Status
Not open for further replies.

zahzoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2013
AR, USA
www.myretrolounge.com
I'm curious if anybody has ever been fined for vaping on a plane..

I suppose what you say/do after getting caught would play a role in it..

Playing dumb/unaware and/or being polite & apologetic would probably go a long way, depending on the situation...

Only stats I could find and they are for smoking only covered 2005-2010... the FAA brought 696 cases against people caught smoking on planes. For something that's been totally illegal for about 25 years... that's still a lot of people. Avg fines.. between $2000-3000.

jp_cfc09

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
lost
Common courtesy of what -- not sticking something in your mouth?

It's very possible to exhale zero vapor (even with 100% VG) when using the double-inhale method & holding it in for 10 seconds... In fact, I did it just now, in direct sunlight..

Again, not saying everybody should be vaping on the plane or in an airport, since there are potential consequences.. But should one decide to, it is quite possible to do so without any repercussions, as well

Risk & reward... :)

in regard to not being fined and having it plasted all over the media makeing vapers look bad. its there plane and they can choose to the rules as they like, no ones forceing you to fly are they. if I tell a smoker I dont smoke inside to go outside but they decide screw this and go smoke in my bathroom ill tell you this, i wouldnt be one bit amused and neither would they once im done. if people cant restrict themselfs after being told something isnt allowed it just makes matter worse really.

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
in regard to not being fined and having it plasted all over the media makeing vapers look bad. its there plane and they can choose to the rules as they like, no ones forceing you to fly are they. if I tell a smoker I dont smoke inside to go outside but they decide screw this and go smoke in my bathroom ill tell you this, i wouldnt be one bit amused and neither would they once im done. if people cant restrict themselfs after being told something isnt allowed it just makes matter worse really.

Well, I guess anything is possible..

Like a drunk crazy guy who's having a bad day, blowing clouds until a flight attendant tells him it's not allowed & to put it away.. but instead of complying, he escalates the situation and starts yelling & swearing, something about vapers' rights & 9/11 & aliens.. "What do you think this is, a bomb or something!?" he yells sarcastically.. "Okay, fine.. it's a bomb.. Yeah, look everybody, I've got a bomb!" and then has to be physically restrained & the flight diverted..

Yeah, I could see how that would make the news & make vapers look bad.. ;)

But again, if one does decide to risk it, and does on the off-chance get caught, what you say/do afterwards can make all the difference...

Robdob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
Colorado, via NH
FYI,

I went to the restroom on an Air France Flight on an airbus A380 and the vapor made the smoke detector go off. They asked me if I was was smoking and I said no and they smelled it and agreed with me (Probably smelled sweet) but just be careful. I was scared and got a way with it but keep the vapor from the detector and you should be good. Just putting the info out there for everyone, it could have been very bad for me and I was lucky. I did go back to the rest room and blew the vapor towards the ground with no further issues. I assume it detects O2 levels not smoke so be smart. This was a 11 hr flight and I vaped in my seat and restroom with just the one incident. It would be nearly impossible to prove I was vaping but this could have made this a PITA for my travel.

Thanks for the info, ixconv91. I appreciate you posting this.

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Well, I guess anything is possible..

Like a drunk crazy guy who's having a bad day, blowing clouds until a flight attendant tells him it's not allowed & to put it away.. but instead of complying, he escalates the situation and starts yelling & swearing, something about vapers' rights & 9/11 & aliens.. "What do you think this is, a bomb or something!?" he yells sarcastically.. "Okay, fine.. it's a bomb.. Yeah, look everybody, I've got a bomb!" and then has to be physically restrained & the flight diverted..

Yeah, I could see how that would make the news & make vapers look bad.. ;)

But again, if one does decide to risk it, and does on the off-chance get caught, what you say/do afterwards can make all the difference...

That sounds as if he would be spending more than a little time with Bubba in the federal pen. I can see it now, Bubba says; "You want to be the husband or the wife.?"......OOPS!

Last edited:

CKCalmer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2014
My mancave
I was just looking at my Halo G6 alongside a ballpoint pen lying on my desk. And an idea occurred to me for an ultimate stealth device. I'm sure it's completely unoriginal. Someone HAS to have thought of this one before me.

Disclaimer: The device described herein is only intended to prevent public harassment of vapers in places where vaping is within the rules. This is NOT intended to promote improper behavior in any way.

OK, needless to say, you'll need to use an automatic battery. Pop the light off the end of the G6 and affix a working ink supply and ballpoint delivery assembly. It could be a couple of inches long and still provide a respectable amount of ink. It won't complete with a normal pen in ink duration, but it could surely write at least half a mile before running out.

Mount the writing assembly to the de-lighted end of the G6. A discreet grip cylinder could be rolled into place to cover the threshold. Fashion a plastic cover to completely conceal the mouthpiece - one that could be easily removed with your teeth, but not by accident. And finally, a pocket clip bonded to the side of the cartomizer makes it complete.

Now you could sit any place where writing instruments are allowed (along with vaping, or course), with a book, PC or paper notepad in front of you, holding the clip-end of your pen nervously in your mouth. You know, like millions of other people do. Oops, the top piece came off in my mouth. Slow inhale, a topping inhale, slow exhale. Even if you're not using it to write, people hold pens in their hand and mouth all the time while using their computer, reading a novel, etc.

And if anyone accuses you of vaping, happily show them everything you're holding. It can be scrutinized quite closely, in fact. "Looks like an old Cross matte black variety with a rubber grip thingy added to it. Mmmm, nice grippy feel to the barrel. Pocket clip, top end sealed. It writes. Mmmm, nice line. Yep. It's a pen. Have a nice day sir."

Last edited:

Singaw

May 21, 2014
ComVal, Philippines
I fly a crazy amount and have never had a problem vaping during flights. I've found that a ego battery and mini RDA using 80pg/20vg works ok with practically no vapor when doing a lung hit and holding it. When done discreetly I've never had even the slightest problem from airline staff or other passengers. It is far from an enjoyable vape but does ward off the nic demons.

JaRod

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2014
Delray Beach FL
I use a Protank mini when traveling and yes, I've vaped in airplanes lavatories with no problems whatsoever, granted I keep the vapor away from the smoke detector, and I am as discreet as possible, I also wait 1 minute or so after the last puff for the vapor to dissipate anyway whatever smell I left behind cant be worse that what a public restroom smell like, if you know what I mean. Most smoke detectors that sense CO2 wont be set off by vapor, only optical sensors will be activated by vapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread