Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
Who else has tried MV's new Dual Coil Cartomizers? I just got mine earlier today and they perform really well. After a few nasty tasting primer puffs, the flavor greatly improved and the dual coils were churning out clouds of vapor. There is definitely a small break in period. I just hope the remaining cartos in this batch perform as well as the first. So far so good!:evil:

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I have some coming...to my understanding, they need a little breakin time before they really start producing the vapor.

That's true. - What is really impressive about them is how hot you can get them without burning them out or burning the filler. You can really get them cranking. The first couple of draws aren't much different than any other carto, but you can keep going and going and going - and they produce more and hotter vapor each draw. The higher the voltage, the faster they get to that analog-like temperature, so they're well suited for HV even though they are ~1.6 to 1.7 ohms, but they can achieve a lot of heat and vapor output even on a regulated eGo battery (not recommended to use something this low ohms on an ego batt, though)

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
You can totally hear the coils sizzling within a second and they heat up fast. This has to be the loudest carto I've ever heard! I'm making sure that I keep them saturated with liquid. I can only imagine what would happen if you were to dry burn one. I don't know what temperatures the poly-fill can handle. It amazes me how the wicking material in a CE2 can stand up to dry burning or direct contact with a flame. I don't think the filler has that kind of tolerance. So far though, these blow away any of the "regular" cartos that I've tried so far.

MachoKing

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Missouri
I just got mine in yesterday and I'm really liking them. I did notice a few odd things though. They work very well at high voltages but using the red box mod from Madvapes, they only work with trustfire batteries. If you use the ultrafires you'll just get a dim led. I guess it has something to do with the protection circut in the ultrafires. It also made my little sister vv very hot. I've been using them on the madvapes red mod with trustfires and on a Chuck at 6v. They are working pretty well and I'm extremely satisfied.

pixiedust

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2011
Nevada
I love them, I use them on an e-power battery. I've been using the same one since they arrived (about 6 days ago) and it just keeps on going. First time I filled it I thought I would never get done, it holds alot of juice and you have to add it kind of slow at first, but I'm really happy with them. And thanks for the hint about taking the black paper off, I had no idea..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread