• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

E-Cig Ban Proposed in Boston!

Status
Not open for further replies.

upStomp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
North Central Mass

upStomp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
North Central Mass
"“We don’t know what people are inhaling with these e-cigarettes,” said Nikysha Harding, director of tobacco control for the commission."

How about vitamins... We don't know what people are taking with these pills.

and drinks and....

Vitamins are a gateway dietary supplement. Their use could lead youth to eating broccoli and spinach.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
At least Ecigs aren't laced with high fructose corn syrup, sugar, pesticides, or high carcinogens. I'm a little tired of people saying, "We don't know what's in an Ecig." Well, give one to the people at your local crime lab and let them tell you. Sheesh ...

The FDA isn't a good source? They found nothing but the same level of nitrosamines as in nicotine gum.

CASAA.org Ecig lab reports

Last edited:

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
At least Ecigs aren't laced with high fructose corn syrup, sugar, pesticides, or high carcinogens. I'm a little tired of people saying, "We don't know what's in an Ecig." Well, give one to the people at your local crime lab and let them tell you. Sheesh ...

The FDA isn't a good source? They found nothing but the same level of nitrosamines as in nicotine gum.

CASAA.org Ecig lab reports

4000 ingredients, no problem, when do you need report.
4 ingredients, wait a minute, don't know if lab can analyze that.

Red Dog

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Massachusetts
www.facebook.com
Last edited:

Red Dog

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Massachusetts
www.facebook.com
There is also a component that would attempt to ban internet sales (requiring face-to-face transactions). As to how that could possibly be enforced at the local level is beyond me.

It would probably have to rely upon the seller refusing to ship to certain zip codes, much like what is currently done with stun guns, mace, OC, firearms, and some knives and martial arts weapons.

upStomp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
North Central Mass
It would probably have to rely upon the seller refusing to ship to certain zip codes, much like what is currently done with stun guns, mace, OC, firearms, and some knives and martial arts weapons.

Right, but those types of bans are at the state level. Local municipalities don't typically have the resources (or maybe even the legal grounds) to take on out-of-state vendors.

Red Dog

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Massachusetts
www.facebook.com
Right, but those types of bans are at the state level. Local municipalities don't typically have the resources (or maybe even the legal grounds) to take on out-of-state vendors.

True, which means it's probably being done as a prelude to state legislation. I suspect the entire thing is being done for that reason. The state often follows what the BPHC does. That's why I feel it's so vital that we do something now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread