E-cig vendors in Turkey are under pressure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heathrow

Oct 17, 2016
First of all, there may be mistakes, in this message.
E-cig is prohibited here. It's sold informal.
Why is it prohibited? Because the goverment collects enormous tax from the cigarette.
There is a local forum about e-cig here. I guess it's the only one.
There are suppliers in this local forum, just like ECF.
Today, all of them shut down their web sites. They're waiting for something: Operation...
They're worried and they act cautious.
We don't know where to get liquid...
Some of us transferred money before getting the product and can't communicate to the supplier... (These suppliers are members of the forum for years, so there won't be a problem about delivering the products, but it may take time)
So what do you think?

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
This is what happens when a greedy government meets an uneducated/brainwashed population.
And really, it is happening all over the world to varying degrees.

The only real difference is the rate of speed at which it is happening...
And the viability of being able to turn the tide at some point in the future.

So many factors involved, and so much money in play.
It's one of the craziest things I've ever seen.

I'm truly sorry you have this to deal with now.
As if quitting smoking wasn't hard enough.
:(

Last edited:
Reactions: heathrow

heathrow

Oct 17, 2016
do you know what happens if i change my facebook status to "erdogan is a fascist dictator"? some of my facebook friends will denounce me and maybe i will be imprisoned.
This is what happens when a greedy government meets an uneducated and brainwashed population. And really, it is happening all over the world to varying degrees. The only real difference is the rate of speed at which it is happening, and the viability of being able to turn the tide at some point in the future. So many factors involved, and so much money in play. It's one of the craziest things I've ever seen.

I'm truly sorry you have this to deal with now.
As if quitting smoking wasn't hard enough.
:(
thank you for your sensitive message.
do you know what happens if i change my facebook status to "erdogan is a fascist dictator"? some of my facebook friends will denounce me and maybe i will be imprisoned.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Well, if he truly is a fascist dictator, then perhaps you may actually be imprisoned.
I'm not sure it's worth going through that effort to prove you're right though.
:)

Reactions: heathrow

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
i mean we(the opponents) are all under pressure :)

That's true in a lot of parts of the world. It means you have some difficult choices to make. Keep your head down and be relatively safe, or speak out and put yourself in jeopardy. I'm glad I don't have to make those choices.

Might be worth finding out about TOR. Could make internet activity a little safer, for vaping products or whatever.

Good luck.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
First of all, there may be mistakes, in this message.
E-cig is prohibited here. It's sold informal.
Why is it prohibited? Because the goverment collects enormous tax from the cigarette.
There is a local forum about e-cig here. I guess it's the only one.
There are suppliers in this local forum, just like ECF.
Today, all of them shut down their web sites. They're waiting for something: Operation...
They're worried and they act cautious.
We don't know where to get liquid...
Some of us transferred money before getting the product and can't communicate to the supplier... (These suppliers are members of the forum for years, so there won't be a problem about delivering the products, but it may take time)
So what do you think?
If it's any consolation things are about the same in the US but may be progressing a little slower. The US and Turkey are tobacco producers and have a lot of smokers and the tax money is extremely important to both. The beneficiaries of that money are probably just as ruthless in the US as in Turkey. There are some differences. For instance, in American jails the guards won't beat you up. That job is given to inmates. Whether it's America or Turkey the advice is the same, stock up.

Reactions: DC2

TarekElsakka

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2016
It's also an informal market here in Egypt as well where people like us import the stuff and sell them either through Facebook, websites, coffeeshops, smoking supplies stores, etc. The government hasn't really shutdown any websites yet, but the majority of people use Facebook pages as a market for vaping anyway and I doubt they can ban or delete a Facebook page.

With the current shortage in foreign currencies and the devaluation of the Egyptian pound, it's getting harder and harder to buy any sort of hardware for the vape, with the exception of liquids because luckily 90% of the ones sold here are DIY made by locals since the price of imported ones already sky rocketed to more than 23 USD per 30ml.

So yes, I feel your pain because even though liquids are available, I rarely find replacement coils for my tank and I cannot afford another tank with a rebuildable coil at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread