Drag 2 spontaneously changing wattage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
I have had this mod for a month.I first thought it was defective because if I answered yes to a new coil it would automatically change my set wattage.I looked into it and discovered the chip sets a "suggested "wattage when you do that.I thought that was really dumb but it is what it is. Recently the mod has been spontaneously changing the wattage and it has given me some nasty hits and literally burned up 2 coils. I guess the mod is defective. Am I correct in assuming that unless you hit new coil the mod should not allow it to fire at a different wattage? Since I have been paying more attention I have noticed it does not even ask if it's a new coil for it to change the wattage.I have updated the firmware with no effect. This thing is downright dangerous. For perspective I am vaping a .50 ohm coil at less then 20 watts.The device changes the wattage to 65!!!!!!!:shock::evil:

Last edited:

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
That's not normal! I don't know if you can turn it off. Does it change wattage while you're pressing the fire button and taking a hit or when you first turn it on? My Drag 2 doesn't do that. Ever. Good luck! Hopefully the Voopoo rep will know what's going on and will have a fix for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread