Status
Not open for further replies.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
How is the fill port holding up for folks? Seems like an eventual point of failure like with most "pods" I've used in the past. Unfortunately, I don't see replacements being sold.

I haven't had any problems with them and I had them since February. And I refill one especially once or twice daily. I just double-checked the spare parts bag and I only see o-rings and that is all.

• Agree
Reactions: Pigs

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I wonder if there's organized distribution for the product in the US.

The Federal trade commission has had a rule that companies that make available consumer electronics products must make available repair parts for a minimum of 7 years. I think there was a minimum retail price for the rule to kick in and the rule may have been changed or thrown out since I retired from the electronics industry some time ago. Then again, there was no rule on how much you had to sell the parts for and many of us, maybe most of us have bought our mods directly from China which would then give us no specific rights at all.

Vaperz Cloud is one of the collaborators of the Abyss and they are in the US. And I purchased the Glass Kits, battery tubes, and I forgot what else from them. But they stopped selling once the Vape Ban went into effect. Plus Dovpo (China) has been known to sell parts for their other mods. fasttech also list the Abyss (none in yet) and they usually sell parts if there is a demand for it.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
The mouthpiece for the ether will not screw into the top plate(pic). Others have said mine looks different.

Fyi guys on the ether tip not screwing in....
Reached out to suicide mods and they responded immediately.

There was an issue with manufacturing and they are working on a solution.

Figured id mention it in case yall hear of anyone else with the issue.

They told me as soon as they have a resolution it will be posted on fb etc... and will be handled by dovpo/suicide directly.

I have an Ether in my cart now, so I might end up with the same problem. I also have the drip tip kit in there and that might be a problem too. Have you heard anything about the DT kits?

I just got my third Ether in today and sure enough, the drip tip won't screw in all of the way on this one either. First two did.

I also got these Drip Tip Kits. Same type of screw in, except the hole is far larger. And since the outside diameter is much larger too, the tips are not interchangeable between the Ether and the Drip Tip Kit. These do screw in all the way on the top plate though.

I also received an Onyx Abyss. I am surprised that the tank glass and the 21700 battery cover are smoked on this one. And the airflow ring is wide open moving to the left. First batch it was all the way to the right. The buttons on this one isn't very clicky and sometimes not clicky at all.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
... So..., do you consider the lack of click an improvement or defect?

I would think it is just this particular individual unit. Not a change in production.

Speaking of such, the first two from the first production run were serialized at around 1500. This third one which is likely the third run is serialized at over 15000. That is huge amount of Abyss' manufactured in a few months. They must be selling like hotcakes.

• Agree
Reactions: Pigs

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I just got my third Ether in today and sure enough, the drip tip won't screw in all of the way on this one either. First two did.

I also got these Drip Tip Kits. Same type of screw in, except the hole is far larger. And since the outside diameter is much larger too, the tips are not interchangeable between the Ether and the Drip Tip Kit. These do screw in all the way on the top plate though.

I also received an Onyx Abyss. I am surprised that the tank glass and the 21700 battery cover are smoked on this one. And the airflow ring is wide open moving to the left. First batch it was all the way to the right. The buttons on this one isn't very clicky and sometimes not clicky at all.
Mine is onyx and has a clear tank.
Also i removed the airflow ring from mine and it gave the ether just a touch more air. Almost perfect now.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Mine is onyx and has a clear tank.

I would have preferred clear glass myself. Although I have two Glass Kits so I could change it.

Also i removed the airflow ring from mine and it gave the ether just a touch more air. Almost perfect now.

Does that pin that sticks out the that you slide to adjust the airflow just unscrew? Can you can just flip that ring upside down so it flips which way is wide open? Is there an o-ring or something on one side that would prevent flipping?

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I would have preferred clear glass myself. Although I have two Glass Kits so I could change it.

Does that pin that sticks out the that you slide to adjust the airflow just unscrew? Can you can just flip that ring upside down so it flips which way is wide open? Is there an o-ring or something on one side that would prevent flipping?
The "knob" for the airflow was basically press fit for mine. Took a little effort to get out. I didnt notice if it was reversible but seems like it would be. The extra airflow with the ring removed (minimal) works for me.
Easy enough to remove though. Just the 2 tiny torx screws under the tank, then the knob and voila...

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Yep - my Ether DTs are the same. They don't screw down all the way. Hopefully the Suicide Mods fix you mentioned will be free for everyone with the faulty units.

How is the fill port holding up for folks? Seems like an eventual point of failure like with most "pods" I've used in the past. Unfortunately, I don't see replacements being sold.
Mine's held up fine so far and has done since Feb but I agree it's a potential weak point in the design.

At the price they sell for I reckon a whole spare tank should be included - SS top and bottom parts as well as the glass. I've got the spare glass kit but would like a whole spare tank so I can swap out RBAs without dumping juice.

funkipelican

Feb 7, 2014
AZ
I haven't had any problems with them and I had them since February. And I refill one especially once or twice daily. I just double-checked the spare parts bag and I only see o-rings and that is all.

Mine's held up fine so far and has done since Feb but I agree it's a potential weak point in the design.

At the price they sell for I reckon a whole spare tank should be included - SS top and bottom parts as well as the glass. I've got the spare glass kit but would like a whole spare tank so I can swap out RBAs without dumping juice.

Great to hear it's been a non-issue so far. I hear you on the spares. I actually just discovered that SM is selling replacement tank sections. Crisis averted. Unfortunately, I don't see any other vendors with it yet. I'd much rather fork over $10 for that than a glass pack I only care for 1/3rd of. These "accessories" start to add up fast.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I like the tank and think the plug is better than most of these sort of plugs, but filling for me can be a pain, always seem to get juice build up at the fill hole and then a mess everywhere, I was using a syringe to fill, which is a bit inconvenient, so am using in SBS mode now.

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    I use a 120ml Gorilla bottle and I used to have trouble at first. But now I tilt it back and fill until the level just reaches the top of the glass in the back. Then I tilt more and more going towards straight up all while I am pouring. Until the level is at the top of the glass and I pour no more. This way everything stays bone dry.

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    I use a 120ml Gorilla bottle and I used to have trouble at first. But now I tilt it back and fill until the level just reaches the top of the glass in the back. Then I tilt more and more going towards straight up all while I am pouring. Until the level is at the top of the glass and I pour no more. This way everything stays bone dry.
    I've had no problems at all with backing up or bubbles filling with a 100ml gorilla bottle. I also tilt it.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    The "knob" for the airflow was basically press fit for mine. Took a little effort to get out. I didnt notice if it was reversible but seems like it would be. The extra airflow with the ring removed (minimal) works for me.
    Easy enough to remove though. Just the 2 tiny torx screws under the tank, then the knob and voila...

what do you think about the hand feel of the mod?

Reactions: BillW50
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread