraid of is that we are forgetting that we are dealing with a generally clueless public. If they have heard of PVs they have most likely only heard them referred to as “Electronic Cigarette” so if we really want to change the vernacular the early signs should have something like this. “This is a vape friendly establishment. Personal Vaporizers (E-Cigs) welcome.” Or just a sign that says. “No Smoking. (no smoking symbol) This is a vape friendly establishment (vape friendly symbol) PVDs (E-cigs) are welcome here.” Then in small print at the bottom a forum site address. Also these are best left distributed freely to vape friendly establishments. For example: Lets say I go into a business and explain my PV to them. They like it and have no problem with it so I ask them to put this up in the window to mark this as a friendly establishment. Then hand them one.

I think that we need to find someone who can make window clings for cheap or gratis.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Once there is a design completed in high resolution, CASAA can upload it to the CASAA.org site for any member to download and print out the labels. If designed right, we could get 4 decals per 8.5 X 11 sheet. CASAA members (or anyone else who wants to help) can buy the printable static cling window sheets here: Clear Static Cling

Print our the decals, cut into 4 and deliver to their favorite establishments!

Mister

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Nanaimo BC Canada
Once there is a design completed in high resolution, CASAA can upload it to the CASAA.org site for any member to download and print out the labels. If designed right, we could get 4 decals per 8.5 X 11 sheet. CASAA members (or anyone else who wants to help) can buy the printable static cling window sheets here: Clear Static Cling

Print our the decals, cut into 4 and deliver to their favorite establishments!

:thumbs: Awesome!

crazybry79

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
Great Idea!

I own and run a vinyl sign business. I would be more than willing to produce these. Whom do I contact to provide a quote?

Is this something the CASAA may be willing to partake in? Possibly join up with ECF and give/sell these to ECF members to distribute to local businesses?

I do like how clean and simple it is. I have found too much info mucks up the signage. The reader loses interest, and fails to read the signage - thus losing the desired effect.

One problem with the static cling idea, the ease of removal. As a business owner, the idea will be all great and dandy to place a sign up. In two weeks when the business owner wants to promote his......"used bad-aid" business expantion, the cling is too easily removed. I'm thinking a reverse cut vinyl decal would be an excelet, semi-permanent idea for this.

I'm going to go make up a few example, I like the addition of a cig with an X through it!

crazybry79

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
Heres what I came up with.....just some ideas

PVdecal.jpg

pvdecal3.jpg

pvdecal4.jpg

pvdecal2.jpg

crazybry79

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
I've been runnin my rear off the last few days....not trying to drop the ball here.

Michal, I know I have your email....somewhere. Possibly, could you refesh me. Thanx! crazybry79@hotmail.com

I've also sent you both PM's in reguards to these.

I will try to run a few of these, and see how it works. I will try to get some samples out to you, if either of you desire. Cost should be minimal, and I can run 1 or 10,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread