Dow chemical refusing to supply Propylene Glycol to e-cigarette industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

shgilman

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2014
Garland,Texas
Another interesting letter I found from DOW to newly acquired Union Carbide dated 2004. Regarding the sale and distribution of PG products. I shows that DOW has for several years planned to restrict their sale of PG to any company that any relation to tobacco products among other industries clear back to 2004.
It's a dead horse...

.https://www.univarusa.com/vwr-inc/whatsnewv2.nsf/0/CF38729A6EDE58F088256EB4006B2689/$file/Dow%20-%20Ethylene%20Glycol.pdf

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Just watching the Dallas Buyer's Club... it's not about vaping, but AIDS, but the FDA's extremely questionable antics and their obvious hand in pocket dealings with big pharma are definately identifiable and relatable to our own FDA struggles.

I just watched that movie tonight, and I agree. The way the FDA / CDC are portrayed in that story is very similar to what we're seeing today with regard to vaping. I need to do more research on those event to find out the extent of what happened, as opposed to the Hollywood version.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Dow is a "CYA" company in most of it's statements. I have a aquaponic farm and we use blueboard as rafts for our plants. If you were to contact DOW, and tell them what you are doing with the blueboard they will end any conversation with you. It doesn't surprise me DOW has taken this stance, any supplier could legally responsible should anything be taken to the courts.

Exactly .. as a business owner myself, I'll state ..

Any company, especially those the size of DOW, even get a hint that there could or might be a liability of any sort thru the use of any product, they are going to insulate themselves legally as much as possible .. this is not isolated to the PV market, it's any market ..

And, the Company is, whether we like it or not, doing the right thing for the Company, in the Opinion of the Company .. DOW Management and Board answers to stockholders ..

And, when any Customer starts buying 55 gallon drums of anything, there is a qualification process and DOW has the right to sell or not sell to who they please ..

The fear mongering, woe is me, fanning the flames hoopla that seems to always permeate these type threads is just the usual ECF noise, in most cases made by the same noise makers .. bottom line .. ?? PG / VG is not going away ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread