• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Dripping question: are my atomizers not working right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

froghammer

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2012
Toronto
So I got a couple of these joyetech 510 atomizers (standard resistance):

https://www.canvape.com/product-p/joy510atty.htm

And man, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but they taste horrible and burnt and..........generally evil. Like, had to brush my teeth and mouth to get the taste out and even then it didn't go away until the next day evil.

I was putting 3 drops in each time and I'd get one puff that tasted bad ("Gross- maybe that's the primer"), one that tasted alright ("Okay, now we're good...") and then every puff after that tasted like burnt evil ("Why? Why did someone light plastic poop on fire and then rub it all over my tongue!?!?!?!?!?!"). Repeat for about 5 to 6 three drop cycles.

At that point I thought the one atomizer I bought was maybe screwed up so I tried the other one and it was the exact same disappointing process.

Is there a method of cleaning these things? If it's just a break-in issue, how long can I expect to suffer through this? All I want these atomizers for is tasting new juices and checking to see if steeped ones are any better than I remember from the last time I checked them.

Last edited:

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Ok, first to preface .. I *hate* dripping with a passion - I always get flooding or dry hits. I'm only replying because an experienced dripper hasn't yet.

First off, you can blow out the primer into a kleenex or paper towel, but since you're past that point, it should only take a few primer puffs - short puffs, without inhaling deeply to get rid of the nastiness.

My guess is that you're just getting dry hits .. a bridged atomizer, like the joyetech will hold more liquid than a bridgeless atomizer, so I would try a couple more drops. If you drip too much, you will get gurgling and at worse flooding and then a bit of leaking out of the bottom.

As for washing, you can wash out atomizers with hot water - distilled is best, but not necessary, high proof clear alcohol ( 70 % vodka for example ) or 99% isopropyl alcohol ( rubbing alcohol ) and let them air dry - *especially* with rubbing alcohol, because you do NOT want to vape that.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
I have been dripping for 3+ years...I love it..
I used Joyes for the first 2 years, they are ok for an inexpensive atty, but if you really want High Performance and great taste...
HH357 is the way to go... Custom HH.357 Cisco Spec Hybrid 510 Atomizer - Avid Vaper Dont let the price scare you, they last and the performance level is in a different leauge... I never soak my attys, just blow em clear several times a day...Keeps em working the best...When you blow the HH357 atty out(to clean) blow them from the threaded end...

Last edited:

Nubbie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2012
Alberta Canada
can't tell, but from that link it appears your using a bridged atty, they will hold more than 3 drops of juice. I love the bridge less for this reason, 3 drops, taste the juice, if you like it put it in a bigger container. Blow the thing out and almost no flavours stay around for the next juice.

Have you flooded it yet? If not then you need too, so you can find the fine line of too much vs just right.

I use LR 510's, been doing this for a long time now and loved it from the get go.
1) unpackage new atty
2) blow out primer from drip tip end !
3) ad 6 drops initially & take a few puffs w/o inhaling and see what it tastes like
4) ad 3 drops and vape away, I usually get 6-8 gooood hits then ad 3 more drops

You're bound to get a bit of flooding so get a drip sheild so things never get messy. I've always blown out the atty to clean ( that's it ) & I always blow from the drip tip end with the tip on if you want. I notice the atty works best after a few days use. I get 3 - 5 weeks outa 1 LR 510 on a standard EGO battery. The HH357 are probably awesome but you can have 3 or 4 510's for the price of those. I switched a few months back from drippin like this to a bottom feeder wet box mod. ( Reo Grande ) way more convenient with the same taste. Hope this helps.

gmypc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
GTA, ON
Same here too (learning part).

The draw seems too tight and I do get some gurgling. The ones I got are tiny(short) and gets really hot. I am getting some good vapes (3-4 per 3 drops).

I think I'm doing some of it right but I know for sure the learning has just begun.

Hope I can make it to some vape meet in the future to get some pointers.

Good luck!

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
Same here too (learning part).

The draw seems too tight and I do get some gurgling. The ones I got are tiny(short) and gets really hot. I am getting some good vapes (3-4 per 3 drops).

I think I'm doing some of it right but I know for sure the learning has just begun.

Hope I can make it to some vape meet in the future to get some pointers.

Good luck!

Gurgling indicates flooded or really close..... but you draw that back up with some short little sharp pulls when you're not firing..... be careful though, or you can end up with a juice bomb in your mouth! lol

If they're really hot, I wanna ask what you're vaping on (eGo? Twist - what volts? something else?) and are these the LR 510s or SR?

the little 510s do get hot-ish.... but I'm reading your post as more than that....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread