• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

E-ciggs on trial...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redd

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
Central WI
I'm on a 5 day business trip, and my first night on the road proved poor for the e-cig clan in WI.

I'm in Green Bay tonight, and I was just at Mackinaws for dinner and they are SOOO not e-cig friendly. Since the ban went into place, they have been cited 5 times for e-cigs, (so the manger Dave says) and hence they relegate them too to the outdoor smoking area.

So...instead of fighting, they cave to the ANTI group. It "looks" like smoke so it's BAD.

Well I won't eat there again.

Now on to see what happens in Cleveland at the Marriott Airport. I'll spend 3 nights there. They have a 100% smoke free policy. I called ahead and asked if they were E-cig friendly, and they said in my room it's ok, but not in public. Maybe and education session would help, and if I can find the time I'll try. But it's a business trip so I'm obligated to the work schedule.

So here I sit in a dank Super 8 in my room vaping away till I go to bed.

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
I'm on a 5 day business trip, and my first night on the road proved poor for the e-cig clan in WI.

I'm in Green Bay tonight, and I was just at Mackinaws for dinner and they are SOOO not e-cig friendly. Since the ban went into place, they have been cited 5 times for e-cigs, (so the manger Dave says) and hence they relegate them too to the outdoor smoking area.

So...instead of fighting, they cave to the ANTI group. It "looks" like smoke so it's BAD.

Well I won't eat there again.

Now on to see what happens in Cleveland at the Marriott Airport. I'll spend 3 nights there. They have a 100% smoke free policy. I called ahead and asked if they were E-cig friendly, and they said in my room it's ok, but not in public. Maybe and education session would help, and if I can find the time I'll try. But it's a business trip so I'm obligated to the work schedule.

So here I sit in a dank Super 8 in my room vaping away till I go to bed.

Thanks for the report, Redd. Hope you have a safe trip. At least you can vape in your room!

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
I find sometimes its easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. In the year-plus I've been vaping, I've only been told I 'can't smoke in here' once - and once I explained what I WAS doing, they were cool with it.

You can always stealth vape - take a regular drag, hold it, and then before exhaling, take another breath of regular air. Once you exhale all that - no vapor.

Let 'em tell you then that it 'looks like smoking...'

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I find sometimes its easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. In the year-plus I've been vaping, I've only been told I 'can't smoke in here' once - and once I explained what I WAS doing, they were cool with it.

You can always stealth vape - take a regular drag, hold it, and then before exhaling, take another breath of regular air. Once you exhale all that - no vapor.

Let 'em tell you then that it 'looks like smoking...'

That's what's so funny about them even thinking about banning e-cig use in public. A true vapor (or would it be 'vaper'?) knows how to take a hit and not leave a trail ;)

What I don't understand is if the namby pamby tattle squad can't smell it (unless we've got the Essense chocolate going LOL), WTH are they so bent out of shape with it?

Guess it's true; some people just wake up in the morning wanting to find a reason to p$$ and moan......

THX for the heads up, Redd!!

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
It could re-introduce the 'smoking culture' which would throw a major monkey-wrench in the works for making smokers into proto-humans who can't think beyond their next 'fix.'

Can't you feel it? Tobacco Prohibition is coming. The only way you'll be able to get a nic fix is through our pals at Big Pharma, because they've got their eyes on locking down the nicotine market. They'll be the only ones allowed to sell the drug to the junkie.

Legalized addictive OTC drugs - think about the profit margins!!!

Yes, I realize I sound like a conspiracy theorist here, but if you look at all the available information - it points in that exact direction.

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Is THAT what happened to my car door? Damnit, Harmony - dream softer next time!

Actually, I think it means you need to cut down on your nic intake at night :D

I don't remember too much about my dreams lately, since the doc hooked me up to a CPAP to sleep at nights, I SLEEP - instead of waking up at every little thing, so I don't remember my dreams anymore. Damn shame, that, because I used to have great short-story material from the twisted images that came from my subconcious.

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
Is THAT what happened to my car door? Damnit, Harmony - dream softer next time!

Actually, I think it means you need to cut down on your nic intake at night :D

I don't remember too much about my dreams lately, since the doc hooked me up to a CPAP to sleep at nights, I SLEEP - instead of waking up at every little thing, so I don't remember my dreams anymore. Damn shame, that, because I used to have great short-story material from the twisted images that came from my subconcious.

I'll try to dream softer,, lol. I have some weird dreams, I do. I had another one were I was tending bar, at an amusement park and I sold a Gin Fizz to this kid, and it turned out the kid was there with Michelle Obama. I woke up before they could tar and feather me. lol

It's gotta be the nic levels,,, :vapor:

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
I call BS. Why would they be "cited for e-cigs" when e-cigs are legal indoors in the state of Wisconsin.

Furthermore, it takes more than just a snitch to get a citation. Once it's been reported a few times, THEN someone goes out to see if it's a fact and ONLY if they catch someone in the act will they issue a citation.

That guy was full of crap.

Redd

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
Central WI
I'm back and able to update...SUCCESS at the Marriott Airport hotel in Cleveland OH.

Except for during the training sessions, I vaped openly. Even in the Bar and the Lobby and not a word was said to me by a single staff member. I WAS however asked if this was "one of those fake smoke" things. Too busy for an education, but I think calling ahead made then study up some and that is why I was allowed without a single issue.

Kudos to the Marriott!!!!!

Kristin, I too think he was handing me a line of BS, but it was the only place in walking distance for a nice meal and a drink, and I didn't want to be kicked out.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I just had to jump in about the strange dreams....
I still remember to this day the strange, life like dreams I had when I tried the patch --back when you could only get them via perscription.
We're talking aircraft fuelers "waking" me in my sleep to see if they wanted an extra thousand on the fuel....they were all business....I was thinking "don't they see me in sleeping in my bed?"

Back on topic -

Redd -- when you called to make your reservation, did you ask if they allowed vaping, before you even arrived?

Redd

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
Central WI
My company made the reservations, but yes I called ahead of time to inquire about the 100% no smoking policy. I asked if they were e-cigg friendly, explained what they were and how they worked in a very abbreviated fashion and they said they didn't see an issue with it as long as I confined it to my room. Well obviously I didn't confine it to the room, and there wasn't a single problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread