Dual Coil 510 Tank Cartomizer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

djej

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2011
Dallas
The MV VV mods are excellent, I have two of them. The tanks and most anything else you may want to try will work very well on them. If you're thinking of getting one I strongly suggest you get their latest release, the built in volt meter makes it a lot nicer to set the voltage. Variable Volt Box Mod w/ Voltage Indicator

Errol

Wow, very cool! I see it has a 'regulator' in it, obviously to regulate the voltage, but does it maintain voltage across the life of the batteries? In other words, if you set it to 3.9 volts, will it stay there until the batteries are pretty much dead?

Marb

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2011
Portland, OR
I recently received my chrome version of the 3.5ml tank and the ends seem to have a looser fit to the tube than the black version. No leaks or anything so far, but I almost pulled the tube off the bottom end cap a couple of times when attempting to refill. The inner seals around the carto seem good but maybe a wee bit tight though. Not really a major issue since I really shouldn't be pulling on the tube anyway :p

And I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but for those hesitant in cutting their 3.5ml tank down for shorter cartos: you can cut down a tube from a clear EMDCC and use that. The Clear EMDCC's tubes are the same diameter inside and out. Or cut one the same size just so you can have an "eGo DC" logo on your mini tank :D

Attachments

• Photo_00060.jpg
    Photo_00060.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 34

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
Thanks. I'm waiting for a delivery already. I just wasn't sure about tank. Never used them and have no idea what's it. Will order as soon as get VVM delivered.

Did you order the one with a voltage indicator? I have one on the way, will sure beat having to screw a volt meter on to set the voltage as I do on my other two.

Errol

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
Does anyone know if the smok tech steel 1.7 ohm carto will work on the 5 ML tanks? I am really starting to hate dual coils. These measure 35mm in length from the description of the product. Smok Tech Metal 1.7 ohm 510 Cartomizers

The Mad Vapes tank is 45mm from end to end. The carto you are looking at is only35mm long.

Errol

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
Wow, very cool! I see it has a 'regulator' in it, obviously to regulate the voltage, but does it maintain voltage across the life of the batteries? In other words, if you set it to 3.9 volts, will it stay there until the batteries are pretty much dead?

Most of my vaping is done at 5.v and it holds 5v steady. My Ultra Fire batteries cut out before my voltage drops below 5v. The most I've ever seen it drop was at 6v to 5.9v, Don't know if it would have dropped then if the bats had been fully charged.

Errol

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
I've had to cut several of my tanks, I don't like it but I do it. Still looking for SINGLE CORE xl regular resistance cartos. (cause I likethem. No other reason)

I ask Steve if the SC carto he used in this review SD Keychain review: Lots of power, tiny e-cigarette fits the Mad Vapes tank, apparently it does.

This is what CCV has "Pre-Punched mega 1.7 resurrectors (Bottom plated for all the DCT tanks I sell)" You will want to contact them to make sure it's a SC and what you want.

Crystal Clear Vaping

It's worth mentioning that their shipping is free.

Errol

Last edited:

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
Thanks, Errol.
Looking for regular resistance. I've gotten several things from CCV (their drip tips are lovely) but not interested in 1.7

I got word back from Isaac at the IkenVape Store "The Mega’s are 50mm" so apparently any of his Mega units will fit your 45mm tank. Isaac has some the the finest vaping equipment available. He has established a reputation of redesigning existing vaporizers and making them notably better. You may want to give his lineup some consideration.

If you have any questions contact him, he is very responsive to his customers. I just placed my first very small order with him to sample his products and he treated me like I was his best ever customer. :)

Errol

Last edited:

CowboyGoggles

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2012
Huntsville, AL
so... how many volts can I safely throw at this thing? I'm running it on a 3.7 volt mod I built and it's performing a little oddly :(
1) it snaps and pops all the time as if the juice is boiling rather than vaporizing.
2) its vapor production is comparable to my 2 ohm SC cartos, I expected more.
3) when I fire it there is a delay of about 2 seconds before i begin to get good vapor.
4) the juice in my tank is noticeably darker after a day or so.
anyone else have share there issues?

any known diagnoses?

is this normal?
thanks,

CG

JimmyJet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
Carolinas
1) it snaps and pops all the time as if the juice is boiling rather than vaporizing.
2) its vapor production is comparable to my 2 ohm SC cartos, I expected more.
3) when I fire it there is a delay of about 2 seconds before i begin to get good vapor.
4) the juice in my tank is noticeably darker after a day or so.

My experience is virtually the same. Vapor is good but not great. Yes there is a delay, so I sometimes hold the button briefly before taking a draw. Crackling is common with many cartos, but this carto seems to do it more, occasionally stinging my tongue. Almost all liquids get darker over time.

I still love these tanks though. A full tank on top of a dual-18650 mod will last me half a week. Not long ago a decent tank cost $50. These babies are a lot of bang for the buck.

Right now I'm eagerly awaiting the flanged, pre-punched smoktech 1.7s. (Resurrectors)

JJ :)

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
My experience is virtually the same. Vapor is good but not great. Yes there is a delay, so I sometimes hold the button briefly before taking a draw. Crackling is common with many cartos, but this carto seems to do it more, occasionally stinging my tongue. Almost all liquids get darker over time.

I still love these tanks though. A full tank on top of a dual-18650 mod will last me half a week. Not long ago a decent tank cost $50. These babies are a lot of bang for the buck.

Right now I'm eagerly awaiting the flanged, pre-punched smoktech 1.7s. (Resurrectors)

JJ :)
I think you will really like the Resurrectors/smokteck 1.7ohm. I guess I vape to much I use the 18650 mod and am lucky if I get a full day and evening out of it. Does your mod have 2-18650 batteries in it?? What is your mod??

5vz

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
in here somewhere USA
Hey all,

I'm in need of replacement "tanks" (only) as I've cracked two recently in my pocket. Looking for the 5ml and 3.5. Didn't see them on site other than the whole setup, if anyone can point me in the right direction or pm me I would appreciate it.

Here's one place, saw another yesterday with just the tube, but can't recall where. Tube was same price anyhow.

Carto Tank Mods

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
There are a lot of us that have done extensive research on this, and the tube size for a DCTank is proprietary, according to Smoktech. To this date, no one has found a suitable sized tubing to fit the DCTank these end caps.

The cheapest place I have seen the tank is here: SMOKTech 510 Dual Coil Tank Tube

Use coupon code FB5off.
Hey all,

I'm in need of replacement "tanks" (only) as I've cracked two recently in my pocket. Looking for the 5ml and 3.5. Didn't see them on site other than the whole setup, if anyone can point me in the right direction or pm me I would appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread