E-cigarettes can be key weapon against smoking, say UK politicians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard-D

Jan 23, 2017
London, UK
E-cigarette rules should be relaxed, say MPs

"Rules around e-cigarettes should be relaxed so they can be more widely used and accepted in society, says a report by a committee of MPs [members of parliament]."
Source: BBC News website

Note that there is a section below the news story for comments, available to people who have registered with the BBC News website.

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Norman Lamb, chairman of the science and technology committee, said: "Current policy and regulations do not sufficiently reflect this and businesses, transport providers and public places should stop viewing conventional and e-cigarettes as one and the same.

"There is no public health rationale for doing so," he said.
I think this is important. Lots of people got interested in vaping and decided to try it back when it was OK to vape in places where it wasn't OK to smoke. But that incentive has largely been removed now.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think the vape anywhere incentive is huge, honestly. Although I also think that many smokers dual used under that circumstance, where they could vape a their desks, and smoke other places.

However, that doesn't also mean that dual use can't and often won't turn into vaping only, a lot of folks started in that place and switched. I also think that if there isn't demonstrable harm to others, there is no reason not to, especially if alone. We had an entire office like that where we all politely ignored each other's vaping, other than making the quick rounds if an HR person was on their way.

It's also (unless under very specific circumstances) not really going to be harmful to others, although I do think that I asked every single time with a client unless they were already clinging to a vape at which point I told them, "You are welcome to use that in my office."

It's too late though the Mothers are involved, I expect to see MAVV (mother's against vaping, violently) stickers any day now. Etc.

Also, a lot of people think smoking and vaping is "fun" and shouldn't be permitted for moral reasons.

Vaping can be a LOT of fun, but having to deal with hours and hours vape free due to some folks desire to like, think that it's the equivalent of an alcoholic beverage or something, which it isn't. I'd love to see what happened if all the non vapers were told "You can only drink coffee off the property now, some people find it offensive."

Anna

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
S5ArxTY.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread