Double Check: Washing Out A Cartomizer / Atomz

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanks21

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
New York
My apologies if this appears elsewhere - I tried to do a search but was met with over 20 pages of results and couldn't find the exact answering I was looking for . . .

Anywho: I know some people have talked about how they wash cartos by simply running hot water through the carto but will that be enough for a totally full cartomizer?

I'm not having any luck finding pre-filled carto flavors that I like so I bit the bullet and placed my first order with Ms. T

I have over 30 totally full cartos that I will never smoke and I am hoping I can wash them and use them to try the Ms. T liquids when they arrive.

So to reiterate: will just running really hot water through the totally full cartos be enough to fully clean them? None of the pre-filled cartos have a super strong flavor like a menthol.

TIA!
Karen

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
My apologies if this appears elsewhere - I tried to do a search but was met with over 20 pages of results and couldn't find the exact answering I was looking for . . .

Anywho: I know some people have talked about how they wash cartos by simply running hot water through the carto but will that be enough for a totally full cartomizer?

I'm not having any luck finding pre-filled carto flavors that I like so I bit the bullet and placed my first order with Ms. T

I have over 30 totally full cartos that I will never smoke and I am hoping I can wash them and use them to try the Ms. T liquids when they arrive.

So to reiterate: will just running really hot water through the totally full cartos be enough to fully clean them? None of the pre-filled cartos have a super strong flavor like a menthol.

TIA!
Karen

Hi Karen,
Welcome to the ECF!
Lets have a look at the cartomizer anatomy:

Guts pulled out:
IMAG0055.jpg

Parts inside:
Cartomizer.jpg

You will notice the blue area is the ejuice in the cartomizer, you can not simply run hot water through these and get all the juice out. The resivoir is unlike a regular atomizer that water will run straight through. The resivoir on a cartomizer will fill up first and then run out the elevated air tube. Running water in from the battery connector will only let water clean out the batting material above the air tube, it will never reach to the bottom of the juice resivoir.

The easiest way I have found to clean and refill is to first remove the white plactic air cap, then remove the silicon o-ring. Next run hot water down one side of the cartomizer so it allows the hot water to follow a U path and force the juice out of the bottom back to the top.

Cartomizer2.jpg

Once you think you have it clean enough simply turn upside down and let gravity do the work. I would let them sit for 24 hours in a warm place to dry. Then use a syringe, and push it gently down one side of the cartomizer and fill from the bottom up, approx .5ml and then drip 5 drops on the top batting. this will ensure the wick running through the heating coil is saturated with ejuice and primed for vaping. Then just put the silicon o-ring back in and recap it.
Congratulations you only have 29 to go :)
Hope this helps,
Dan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread