E-Cigarettes Banned on Domestic Flights, Reports ASH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mingolvr

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Davie, FL
I've stealth vaped on 7 flights. NEVER had a problem with TSA, never had a question sitting at the gates, never had a problem on the flights.

I turn that little blower thing over my head wide open and have it point right down on my face. I take my vapes and hold them. Looks like I'm sucking on a pen. NEVER had a problem. Even when sitting next to total strangers.

One suggestion I have is buy an e-cig that looks like a pen. Get a bright pink or blue one, or a red one....anything but the "looks like a real cigarette" type, or a fancy mod for flying. If they don't see what you actually have, they can't ban it, take it away or refuse to let you use it, unless you make a big deal about using it, blow vape up into the air, or wave it about.

Sandybeach40

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2010
Colorado
2 months straight vaping and I haven't had any side effects other than a sore throat and that hasn't happened to me since I started vaping low nic from ELP. Since I quit smoking I feel better than I have in my whole life. I started smoking when I was 13 and I'm now 30. I cant really remember ever not smoking so for me this device has not only changed my life but it has given me a chance at a new life. If they make this illegal I will try not to go back to analogs but I don't know if I can.

BengalBacker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2009
Dayton Ohio
I had security question my eGos and H-16s at the Cincinnati airport. He just didn't know what it was. He had never heard of e-cigarettes. He took it back to a couple of other security guys who knew about ecigs and they let them go through. Funny thing is, I also had a GGTS in there that they didn't question at all. If anything looks like it could be a bomb, it's the GGTS.

Jammin

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Washington DC
I didn't need to smoke analogs on a plane, I think i'll live if I can't vape until I get off the flight.

This doesn't seem like a biggy to me.

I would be upset if they didn't let me take it with me in my bags....but I don't find it a problem to not vape on the plane. I actually never vape anyway in places cigs are banned anyway...but then again I was never bothered not being able to smoke analogs in certain places either.

I would be very cooperative if the security agent didn't know what it was and looked it over and asked questions though because they are still widely unknown. I think that is a good thing because if it was something that could be concealing a weapon or if someone had something dangerous that looked like an e cig, I'd want them checking it out for everyone's safety.

Last edited:

Jammin

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Washington DC
I've never heard a single instance of carry-on problems with electronic cigarettes.
And that includes airports all around the world.

I have taken mine on four flights and never had any problems at all.
I take them apart and put them in the bin with my shoes, and they are in plain sight.

I think the main thing people should think about is what they are going to do once they are on the plane.
Vaping out in the open is a very bad thing on a plane, and many airlines are starting to say you can't vape onboard.

This makes perfect sense, but it doesn't stop me from stealth vaping.
And that is what is needed, if you MUST vape while in flight.

If we get too out of control with trying to vape in flight out in the open, we will get smashed.
And then TSA might start doing something, where they aren't right now.

agreed. I just don't think on an airplane is the right place to make a stink about not being able to vape. If you need it badly, stealth is the way to go. If too many people cause a scene they might ban even being able to board with them.

o4_srt

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Lancaster, PA
Jammin, you obviously never had to contend with flights to places like Australia, Singapore or Hong Kong. If I only knew then what I know now those flights would have been much less stressful.

if you can't wait a few hours for nicotine, a half bottle of nyquil does the trick. Worked beautifully on the flights to and from kuwait (12 hours or so).

Stealth vaping is fine, but when it could be considered a flight risk, or any type of security concern (in the eyes of ignorant passengers/flight attendants), best to play it safe.

Sent from my MSM using Tapatalk

bones1274

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
florida
For those that ask why they are trying to ban e-cigs and not analogs due to the chemicals/toxins, it is because analogs have the crap taxed out of them. If the govt banned analogs, they would loose billions each year in revenue. Why do you think Obama added a huge tax to analogs after he took office? More money for his agenda. As for vaping while flying, I do it every time I fly, but then again I dont fly commercial. Sometimes being a flight crew on a non commercial flight has its advantages.

Jammin

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Washington DC
Jammin, you obviously never had to contend with flights to places like Australia, Singapore or Hong Kong. If I only knew then what I know now those flights would have been much less stressful.

Well to me its like this - if I never started the E-Cig and was still on analogs, I'd have to endure that long flight smokeless then as well...so I just would do the same now. The one thing I wanted to ensure was that i didn't smoke MORE with the ECig than i did prior to analogs, but that is just a personal decision.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread