E-Cigs banned at Day of the Dead music fest!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tferguson

Jul 24, 2011
San Diego, CA
Last weekend I attended the Hardfest Day of the Dead music festival in Los Angeles. At the entrance I was asked to empty my pockets and submit to a thorough search. I was carrying 2 ego bats with protank minis and was told that cigarettes were allowed in but that e-cigs were banned. I was told that it was because people were using similar devices with illegal substances. This should not stand! Please join me in letting the promoters know that there is a difference between devices used for illicit substances and devices used for e-liquid. We cannot allow ourselves to be assumed to be doing something illegal while using e-cigs so lets speak up! The promoters can be contacted by email at feedback@hardfest.com, on facebook at facebook.com/hardfest, and on twitter at twitter.com/hardfest.

tferguson

Jul 24, 2011
San Diego, CA
This is a copy of the email i sent to the feedback page

I attended the hardfest 2013 day of the dead festival and I was very disappointed to find out that e-cigs were banned. I understand the need to try to keep illegal substances out of these events, but e-cigs are not illegal and easily distinguishable from devices used for things other than nicotine liquid. I urge you to please reconsider banning these devices and to educate security about the differences between illegal devices and legal ones. E-cigs have helped a lot of people quit smoking cigarettes and produce a vapor far less offensive than the smoke from a cigarette. I really enjoyed the show, but I really missed my e-cig and I will not go back to cigarettes no matter what. I would love to attend the next hardfest, but unless e-cigs are allowed I might have to skip it, not just because I would miss my e-cig, but because I will not tolerate being accused of illegal activity for using a legal less harmful alternative to cigarettes. Thank you for reading.

I'm really hoping they get a lot of these. I bet at least a few other forum members were there and probably experienced the same treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread