The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Drag 2 spontaneously changing wattage

Discussion in 'Voopoo' started by Vinnybagodoughnuts, Sep 26, 2019.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Vinnybagodoughnuts

Vinnybagodoughnuts Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 19, 2015
    I have had this mod for a month.I first thought it was defective because if I answered yes to a new coil it would automatically change my set wattage.I looked into it and discovered the chip sets a "suggested "wattage when you do that.I thought that was really dumb but it is what it is. Recently the mod has been spontaneously changing the wattage and it has given me some nasty hits and literally burned up 2 coils. I guess the mod is defective. Am I correct in assuming that unless you hit new coil the mod should not allow it to fire at a different wattage? Since I have been paying more attention I have noticed it does not even ask if it's a new coil for it to change the wattage.I have updated the firmware with no effect. This thing is downright dangerous. For perspective I am vaping a .50 ohm coil at less then 20 watts.The device changes the wattage to 65!!!!!!!:shock::evil:

2. Vinnybagodoughnuts

Nov 19, 2015
    Is there any way to turn this "smart" feature off??

3. Anise

Anise Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 11, 2016
    Southern Louisiana USA
    That's not normal! I don't know if you can turn it off. Does it change wattage while you're pressing the fire button and taking a hit or when you first turn it on? My Drag 2 doesn't do that. Ever. Good luck! Hopefully the Voopoo rep will know what's going on and will have a fix for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Anise

Anise Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 11, 2016
    Southern Louisiana USA
    If its still under warranty I'd contact your vendor. Don't wait till you can't return it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
    Sounds broken to me

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Vinnybagodoughnuts

Nov 19, 2015
    I was hoping I would get some kind of response from Vopoo here but I did start a ticket with Fastech. It seems to be happening when it is waking up. The dangerous thing is it is doing it without asking for the up/down button to be pressed.It just changes wattage I fire it and.....Blech!!!!!

7. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @Vinnybagodoughnuts, I think that you can tweak Voopoo mods with their PC software. But I'm not 100% sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Vinnybagodoughnuts

Nov 19, 2015
    I tried that.There apparently is no way of shutting down the "smart" feature.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Sorry I'm not of much help @Vinnybagodoughnuts.

But like you, I'd have thought that you would be able to disable the smart feature.

• Agree Agree x 1