The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Dual Coil 510 Tank Cartomizer!

Discussion in 'MadVapes' started by R1D5G7, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. djej

djej Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    Dallas
    Wow, very cool! I see it has a 'regulator' in it, obviously to regulate the voltage, but does it maintain voltage across the life of the batteries? In other words, if you set it to 3.9 volts, will it stay there until the batteries are pretty much dead?

2. trinifreak

trinifreak Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2011
    Does anyone know if the smok tech steel 1.7 ohm carto will work on the 5 ML tanks? I am really starting to hate dual coils. These measure 35mm in length from the description of the product. Smok Tech Metal 1.7 ohm 510 Cartomizers

3. Marb

Marb Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 30, 2011
    Portland, OR
    I recently received my chrome version of the 3.5ml tank and the ends seem to have a looser fit to the tube than the black version. No leaks or anything so far, but I almost pulled the tube off the bottom end cap a couple of times when attempting to refill. The inner seals around the carto seem good but maybe a wee bit tight though. Not really a major issue since I really shouldn't be pulling on the tube anyway :p

And I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but for those hesitant in cutting their 3.5ml tank down for shorter cartos: you can cut down a tube from a clear EMDCC and use that. The Clear EMDCC's tubes are the same diameter inside and out. Or cut one the same size just so you can have an "eGo DC" logo on your mini tank :D

Attached Files:

4. Errol

Errol Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    Salt lake City, Ut
    Did you order the one with a voltage indicator? I have one on the way, will sure beat having to screw a volt meter on to set the voltage as I do on my other two.

Errol

5. Errol

Dec 4, 2010
    Salt lake City, Ut
    The Mad Vapes tank is 45mm from end to end. The carto you are looking at is only35mm long.

Errol

6. Errol

Dec 4, 2010
    Salt lake City, Ut
    Most of my vaping is done at 5.v and it holds 5v steady. My Ultra Fire batteries cut out before my voltage drops below 5v. The most I've ever seen it drop was at 6v to 5.9v, Don't know if it would have dropped then if the bats had been fully charged.

Errol

7. Princessdee

Princessdee Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 23, 2009
    PA, USA
    I've had to cut several of my tanks, I don't like it but I do it. Still looking for SINGLE CORE xl regular resistance cartos. (cause I likethem. No other reason)

8. Errol

Dec 4, 2010
    Salt lake City, Ut
    That's the best possible reason! :) This link will take you to some SC mega cartos, have no idea how long they are. Cartomizers - 510 Line - IkenVape Store

Errol

9. Errol

Dec 4, 2010
    Salt lake City, Ut
    I ask Steve if the SC carto he used in this review SD Keychain review: Lots of power, tiny e-cigarette fits the Mad Vapes tank, apparently it does.

This is what CCV has "Pre-Punched mega 1.7 resurrectors (Bottom plated for all the DCT tanks I sell)" You will want to contact them to make sure it's a SC and what you want.

Crystal Clear Vaping

It's worth mentioning that their shipping is free.

Errol

10. Princessdee

Princessdee Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 23, 2009
    PA, USA
    Thanks, Errol.
    Looking for regular resistance. I've gotten several things from CCV (their drip tips are lovely) but not interested in 1.7

11. Errol

Dec 4, 2010
    Salt lake City, Ut
    I got word back from Isaac at the IkenVape Store "The Mega’s are 50mm" so apparently any of his Mega units will fit your 45mm tank. Isaac has some the the finest vaping equipment available. He has established a reputation of redesigning existing vaporizers and making them notably better. You may want to give his lineup some consideration.

If you have any questions contact him, he is very responsive to his customers. I just placed my first very small order with him to sample his products and he treated me like I was his best ever customer. :)

Errol

12. CowboyGoggles

CowboyGoggles Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2012
    Huntsville, AL
    so... how many volts can I safely throw at this thing? I'm running it on a 3.7 volt mod I built and it's performing a little oddly :(
    1) it snaps and pops all the time as if the juice is boiling rather than vaporizing.
    2) its vapor production is comparable to my 2 ohm SC cartos, I expected more.
    3) when I fire it there is a delay of about 2 seconds before i begin to get good vapor.
    4) the juice in my tank is noticeably darker after a day or so.
    anyone else have share there issues?

any known diagnoses?

is this normal?
    thanks,

CG

13. JimmyJet

JimmyJet Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2011
    Carolinas
    My experience is virtually the same. Vapor is good but not great. Yes there is a delay, so I sometimes hold the button briefly before taking a draw. Crackling is common with many cartos, but this carto seems to do it more, occasionally stinging my tongue. Almost all liquids get darker over time.

I still love these tanks though. A full tank on top of a dual-18650 mod will last me half a week. Not long ago a decent tank cost $50. These babies are a lot of bang for the buck.

Right now I'm eagerly awaiting the flanged, pre-punched smoktech 1.7s. (Resurrectors)

JJ :)

14. wyojoe

wyojoe Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2011
    Wyoming
    I think you will really like the Resurrectors/smokteck 1.7ohm. I guess I vape to much I use the 18650 mod and am lucky if I get a full day and evening out of it. Does your mod have 2-18650 batteries in it?? What is your mod??

15. JimmyJet

JimmyJet Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2011
    Carolinas
    Yes, PM sent. :)

16. AaronB

AaronB Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hey all,

I'm in need of replacement "tanks" (only) as I've cracked two recently in my pocket. Looking for the 5ml and 3.5. Didn't see them on site other than the whole setup, if anyone can point me in the right direction or pm me I would appreciate it.

17. 5vz

5vz Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 19, 2011
    in here somewhere USA
    Here's one place, saw another yesterday with just the tube, but can't recall where. Tube was same price anyhow.

Carto Tank Mods

18. my4jewels

my4jewels Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Maine
    There are a lot of us that have done extensive research on this, and the tube size for a DCTank is proprietary, according to Smoktech. To this date, no one has found a suitable sized tubing to fit the DCTank these end caps.

The cheapest place I have seen the tank is here: SMOKTech 510 Dual Coil Tank Tube

Use coupon code FB5off.

19. AaronB

AaronB Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Thanks for the info.

20. wyojoe

wyojoe Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2011
    Wyoming
    Thanks for the PM, I didn't know they had a mod with that much power. I will have to take a look at that. 2-14650 batteries in one mod, WOW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.