Dual Coil 510 Tank Cartomizer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fernand

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Californeea
I was overreacting. It has been feeding fine on both 3.5 and 5ml tanks using 95% VG juice. No bubbles on the 5 ml, but watch that level drop. It takes higher voltage with these cartos, not as efficient as others. Anybody replace the cartos with another brand or type? The little cones keep the tank from slipping down anyway, flange isn't essential.

Fabsta

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2010
Jo'burg, South Africa
I was overreacting. It has been feeding fine on both 3.5 and 5ml tanks using 95% VG juice. No bubbles on the 5 ml, but watch that level drop. It takes higher voltage with these cartos, not as efficient as others. Anybody replace the cartos with another brand or type? The little cones keep the tank from slipping down anyway, flange isn't essential.

Yep, I've used boges 2 ohms in a cut down tank (2 holes punched in the carto) as well as smoktech 1.7 ohm single coil (1 hole punched) without issues. Both work really well. I'm still not convinced that dc's are they way to go with these tanks. I reckon that the top coil is likely to burn the diaper if you don't feed it from the top regularly.

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
Yep, I've used boges 2 ohms in a cut down tank (2 holes punched in the carto) as well as smoktech 1.7 ohm single coil (1 hole punched) without issues. Both work really well. I'm still not convinced that dc's are they way to go with these tanks. I reckon that the top coil is likely to burn the diaper if you don't feed it from the top regularly.

In addition to enlarging the bottom hole I drilled a hole next to the top coil for just that reason.

Errol

djej

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2011
Dallas
If the 1.5ohm DC carto pulls down the voltage of an ego battery too much, how would a 2ohm version react (on an ego)? Do you think it would outperform the 1.5 because of the lighter load, or would the performance even out and be very similar?

All I have is ego batteries and the 1.5 carto does seem to struggle a little bit (or should I say the ego does :p). I have boge 2.0's ready to go, but I don't want to cut my tank down just yet.

Tank Replacement Dual Coil Cartomizers, 2.0 ohms

Are these smoktech??????? They're keeping them generic in the description.

Last edited:

Fabsta

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2010
Jo'burg, South Africa
If the 1.5ohm DC carto pulls down the voltage of an ego battery too much, how would a 2ohm version react (on an ego)? Do you think it would outperform the 1.5 because of the lighter load, or would the performance even out and be very similar?

All I have is ego batteries and the 1.5 carto does seem to struggle a little bit (or should I say the ego does :p). I have boge 2.0's ready to go, but I don't want to cut my tank down just yet.

Tank Replacement Dual Coil Cartomizers, 2.0 ohms

Are these smoktech??????? They're keeping them generic in the description.

I believe that the 2 ohm dc's are meant for higher voltages and won't work very well on an ego batt. I've never tried them though. Those ones are smoktech.

Edited to add: I heard that Boge will be bringing out a 45mm carto next month so you may not have to cut down your tank.

Last edited:

djej

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2011
Dallas
I believe that the 2 ohm dc's are meant for higher voltages and won't work very well on an ego batt. I've never tried them though. Those ones are smoktech.

Edited to add: I heard that Boge will be bringing out a 45mm carto next month so you may not have to cut down your tank.

So in general, dual coils just aren't that good for ego's? If 1.5ohm is too heavy a load, and 2 or 3 ohm carts are pretty much for high voltage batteries, it doesn't sound like there is any good dual coil solution for the ego's.

I do however have a ego mega dual coil cart (5ml) on my ego right now (from smoktech I believe). It does feel a touch underpowered, but it works very nicely actually. I'm running out of power faster though. These are made for the ego, and are listed as such with specific ego threading, so I figured it's at least pretty safe.

I also have an echo-e dual coil from mountain vapor, also made especially for the ego. It feels even more underpowered, producing a little less heat and vapor than the EMDCC. So far, the EMDCC is one of my favorite carts, cause you can literally "dump" liquid into it, it's just so dang big!! Almost too big (from a visual standpoint, including mouthpiece, it's about as long as an ego 900mah battery!). On the ego, it looks like a bloated big brother of the cigeasy elite 808..LOL

Last edited:

worstedcdogg

Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
OTTAWA CANADA (IN THE 613)
ive bought 3 of these tanks now (its hard to vape a whole tank of one flavour without a break) and on all of them the included cartos havent worked right, they spit juce out the top, dont produce much vapour, etc. my hypothesis is that its because they dont come with a condom or in an individual wrapper. anyone else experience this?

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I've used both regular and DC 2.0 ohm carto's on my Joye eGo batts and for me it worked well. I liked the warmer vape of 2.0 ohm carto's on the 3.2-3.4 bolt eGo batts. Didn't seem to appreciable decrease the amount of time for the batts to run down either. With 2 ohms I was running at 5.5+Watts compared to a little less than 4 Watts using 3.0 ohm cartos.

djej

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2011
Dallas
I've used both regular and DC 2.0 ohm carto's on my Joye eGo batts and for me it worked well. I liked the warmer vape of 2.0 ohm carto's on the 3.2-3.4 bolt eGo batts. Didn't seem to appreciable decrease the amount of time for the batts to run down either. With 2 ohms I was running at 5.5+Watts compared to a little less than 4 Watts using 3.0 ohm cartos.

What kind of dual coil 2.0 are you using on the ego's? Are they the one's from madvapes?

Also, a more technical question...

Is a single coil 2.0 ohm carto easier to drive than a 2.0 ohm dual coil? People rave about the boge 2.0 carto's (single coil) on their ego's, but all the descriptions of 2.0 dual coil's always seem to include the words "for high voltage use". The resistance is technically the same, but what's the real difference?

Does the dual coils get half as hot but in two places - I'm not really sure how to word this :oops:

Last edited:

Fernand

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Californeea
Two ohm is two ohms as far as the battery sees it. But construction varies, some give you more vapor at a given power usage. Boges give you a good vape on eGo batteries even at 3 ohms, and at 2.0 its amazing. Some other cartos have to get down to 1.5 ohms to give equivalent vapor, which is getting hard on the battery and its circuit board.

djej

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2011
Dallas
I understand that 2ohms is 2 ohms to a battery. BUT...a single coil at 2ohms is being heated to a certain temp, pretty hot I guess. On the same battery, a Dual Coil 2ohm is seen as the same load, but you're having to heat up two 4ohm coils. So, is each coil getting less hot, but there's TWO of them..So is the combined temperature of the two coils somewhat equal to the temp of the single coil version?
It's probably not directly proportional like that, but hopefully you get my drift.

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
I understand that 2ohms is 2 ohms to a battery. BUT...a single coil at 2ohms is being heated to a certain temp, pretty hot I guess. On the same battery, a Dual Coil 2ohm is seen as the same load, but you're having to heat up two 4ohm coils. So, is each coil getting less hot, but there's TWO of them..So is the combined temperature of the two coils somewhat equal to the temp of the single coil version?
It's probably not directly proportional like that, but hopefully you get my drift.

A dual coil is definitely harder on the battery, they draw more amperage/watts, that is why many sights warn you against using them on a ego style battery. In essence you are heating two coils to a bright red instead of one. Many PVs such as the Provari can't handle a DC atty/carto because it exceeds it's amp limitations.

The 1.5ohm SC unit will work very well on your battery, they were my favorite vape for a long time prior to the DC and my getting a VV Mod.

Errol

Last edited:

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
Will this works on MV VV mode? I've never used tanks (still can't understand what's it) or VV before.:blink:

The MV VV Mods are excellent, I have two of them. The Tanks and most anything else you may want to try will work very well on them. If you're thinking of getting one I strongly suggest you get their latest release, the built in volt meter makes it a lot nicer to set the voltage. Variable Volt Box Mod w/ Voltage Indicator

Errol

Andyhrn

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
TX
The MV VV Mods are excellent, I have two of them. The Tanks and most anything else you may want to try will work very well on them. If you're thinking of getting one I strongly suggest you get their latest release, the built in volt meter makes it a lot nicer to set the voltage. Variable Volt Box Mod w/ Voltage Indicator

Errol
Thanks. I'm waiting for a delivery already. I just wasn't sure about tank. Never used them and have no idea what's it. Will order as soon as get VVM delivered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread