E cig explosion in Texas - guy dies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
batteries exploding are the result of high current, either when charging or discharging. Better quality batteries as well as mods will have circuit protection to minimize problems. S
Things that can go bump in the night…any "regulated" device you've ever dropped, struck or otherwise mistreated.

Stop trashing mechs for God's sake.

The highest regrettable probability in this case is user error (depression of fire button on insertion into the cup holder).

The best safeguard for vapers and the public at large are communities like this one. Precisely what government, commerce and the media attack at every opportunity.

The best tool is not to be one. Rebuild vaping communion.

Good luck. :)
Well said, if it has a battery be careful. Even if a battery explodes in containment on a held device venting may help avoid an explosion but burning and pain is still present.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Every time my regulated mod tells me my atomizer is shorted I'm glad I had prior warning before I put it in my pocket. That happens to all of us at one time or another. It's infrequent, but commonly caused when the top plate ring on the top of the 510 connection gets screwed down into the 510 socket and the atomizer pushes the 510 pin to far into the spring loaded part. The 510 pin that's too far into the socket takes on an angle that allows a short to the grounded part. That's only happened a couple of times on specific mods. One was a DNA75.

Mechs probably have higher quality 510 connections from necessity. There's no electronic safety and no forgiveness when it happens there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread