DSE-905 switch issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lymsleia

Aug 18, 2010
Portland, OR
Ok so i hated the reliability on the joye 510 and figured...hey bigger is better. Bigger hits and tastes better and has a much better battery life but this one started giving me issues not even 3 weeks after i got it. I have issues getting my carts to hold liquid very well. I think i need to replace the cotton stuffing in them. But i started dripping into the atty. 4 to 6 drops was plenty and lasted quite awhile without leaking. But my cat had jumped up into my lap and got his claws into...male bits as i was refilling and i dripped quite a bit more than usual into the atty. I was sucking it up and had to blow out the atty to get it to work right again. But it seems some of the juice seeped through into the switch. Or this happned when i dropped the dse one time. It is hyeavy and weight is distributed oddly. But point being. The light would not come on from simply pressing the button. I had to hold it down for quite awhile before it came on or mash the button down as hard as i could to get it to come on. That stopped working so i decided to try and take the switch apart. I removed a rubber grommet and i noticed a black wire not connected ot anything. Black wires are always ground wires so any metal object would be fine and i stuck it in the thread for the body and it seems to be working "ok" if i hold the e-cig just right. But im wondering if theres a better fix for this problem? I really like the 905 and i cant afford to get another one. And cant find replacement switches either. Let me know if you would like pics just didnt want to mess with it when i got it working but ill have to take the battery out eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread