Dripbox 2 is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
Milan, Italy
I'm wondering whether the battery displayed is the one remaining for the wattage selected. If you vape on 18650 you don't have a lot of "time" to vape at 75W, for instance. Could that explain what you are seeing? Has anybody tried vaping... I don't know... a build at 40W and see if the battery display is more "normal"?

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
Doesn't everybody own a pico or an evic?
i don't... and never have.

In my mind Kanger does not have a very good track record with TC devices in general and the DB2 is no exception.
my kbox 75w minis work perfectly fine for TC recognizing and functioning as well as the 160w for TC with SS316L.

my 60w doesn't hold a charge for 2 hours, but that's because i chain vape on it and i know it... it's my favourite coffee vape in the morning.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I have 2 VTC mini's and yes a Pico. All three are around here somewhere.

I only use TC mode with the Dripbox2:
    • unable to adjust watts in TC mode, a low energy build is very helpful here
    • the battery meter is wonky - says its drained while there is still plenty of battery left
    • as expected the TC appears wonky - 300F ought to produce none if not very little vapor, not so on the DB2
    funny, even with the above in mind the DB2 has become my go-to BF setup. I've ran more juice through the DB2+Hadaly than all my other BF'ers combined.

Maybe Kanger will release new firmware which addresses the three items above but then again it is after 8/8/16.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 7, 2011
    Illinois
    Another one that can't read between the lines, or isn't familar with form of expression.
    Since there's multiple people that just can't seem to read between "you're" lines, maybe you shouldn't expect people to read between them and just come out and say what you mean and not always try to "express" yourself!!!

If you buy a $40 device, you should expect $40 worth of quality!! End of story!!

Yes, I think a $40 device is a throw away device, because you will wind up throwing it away sooner than if you had bought an authentic DNA equipped device for maybe $100 more!!

No... I've never owned a Pico of an Evic!!
    Why you ask?
    Because its a throw away device!!
    It will eventually fail!!

Ask all the ones before you that bought multiple versions of the Lavatube, Varitube, Vmax, Zmax, and all the others that have come and gone!! Speaking of the Vmax / Zmax, I think between the 2 they came out with 6-8 versions of them!! Funny thing is they all were throw away devices... Each version of the Vmax lasted on average of about 2-3 months!! Yet they seemed to sell out of each version quickly only for 3 months to go by and people still ended up throwing them away.....wait for it..... Because they were a cheap Chinese throw away device!!!!

btw.... My heads not in my azz, but maybe yours is???

Reactions: Cheallaigh

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

No... I've never owned a Pico of an Evic!!
    Why you ask?
    Because its a throw away device!!
    It will eventually fail!!

Some people just don't want to Spend $150+ on a Mod. Even if it Lasts Longer. I'd rather have New Things more Often. And Lots of them. Verses 1 item that is Supposed to last Longer.

If my DripBox 60w dies tomorrow, so what. I paid $35 for it. And have used it Everyday since April 2016.

So if it Dies, I'm Not going to Lose any sleep over it. I got my Money out of it. Just going to chuck it in the Bin and pull out Another, Brand New, DripBox 60w that is sitting in the drawer.

And I guess when I go thru all those New DripBox 60w's, I can start working on the Pico Squeeze's that are sitting in the Drawer. Because at 20 Bucks a Pop, I've got a few of those Also.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
    Aug 13, 2016
    Georgian Bay, Ontario
    heh that's the thing... i bought a pair of the 60w dripboxes to intro myself and the hubby to squonking, they work, they're easy to setup and use, and a good intro as long as someone understands their limits. we have a pair of the 160's now as well and i love them too... if the BD2's were actually avail locally i might have picked them up as well. chinese doesn't have to mean bad, nor cheap means they're garbage... i'm actually happy with all 6 of the kanger mods i own(1DB 60, 2 DB160, 3 kbox minis), the only reason i have only one of the 60w now is i gave one away to help someone else.

Reactions: TheWestPole

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    There's a bit of a case of handbags at dawn going on here

QGiVJbo.jpg

Yoshiking

Sep 29, 2016
    I will refrain from commenting on mods, chips, performance and etc. since it is not a thread where such subjects should be discussed... and I do apologize if I have started it. Everbody's tired of this kind of discussion anyway.. each to his own.

What I took personal offense is mucizhead's comment
    Half decent squonk mod ruined by a ....ty chip. I hope kangertech comes up with a fix
    Above is an implication that even if the chip worked as intended, I would consider it "half decent"
    Makes sense, but it sounded like he was expecting a $40 Chinese device to work the same as say a DNA chipped device.
    I don't know how the heck I implied that... someone explain to me cuz English is not my first language. I own 3 DNA devices and I know the price of the boards and what I should expect fron the boards.

hazozita

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    What gets me really upset is when I'm really need to vape, but have to change the battery first, is when the battery cap wont screw on! Just happened! :grr:

Been there myself a few times. The only thing worse is when the cap decides to leap from your hand and roll under some furniture. Choice words get spoken at volume during that situation.

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 18, 2014
    Land of Oz
    Been there myself a few times. The only thing worse is when the cap decides to leap from your hand and roll under some furniture. Choice words get spoken at volume during that situation.

LOL, I can imagine! Been using it in watts mode lately. I seem to prefer that since one cant adjust the wattage in TC mode. Haven't had a dry hit yet. Using Fiber Freaks cotton blend with the Hadaly.

Painter_

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 21, 2013
    In my happy place
    After using the dripbox2 for a couple of weeks, The device is nice. I still think that the battery meter decreases to fast. I think that once I get the atty that I ordered and is on the slow boat and drop a single coil in it the battery will last much longer then this dual Clapton setup that comes stock. It takes a lot of power to fire theses Claptons. I run a twisted 26 ni / kanthal in temp mode will be perfect with this device.

kbriggs

ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2014
    Houston, Texas
    www.briggsoft.com
    I got tired of waiting on GeekVape to release their GBox S100 so I went ahead and ordered a Dripbox 2 yesterday from MyVaporStore as my first squonker. I have a Tobeco Velocity V2 but I noticed the included BF pin was not drilled all the way through. Luckily it was deep enough that I managed to get the rest of the way through with a 1/16" drill bit. I also have a Tsunami 24 with a BF pin. I'm wondering if I'll have much overhang with that one on the Dripbox 2?

Reactions: TheWestPole
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread