drip tip hack

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Brag

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Nebraska
Don't know if anyone has needed to do this But I figured I would post it up.
YouTube - jeffAKAslinger's Channel

I have been doing this for a while. The only difference is that I take a small drill and drill a hole through the back of the cart. so I can drip straight through to the wick. Without doing this the juice seems to get hung up in the air passages. I have done this with the round tips also.

No Brag

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Nebraska
I had an atty go bad this morning so I tore it apart to see how it was made. Part of what I was left with was a bunch of "steel wool" I know its not made out of "steel wool" , but something like it. I thought of your post about the coffee filter in the drip tip and rolled up the "steel wool" and insereted it in my converted cartridge. I have been using it all day and its been working fine. I can add 6 drops instead of 3 without flooding the atty. Where can I get some more of this wick material besides tearing up more attys? Why don't they use it instead of the normal cartridge material? I would guess cost would be why.

Skyway

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
NC - USA
www.bsvoboda.com
Removing that "steel wool" (the bridge) is known as debridging your atty. Works well if you are a dripper. Takes a careful hand to do it without breaking the atty. There is a post somewhere else on the forum about it. All the mesh does is keep some of the juice around the heating element so you do not have to drip as often and helps from flooding and to keep anything popping from the element and into your mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread