• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

E-Cig & PCC in cabin luggage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snipper

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Adelaide
That is pretty long-haul.... did you vape on-board?

Used to love Singapore airport for its smoking rooms - but I guess I'll stay far away from them on my next layovers.

Nope did not vape openly, I sneaked a few in here and there at my seat though. Great thing about ecigs is you can take 10 puff in a airline toilet when nature calls and the person who walks straight in after you does not smell a thing :)

MrDismal

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Australia, Melbourne
Wow.. those Singapore smoking rooms are hectic, as soon as you get off the plane and into one of those, mix that with the heat and you pass out, pretty much like my dad haha. Sheesh that was scary.

Anyway, I'm heading off to the states soon, any ideas of what the best way to carry the ecig in? hand luggage or other?

Snipper

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Adelaide
Wow.. those Singapore smoking rooms are hectic, as soon as you get off the plane and into one of those, mix that with the heat and you pass out, pretty much like my dad haha. Sheesh that was scary.

Anyway, I'm heading off to the states soon, any ideas of what the best way to carry the ecig in? hand luggage or other?

This is what I read in another forum somewhere...so posting for your info
Regards Snipper

TSA and Ecigs
Can I bring my eliquid with me on the aircraft?

Yes you can with no problems as long as it is in a container that was commercially labelled at 3.4 ounces (100ml) or less or the container obviously could not hold more than that (I.E. the little bottles that come with most orders). Just please put it in a quart size clear plastic bag with your other liquids. If you do not have any you can ask someone when you get to the TSA checkpoint and they should be able to give you a ziplock bag.

Are there any problems with bringing my PV through TSA checkpoints?

None. They are not a prohibited item in any way shape or form. Though they do look rather ominous on the xray screen the most you will ever have to go through is to answer a couple of questions about what the device is as they go through your bag to see the item and/or run a test on the bag. If you want to completely avoid any interaction with the TSA officers I would suggest separating the battery from the atomizer and run it through the x-ray with your keys and other metal objects in your wallet. Keep in mind this does not hide it so they may stop the x-ray to take a look at it but it is not in a bag and therefore can just look in the container to see what it is.

What about my Silver Bullet, Prodigy,Mako,etc?

Same as above. I think you may have less issue with those because the batteries would show up as batteries and not how the standard ecig shows on the x-ray but just like I said above if you want to avoid talking to an officer then separate the atomizer and run the whole thing separate from your bags.

I have a container of eliquid that is larger than 100ml what should I do with that?

Wrap it up tightly and very securely and put it in your checked bags. After seeing the bag room at MCO and how the equipment treats bags I would steer away from putting it in any case that relies on latches to close. The latches fail way more often than zippers do when they get hit by the "kickers". They are not called "kickers" because they gently nudge your bag, I have seen quite a few bags with latches get knocked and burst open spewing unmentionables all across the baggage area so please keep that in mind. That's also why you should never over stuff your suitcase.

What about my PCC? would that cause a problem?

Nope, none at all. It is nothing more than a battery box with some storage in it after all. I have not seen one on x-ray but I doubt it would look too bad.

Thanks 13ways... An officer with TSA and works at the Orlando International Airport (MCO)

dartman

Sep 1, 2010
Melbourne
Never taken a PCC anywhere as I don't own one but I took my 510 and spare battery on board a flight from Melbourne to Christchurch (NZ) with no issues at either end. The security screen guys didn't stop me or check me either.

I did have a few cheeky puffs on the flight and no-one noticed.
I have not had the terrorist bomb-check since I began vaping. Does anyone know of any issues? Will the e-liquid set off the bomb sniffer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread