The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Dear Guest, 

ECF will be down for an extended period Tuesday 25th January from 6am central / 7am Eastern. 

This is due to a server migration. With any luck we'll by open by lunchtime. Thanks in advance for your patience :)

@low_tar_neil

Dismiss Notice

dripping question

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by djwyman, Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. djwyman

djwyman Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2012
    Lake Charles La
    everyone says dripping is the best way to try your new different flavors you havent tried yet. well I decided to do this and instead of being able to try each flavor on its own I seem to be crating my own flavor mixes this way. I first dripped a coffee juice and vaped until I thought it was all gone then I thought hey lets try this watermelon I have and see how it taste. Instead I invented watermelon-coffee (which is not as bad as it sounds). So my question is how do you transition from flavor to flavor when dripping?

2. Andy Thatcher

Andy Thatcher Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2012
    Brit in Orlando
    I drip a couple of drops of VG or flavorless liquid and vape till I taste nothing.

Then drip in the new flavour ànd away I go.

That is when I can be bothered. Otherwise I just carry on dripping until the new flavour comes through.

3. djwyman

Mar 14, 2012
    Lake Charles La
    vg is the one you can get at the drug store right? if so I may have to go get some.

4. Strigoi

Strigoi Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2010
    Martinez, CA
    Yes, most drug stores should have VG.

I always clean mine in some isopropyl alcohol if I'm going to switch flavors.

5. MickeyRat

MickeyRat Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2011
    Hickory, NC
    I usually just blow (from the mouthpiece end) the old juice out and vape till the mix is gone. It doesn't take long. RY-4 and banana actually wasn't bad. :)

6. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    Yes. This works fine for those who leave the house once in a while. :laugh:

7. tj99959

tj99959 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I would also add that now you know why some of us debridge/dewick our atties.

8. IMV8PIN

IMV8PIN Full Member

Mar 30, 2012
    East Coast
    I agree with blowing out the atty. I've also tried vaping VG til the flavor is gone but I feel that it takes too long. I sometimes even blow it out really well sand still drip a few drops of vg and blow again if it's a flavor that is really different from the next.

9. djwyman

Mar 14, 2012
    Lake Charles La
    so I learned to day after going to 3 different drugstores and a grocery store that vg is not as easy to find as people say...I still need to try walmart but rite aide, walgreens and cvs all either looked at me dumb or said they didn't carry it.

10. ukeman

ukeman PV Masher Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 22, 2010
    Kauai, Hawaii
    take basic Menthol type of juice; just menthol, not tobacco, fruit, what have you... i.e. Arctic Ice from Vapor Bomb, and use it like a segue (can't think of any other word)...

1. drip AI into the atty and it accents the previous flavor
    2. drip it again and it's AI on its own more or less
    3. add new flavor which is accented with AI
    4. new flavor only

works like a charm every time as AI is good with everything or on its own.

11. andyapos

andyapos Full Member

Feb 21, 2012
    greece
    i have a bridgeless 510 lr atty for dripping and unfortunately in order to change tastes i have to wash it with water some times but the best thing to do is to let it upside down in a paper towel by night to dip all the juices out , if you do it overnight every day you don t need to wash it so often. but i think that dripping is the next best thing to genesis :)

12. Mdemon

Mdemon Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Trinidad
    Don't ask for VG, ask for Glycerin USP. Same thing.

13. LMFAO loved your signature LOL

14. djwyman

Mar 14, 2012
    Lake Charles La
    I asked for vegetable glycerin.

15. ukeman

ukeman PV Masher Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 22, 2010
    Kauai, Hawaii
    i have not been able to find VG other than from bulk (too big) where it's for other uses.... the only thing i've found locally is Glycerin which is PG. You can get VG from juice vendors... search it here.

16. DancingHeretik

DancingHeretik Dancing in the Chaos Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    VG is easy to find in craft stores because it's used to make cake icings.

Or, just try here.

17. inter_ceptor00

inter_ceptor00 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 27, 2011
    Minor Details
  18. n9emz

n9emz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2012
    Florida Space Coast
    I use separate clean attys for flavor checks. In the case of DIY stuff, I load up separate 510-Ts for time testing rather than repeatedly pulling my juices out of steepage.

[​IMG]

19. Warren D. Lockaby

Warren D. Lockaby Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2011
    South Carolina, USA
    Well not exactly; PG isn't Glycerin, it's Propylene Glycol. If you're finding Glycerin (USP grade) locally I believe it is pharmaceutical grade Glycerin. Now, whether it was derived from vegetables I have no clue, but if it says "USP" I've been okay with it (so far).

Happy Vaping, folks! :vapor:

20. djwyman

Mar 14, 2012
    Lake Charles La
    I will just break down and buy it online like everything else vaping related...(mail man is going to start hating me soon, if he don't already.):facepalm:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.