Dual battery squonk with tc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiestylillady

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2017
USA
I check this site every so often and came across this item available for preorder. Thought I'd share and get some thoughts about it. This is the first time I've been tempted to preorder something.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181104-150201.jpg
    Screenshot_20181104-150201.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20181104-150111.jpg
    Screenshot_20181104-150111.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Useful
Reactions: Fidola13

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Meh, too much branding for my taste, also no picture of the actual squonk parts + 2 18650s won't provide 200 watts.

I much prefer my single 21700 squonk, i use a single coil rda anyway and 1 battery provides me power all day long.
Would probably be more interesting if it was dual 21700 and without all that giant branding, i hate being a walking billboard for companies.

• Agree
Reactions: bombastinator

Fiestylillady

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2017
USA
Meh, too much branding for my taste, also no picture of the actual squonk parts + 2 18650s won't provide 200 watts.

I much prefer my single 21700 squonk, i use a single coil rda anyway and 1 battery provides me power all day long.
Would probably be more interesting if it was dual 21700 and without all that giant branding, i hate being a walking billboard for companies.
Hmm. What wattage are you vaping? I wouldl switch to a 21700 but then I'd have to replace all my current batteries. But I have been eyeing the other squonker that use 21700 but offer a sleeve just in case I run out of batteries should I go the 21700 route.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Have any links or pics?
Not off hand myself. Someone posted a video of a tour of the lostvape factory though and it had pics of the new drone 250cs. They look slightly different from the first run of them. One of them has a smoked see through case iirc. They released one run of them earlier and they sold out completely and cannot even be had used it seems. There are lots of pics of the previous model online though

Fiestylillady

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2017
USA
Not off hand myself. Someone posted a video of a tour of the lostvape factory though and it had pics of the new drone 250cs. They look slightly different from the first run of them. One of them has a smoked see through case iirc. They released one run of them earlier and they sold out completely and cannot even be had used it seems. There are lots of pics of the previous model online though
Just googled and its out of stock every where. But what a hefty price tag. Is the replay function worth it? I've never owned a DNA atm.

Reactions: Eskie

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Hmm. What wattage are you vaping? I wouldl switch to a 21700 but then I'd have to replace all my current batteries. But I have been eyeing the other squonker that use 21700 but offer a sleeve just in case I run out of batteries should I go the 21700 route.
I got myself the Pulse 80w that's why i started using 21700, but considering i mostly vape higher resistance on it (.4 and up) i don't need to use them, i could use 18650 and still get enough life out of a single cell. I mostly like it because of the weight it gives the mod.

I still use my aegis legend with dual 18650s for dual coils though, but i'd use a dual 21700 for sure if i had one,but even then i've got enough 18650s that are functionning fine so not worth it in my case.

Reactions: Fiestylillady

Fiestylillady

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2017
USA
Reactions: Eskie

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Just googled and its out of stock every where. But what a hefty price tag. Is the replay function worth it? I've never owned a DNA atm.
They are in fact not even vaguely close to cheap :/

The first run sold out everywhere very quickly and it cannot even be bought used. There is another run coming out soon but afaik it has not been released yet. I do not expect it to be any cheaper. The thing with DNA is it does TC more easily and accurately than other boards. It used to be the only board that did TC at all, but the standard Chinese copying thing happened, and now there are many mods with TC of widely varying quality. Their new thing is replay, which is a vastly simplified way to do TC. I found TC to be simply too complicated, but I got a therion BF and simply love replay. This I guess sort of makes me like one of those people who can only drive automatic transmission cars or something.
I suppose I should just be happy with my therion, it was pricey enough after all, but the 2 hour battery life at my preferred wattage drives me mildly insane and I’d love another battery that isn’t such a pita to change

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I recently ran into an ad from 3fvape that claimed they had a no name 2 battery dna250c squonker for $113. It looked to be the same design as the boxer which is a $300+ mod but was made out of superior plastic. I was quite excited, but looked for the thread and it was gone :/
Imho the boxer is one of the most overpriced products in vaping. A cheaper dna 250c squonker is right up my alley though

Reactions: Fiestylillady
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread