Status
Not open for further replies.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Original Dripbox 60, I've had some fiddley issues, trying to decide whether to give up...

Background:
- FIrst bottle just popped a leak - an actual crack...
- Second bottle loosened up at the neck and seeped a little with a hard squonk
- Button got sticky, twice - this time I actually DIPPED it in ISO. Dried out, and it's better - but I still think that the button has a pretty limited lifespan...

NOW the trouble is the 510 seems to have sunk. I managed to pry it up a touch and it worked for a while, but then it must have settled or dropped or whatever - no connection again.

Anyone have this happen? Any permanent "raise the positive pin" tips?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Original Dripbox 60, I've had some fiddley issues, trying to decide whether to give up...

Background:
- FIrst bottle just popped a leak - an actual crack...
- Second bottle loosened up at the neck and seeped a little with a hard squonk
- Button got sticky, twice - this time I actually DIPPED it in ISO. Dried out, and it's better - but I still think that the button has a pretty limited lifespan...

NOW the trouble is the 510 seems to have sunk. I managed to pry it up a touch and it worked for a while, but then it must have settled or dropped or whatever - no connection again.

Anyone have this happen? Any permanent "raise the positive pin" tips?

I don't know of any Hacks that you could do to Raise the DP60's 510 pin?

But on Many Atomizers, you can make the 510 stick out Farther by putting an O-Ring like this under the Atty's 510 Pin.

$0.80 Rubber O-Ring Seals for E-Cigarette (10-Pack) 12-pack - 4*1.8*1mm (OD*ID*T) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Or, of course, you could make a New BF Pin from a FDV Blank.

Reactions: Train2

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I suppose I could do that, and maybe dedicate an atty to it - I usually swap things around a bunch, though.

I haven't yet even tried opening up the top of the mod - I guess I'm hoping someone else has - to tell me if that would even give me access to a fix, or a waste of time...

I don't know of any Hacks that you could do to Raise the DP60's 510 pin?

But on Many Atomizers, you can make the 510 stick out Farther by putting an O-Ring like this under the Atty's 510 Pin.

$0.80 Rubber O-Ring Seals for E-Cigarette (10-Pack) 12-pack - 4*1.8*1mm (OD*ID*T) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Or, of course, you could make a New BF Pin from a FDV Blank.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I suppose I could do that, and maybe dedicate an atty to it - I usually swap things around a bunch, though.

I haven't yet even tried opening up the top of the mod - I guess I'm hoping someone else has - to tell me if that would even give me access to a fix, or a waste of time...

I've got those O-Rings on 2 of my BF rda's. They work Fine. You can Also probably find that size O-Rings on e-Bay if you are looking for Faster delievery

---

I have Popped the Top on my DB60. And I don't recall there being a way to Raise the Pin. But there could be.

Just a Word of Caution if you decide to take the Top off. Pull it off SLOWLY. The Wire Leads are Not all that long.

Reactions: Train2

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Soo...pretty sure now it's dead.

I think it actually IS making a 510 connection, and it looks to my ignorant eyes like all is as it should be basically, under the hood. Which leaves....funky-chip. Nothin to do about that, unless I was gonna get all gungho and try to convert it to pure mechanical. Which would be nice, but I'm not that crafty.

inside dripbox 1.jpg

It's OK - I have another dripbox I bought and never even took out of the box! lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread