DSE901 Self-cleaning???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gemini

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2008
Birmingham
I've had 3 brand new dse 901 batteries in the past week that have done similar to yours:mad:, i've sent them back for replacements, every 3 or so draws they flashed approx 9 times, then cut out for ages, one of them was deffo doing the cleaning cycle after 3-4 draws, atomiser was red hot!!! all 3 obviously faulty, just hope the replacements are ok!!

Antebellum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Madison, GA
I'm not sure about the 901, but my 801 flashes 15 times slowly to tell me that I'm vaping too much and it's cutting me off for a while. It and I seldom agree about this, so I've pre-ordered a Prodigy. I refer to the microchip inside as the "nanny chip."

It flashes 20+ times quickly to show that the battery needs charging, and it flashes four times to show that it's plugged into the charger. The charger also flashes green - just a blip - every five seconds after it's charged for a while, but I haven't figured out yet what that means.

Maybe the 901 does something similar?

It also seems to think that I puff in a strange way. If I make a slow, steady draw, the LED glows and fades, glows and fades, and never goes nanny on me. I also have one battery that is fair more stringent than the other. Open the pod bay doors, Hal.

OutWest

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Oklahoma USA
www.alternasmokes.com
For the true DSE901s, without any customization - if you take 16 puffs within one minute, or if you take a drag that is longer than 5 seconds, it will temporarily cut off and blink 10 times. If it flashes 30 times, it needs to be replaced with freshly charged battery. When battery has registered 1500 puffs it will go into a 20-second self-cleaning cycle, during which time the battery stays lit without blinking.

Hope that helps

Keef

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2008
Scotland
The 901s I had used to flash like a loonie when they self clean.

You can also hear a distinctive schh sound come from the atomiser when it starts.

The atomiser also gets HOT much more so than usual .

Best thing to do is unscrew it wait a few seconds and then screw it back in.

It should NOT start another self clean .

If it starts heating up again immediately then you most likely have a problem with the battery switch being stuck.

Try tapping it gently or blow through it from the LED end this may free it.

Dont leave it screwed in to the atomiser unattended until you are satisfied it is safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread