Status
Not open for further replies.

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Ok, I have this bad problem with the tube part for the driptip.
I couldn't seat the CE2 all the way into the MAP tank and tried to pull out the tube that was placed into the bushing and this was so tight, I screwed it up.
See pic as this is what I did and want to know if anyone might have a bushing I can buy.. LOL..
I can't use this bushing anymore.

Attachments

• delrin part.jpg
    delrin part.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 45

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
I just did this operation! Turn the part you've got screwed up down on a socket and take one of your cut off tubes, work it into the other side and tap the old one out. Worked for me........Looks like to me the end cap itself is O.k.

Thanks for the info, the cap is all screwed up as I held it in a channel lock pliers to hold tight as I don't have enough strength in my hand to have done anything else.
The cap is totally chewed up from the channel locks.
My bad, but had no choice as due to my weak hands.
Otherwise I would have done it a diff way.
Wish that Bruce would sell parts for the tank.
Now I have to buy a new one..
I'll wait till Bruce gets new CE2's in and hopefully have them when he gets new tanks in as well.

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Just a thought..if you've already cut a CE2..will the cutoff tube end fit back in there as a top piece?? Should work?? Might have to trim it to the right length.

Well, wolf, I need to get a new pipe cutter as the one I have does nothing but 'walk' on the tube. Dull as a butter knife. LOL..
Still need a new tank as the bushing is distroyed..

wolflrv

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2010
Tennessee
Well, wolf, I need to get a new pipe cutter as the one I have does nothing but 'walk' on the tube. Dull as a butter knife. LOL..
Still need a new tank as the bushing is distroyed..

How bad do you tear up the delrin part? I'd still try and pull the metal tube out of the delrin and then grab a fresh pipe cutter and try to insert the end of the cut off carto in there. Unless it's totally mutilated, which from pic it doesn't look like it...it should still work. The delrin is way tougher than the metal tube...LOL!

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Did you PM Bruce to see if he has any end caps? He might help you out.......

You know, I did email Bruce, but the man has so much to do and he has helpped me more than anyone could imagine, even myself..
I just hate to keep pestering him like I do.
Now he has the GG's and I know how much more 'little' things he has on his plate.

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
How bad do you tear up the delrin part? I'd still try and pull the metal tube out of the delrin and then grab a fresh pipe cutter and try to insert the end of the cut off carto in there. Unless it's totally mutilated, which from pic it doesn't look like it...it should still work. The delrin is way tougher than the metal tube...LOL!

wolf, I tore the bushing up so bad, I can only save the 'O' ring.. Bushing is shot, period.
Yeah, have to go to HD today to get a rug # so the wife knows how much she is spending b4 she moves back home..

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Just let me know what you need, Stu!

Bruce, I did. even sent you a copy of pic in email (TECH 47).
By the way, I found out that IE8 was the culprit to why I couldn't see much on ur site, upgraded to IE9 and all is good now. LOL
I do need CE2's (both reg & XL in SS when U get them in) and will get a mini tank (for eGo's) as I'm keeping the reg tank 4 my provari my wife is getting me 4 our anvrsry & the Grip I now have.
Pls let me know what the $ is for 2 bushings (I have a feeling I'll distroy another) as the other side I pushed up (threaded) and now can't remove. (now where did I put my other channel locks.) yeah, good thing I have two as I'll need to use both.. LMAO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread