Apr 29, 2010
SomeWhereOverTheRainbow, GA

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
it looks like he has 3 tips made and in use currently.. pics are located on page 2 of the thread.... again please, if you have been following this thread, stop by the link above and show this guy some support!
They're on page one for me. It depends on how you've got your preferences set ... they start around post #15. Thanks for the tip though. They look pretty interesting!
colorchanger.jpg

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...glassblower-trying-save-people-headaches.html

tristessa363

May 18, 2010
Houston, TX
I have no intentions of registering as a supplier. I like the little community I hang out in and couldn't be there if I were to become a supplier. Not to mention, I'm not really taking any more orders nor seeking other venues to sell my glass. I'm a pipe maker. Like big bubblers with crazy pattern work. I don't really have the time to make a bunch of these. I can make some, sure. But you wont see 100s coming from my shop. I'm just one man with an apprentice that slows me down even more.

Also, I live in Houston, TX. Where in the summer the temp is 100+ in the shade with 80-99% humidity. I shut the shop down for the summer as I've stretched myself thin one day and got heat stroke. Dr. said once you have it you're very susceptible to get it again and to not blow glass during summer months. So here in a few weeks I will be shutting down. I re-open my shop in late October, early November.

Shatner - Not to beat a dead horse, but... I live in Houston also. I assume you've closed up shop by now, but a question for when you reopen: do you sell only to retailers or to individuals as well? I think this glass drip tip thing is an awesome idea and would be interested in getting one, but I am a fan of blown glass in general...

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
Shatner - Not to beat a dead horse, but... I live in Houston also. I assume you've closed up shop by now, but a question for when you reopen: do you sell only to retailers or to individuals as well? I think this glass drip tip thing is an awesome idea and would be interested in getting one, but I am a fan of blown glass in general...

Yes, I've closed shop for the hot season, I'll reopen in November. And yes, I sell to individuals. Actually more to individuals than shops.

And I see that another glassworker is on these. I've seen the pics and they look cool. His skill set is completely different than mine, though. He makes scientific apparatii, I make pipes. I've got some awesome ideas in my head and crudely sketched on paper. Sorry it's going to be so long (Nov), but it's just too damn hot here in the summer.

BababooeyHTJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2010
Hartford
Yes, I've closed shop for the hot season, I'll reopen in November. And yes, I sell to individuals. Actually more to individuals than shops.

And I see that another glassworker is on these. I've seen the pics and they look cool. His skill set is completely different than mine, though. He makes scientific apparatii, I make pipes. I've got some awesome ideas in my head and crudely sketched on paper. Sorry it's going to be so long (Nov), but it's just too damn hot here in the summer.

I'm very interested to see what you come up with.

$hua

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
SomeWhereOverTheRainbow, GA

I feel your pain man.. I work in a screen printing shop.. it was 108 degrees on monday with the heat index and 66% humidity... while i dont work alongside open flames... we do have industrial belt dryers ,, flash heaters for insta cureing inks.. etc.. it bloody freaking hot inside that shop... i leave soaked with sweat everyday... I can only imagine what working with open flames would feel like during this heat...

Good luck with your summer months.. and ill look forward to seeing some progress start back up in Nov..

J

tristessa363

May 18, 2010
Houston, TX

I dread just getting into my car that's been sitting in the sun all day and waiting for the A/C to start blowing cold air, nevermind working in any kind of shop... I totally understand. But you should definitely post here again when you've got something!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread