Status
Not open for further replies.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
what do you think about the hand feel of the mod?
Hey sweets, sorry for the delay. I see you got an answer here and the other thread.
I like the feel, its substantial but not overly. Quality feel i guess.
Button took me a minute but i like it.
Using the ether has been good, better since i removed the airflow ring.

Still havent been able to grab a sbs kit, but im not sweating it since the ether has been good.

I think you will like it.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hey sweets, sorry for the delay. I see you got an answer here and the other thread.
I like the feel, its substantial but not overly. Quality feel i guess.
Button took me a minute but i like it.
Using the ether has been good, better since i removed the airflow ring.

Still havent been able to grab a sbs kit, but im not sweating it since the ether has been good.

I think you will like it.

thanks sweetie.. appreciate it. :)

Reactions: BillW50

Ericsgreen

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2021
@weissesfleisch223 Mind blown, I have to, have to, have rayon in my tanks, mesh and rdta is what gives me pause towards cotton, but I try cotton again and ....ing hate it, no flow, no taste but with all the new mesh rtas I've been only 50/50 getting a really good wick with mesh, was gonna post... I cant figure why we'd want cotton for a tank, maybe with mtl, slower wicking it'd be much easier to get cotton in leak free? Edit Didn't intend to sound nasty, been having struggles wicking lately, really curious!

pt91

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2009
AR
@weissesfleisch223 Mind blown, I have to, have to, have rayon in my tanks, mesh and rdta is what gives me pause towards cotton, but I try cotton again and ....ing hate it, no flow, no taste but with all the new mesh rtas I've been only 50/50 getting a really good wick with mesh, was gonna post... I cant figure why we'd want cotton for a tank, maybe with mtl, slower wicking it'd be much easier to get cotton in leak free? Edit Didn't intend to sound nasty, been having struggles wicking lately, really curious!
I am more or less in the same camp.
I have not had good luck with rayon in mesh decks I will admit. Went cotton so far on the three mesh rtas I currently use. I assumed it was because rayon doesn't swell like cotton and doesn't stay tight against the mesh.
Maybe I should try again as I am really liking the mesh lately.

Seiggy

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2012
Irwin, Pennsylvania
Profile 1.5 mesh and using rayon. I use 1 full rope of Grahams rayon, then slide another 1/2 rope underneath using scotch tape on one end to do a hand made shoe string. This seems to work well for me. I have noticed that if I start to get a flavor issue and in checking the wicking, the spring wick base is normally fully expanded (not putting pressure on mesh). I'll then do another 1/3-1/2 rope underneath. I'll clean my mesh at this time by brushing lightly. :2c:

Ericsgreen

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2021
I am more or less in the same camp.
I have not had good luck with rayon in mesh decks I will admit. Went cotton so far on the three mesh rtas I currently use. I assumed it was because rayon doesn't swell like cotton and doesn't stay tight against the mesh.
Maybe I should try again as I am really liking the mesh lately.

Exactly what I assumed, so the spring loaded decks are maybe better for it, but then the steam craves I have aren't springy, and they're working well, I use the strip of celluton, double it and spend 5 mins sliding it, tucking it, pleading with it, to get under the mesh without mangling it, it's super tight and juices well. But then I notice it seems OK but isn't hogging juice and won't run well at my usual full power , so it's not really %100, that's what I'm saying, I'm far from dry hits or leaking, just not really singing like some builds do for dl.

I've also been meaning to post why my new steam craves come with tiny springs in the mesh deck parts kits, but I can't see any springiness in the deck, maybe the screws or posts have a spring I haven't seen yet

• Informative

Ericsgreen

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2021
Profile 1.5 mesh and using rayon. I use 1 full rope of Grahams rayon, then slide another 1/2 rope underneath using scotch tape on one end to do a hand made shoe string. This seems to work well for me. I have noticed that if I start to get a flavor issue and in checking the wicking, the spring wick base is normally fully expanded (not putting pressure on mesh). I'll then do another 1/3-1/2 rope underneath. I'll clean my mesh at this time by brushing lightly. :2c:

Good stuff, I've never added more as I go, that makes way to much sense

pt91

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2009
AR
Exactly what I assumed, so the spring loaded decks are maybe better for it, but then the steam craves I have aren't springy, and they're working well, I use the strip of celluton, double it and spend 5 mins sliding it, tucking it, pleading with it, to get under the mesh without mangling it, it's super tight and juices well. But then I notice it seems OK but isn't hogging juice and won't run well at my usual full power , so it's not really %100, that's what I'm saying, I'm far from dry hits or leaking, just not really singing like some builds do for dl.

I've also been meaning to post why my new steam craves come with tiny springs in the mesh deck parts kits, but I can't see any springiness in the deck, maybe the screws or posts have a spring I haven't seen yet

I think the springs on the SC deck may be for the two clamps. I wish SC used springed ceramics like the doom.
I may try rayon on a doom X as it has the spring/ceramic insert to push up the wick.
Although I like the under flow of the siegfried, liquids tend to move along fibers more than through layers (horizontal) of fibers. I think the doom x does both (ends and underside).

Ericsgreen

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2021
Has anyone who uses rayon checked to see the way in which their rayon is manufactured? It's apparently been an issue with tampons:

Tampon Safety | National Center for Health Research

Figures... Best damn wick, double the wicking vs cotton, but they do say current testing shows dioxin in the environment, even pure cotton. Be good info to have for the issues of choosing wicking overall, for most folks, and for vaping safety in general. Idk how we'd look into this

• Agree

Ericsgreen

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2021
I think the springs on the SC deck may be for the two clamps. I wish SC used springed ceramics like the doom.
I may try rayon on a doom X as it has the spring/ceramic insert to push up the wick.
Although I like the under flow of the siegfried, liquids tend to move along fibers more than through layers (horizontal) of fibers. I think the doom x does both (ends and underside).

Doom is a beast for me, it's the one I can tell quickly if its really wicking well, working well here. I never used my siegfried, sounding kinda good now.

I'm having a real ..... with a profile rdta, in rda mode and squonking, the flow doesn't flow, rayon is too tight and the single port hole in dead under the wicking, so it juices up great then sucks the wick back semi dry, not dry dry but little to dry imo, like it needs a channel in the ceramic spring plate to let liquid flow and a gap to stop returning so mucb to the bottle, meaning to post, the profile 1.5 is the same design I thought so wonder how folks are finding it

FoolishMortal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Down Yonder
Anyone using a side-by-side tank with theirs? I'm trying to see what fits. 25mm base measurement. Unfortunately, many tanks have bubble glass, which will go over that 25mm and not fit.

So, I'm looking for a tank that will fit, before I shell out a bunch of clams for a tank that says "25mm" but is fatter elsewhere... or too short.

Anyway, does anyone have experience with a tank that will fit?

Mine are all bigger than 25mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread