Dripping: What am I Doing Wrong?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

martiangirl

Sep 19, 2013
Space
I smoke zero nic liquids. I'm in it for the visuals... I love a thick, white, huge cloud. I have a vision spinner 1300mah battery.

So I bought some 510 attys, a drip shield, and like six flavors of 80 vg 20 pg. I am following the directions to a T like I see on dripping videos and I'm getting a tiny smoke cloud. The draw is too tight too. I used various voltages ranging from 3.8 to 4.8 volts.

So I loaded up an iclear clearomizer with some 80vg and it was pointless. very lackluster vapor cloud.

so I loaded some 80vg in my anyvape davide glassomizer and as usual that crap just tastes burnt (I hate this glassomizer) the draw is SUPER airy and I get little smoke.

What the heck? What am I doing wrong? I just want a HUGE, opaque vapor cloud. tips? What's the best way to smoke 80vg 20pg?

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
As a general rule, the thicker the clouds, the lesser the flavor, and the throat hit can be down right painful. Most of us vape to quit smoking, and to enjoy the flavor and throat hit with a reasonable amount of vapor. Chasing clouds is not an exercise I'm interested in, and yet, there are plenty of videos out there about high VG percentage, sub ohm coiling, vaping in the bathroom with the shower running using special lighting that allow some of the cloud chasers to produce huge clouds of horrible vape. I don't recommend any of this, particularly for new vapers, as you enter the world of actually dangerous vaping. Like most things, there's a balance between vapor, flavor and throat hit that works for the vast majority of vapers. Cloud chasing, for purely visual purposes is not something I can make any recommendations about. I prefer a good vape that just keeps me off the analogs. Good luck to you and happy vaping. Welcome to the Forum. Best to you!

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
sounds like the vg is too thick and not working it's way into the coil properly, you can try adding a couple drops of distilled water or pg and thin the mix just a little.
depending on the brand of juice they may have really just poured the vg in without thinning it a little, the stuff is about as liquid as silicon caulking pure lol

you can still get really thick vapor from a high pg blend. the coils will make a lot of the difference.

most of the ultra thick clouds are coming from multi coil setups designed just for this effect.

if that is what your after your going to have to go to rebuildables

Last edited:

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
There's a few things to consider when it come to producing thick clouds of vapor; your setup is just one factor, not the only factor.

1). Vaping dehydrates you, so the less hydrated you are, the less vapor your going to produce, the smaller the overall throat hit is going to be and the less flavor your going to pick up on. PG & VG are humectants, meaning they draw water from your body to the surface and as they come in contact with it, they bond so that when you exhale, you exhale water vapor. The water is coming from your body, not your juice and not the PG/VG. Your just inhaling more of it, so it bonds to more water from your system at a more rapid pace to produce more water vapor.

2). If you want consistent clouds, stay hydrated. The average recommended fluid (water) intake is generally .5 ounces for every pound you weigh divided by 8. I'm 190, so that's 95 ounces, which comes out to about 12-13x 8oz glasses of water per day. Mayo Clinic actually recommends 13x 8 oz for men and 9x 8 oz for women.

2). Your tank and coil setup plays a valuable role. Rebuilding is *the* way to go if you're going to chase clouds. There's really no way around it. I've seen dual, tri and quad-coil setups. A quad-coil setup is going to use a TON of power and is going to be HOT, so I'd only recommend doing this with a mod you KNOW is capable of being consistent. You can ruin a mod running it too high for too long, or by using a setup that it's not meant to use. You may want to look into mech mods and a kick.

4). Micro Coils are very nice, but you need to build them consistently as they can short. Going back to mods, make sure you have a mod that can turn its self off if a short is detected to prevent the mod from going to the garbage bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread