Status
Not open for further replies.

Gimby

Nov 14, 2008
Birmingham, UK
I feel I've got the hang of all this now and things are falling into place nicely for me, but I am still a newbie in many respects and I have to ask the question...

Whats with the dry mouth??

I havent had a regular cig for over 3 weeks now, and every morning I wake up feeling like every drop of moisture has been drained from my mouth and throat! I am now sleeping with a bottle of water by my bed every night ready for the morning. Once I have a drink of water it goes pretty quickly and I feel fine again so it's by no means a worry, simply an uncomfortable annoyance.

Is this normal? Is it a result of vaping? Is it a side effect of giving up regular cigarettes (first time I have gone this long in the 11 years I have smoked)? And most importantly... does it go away or do I just have to put up with it?

Cheers in advance as always people :)

Gimby

Nov 14, 2008
Birmingham, UK
A guy that I work with that also smoked an e-cig get the same thing, and started on his just a couple of days after me. I was hoping it was just a temporary thing. If I have to put up with it then I will, but I really hope I don't have to. lol.

Will definitely br drinking that glass of water before I go to bed tonight, see if that makes a difference in the morning...

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
This is covered well in the Health section. It's very common. Propylene glycol is a humectant, used to keep things like pipe tobacco moist. Placed on dry skin, PG will pull moisture from the air to make your skin moist and supple. When you e-smoke, you coat your mouth with PG. When you go to sleep, you begin breathing dry room air through your mouth. PG goes to work to maintain its 70% humidity. If the air is drier than your mouth, it pulls moisture from your mouth to the air. Your throat dries out as a result. Keep it up all night and you'll awaken with a sore throat (and invite germs into your body through that sore throat). Wash away the PG before you go to sleep. Drink water or gargle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread