E-cigs cures insomnia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ritalee76

ECF Veteran
At least for me!!!

I have suffered from "slow-to-sleep" insomnia for at least 15 years...

I would lay down to sleep and it would take anywhere from 1 hour to 6 hours to be able to actually fall asleep... Sometimes awake until the sun comes up before I can doze off....

Then, waking up in the morning was HELL... Sleeping through the alarm. Being groggy beyond belief for the first 5 hours of the day. Using energy drinks like they were going out of style...

Now, I fall asleep within 15 minutes of laying down! I wake up BEFORE the alarm clock. I feel great!

It may seem like no big deal but I have struggled with going to sleep and waking up on time for so long that its like a miracle for me! I have been late for work because of oversleeping... my boss looking at me like I went out and drank too much the night before but instead, I go to bed on time just to lay there wide awake for hours on end... Would take Tylenol PM just to fall asleep if I had to be at work early for a meeting... Then feel like crap the next day because I felt hungover...

I don't know if it was something in all those Marlboros that was keeping me awake or if there is something in the e-cig helping me sleep but whatever it is, I am SO thankful!

My boyfriend used to have to pry me out of bed in the mornings... Now I am awake before he is!!!

He says I sleep more soundly now. Apparently I used to cough and couldn't breathe well whilst sleeping. I am not overweight (5'6" 125lbs) so it HAD to be that two pack a day habit...

Anywayz...

Thanks to e-cigs, I have been awake for two hours now and its only 8:30 in the am... Usually would be cursing my boyfriend for waking me up!

Amen!

Rita

digitalmechanic

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
At least for me!!!

I would lay down to sleep and it would take anywhere from 1 hour to 6 hours to be able to actually fall asleep... Sometimes awake until the sun comes up before I can doze off....

Then, waking up in the morning was HELL... Sleeping through the alarm. Being groggy beyond belief for the first 5 hours of the day. Using energy drinks like they were going out of style...

Now, I fall asleep within 15 minutes of laying down! I wake up BEFORE the alarm clock. I feel great!

It may seem like no big deal but I have struggled with going to sleep and waking up on time for so long that its like a miracle for me! I have been late for work because of oversleeping... my boss looking at me like I went out and drank too much the night before but instead, I go to bed on time just to lay there wide awake for hours on end... Would take Tylenol PM just to fall asleep if I had to be at work early for a meeting... Then feel like crap the next day because I felt hungover...

I don't know if it was something in all those Marlboros that was keeping me awake or if there is something in the e-cig helping me sleep but whatever it is, I am SO thankful!

My boyfriend used to have to pry me out of bed in the mornings... Now I am awake before he is!!!

He says I sleep more soundly now. Apparently I used to cough and couldn't breathe well whilst sleeping. I am not overweight (5'6" 125lbs) so it HAD to be that two pack a day habit...

Anywayz...

Thanks to e-cigs, I have been awake for two hours now and its only 8:30 in the am... Usually would be cursing my boyfriend for waking me up!

Amen!

Rita

I've haven't smoked an analog going on six weeks now, and experiencing the exact opposite. I would wake up at the .... crack of dawn without an alarm. After switching I can't barely stay awake, which is already a problem for me anyways. When using analogs I would also be taking 200mg of provigil a day, 100mg in the morning and at noon. Now to even get remotely usable 200mg + double shot espresso (the caffeine jolt helps compensates for headache associated with provigil) and 100mg maintenance at noon.

I suspect that my body is "adjusting", just how long with this last tho?

Alain59

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Montreal Quebec Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritalee76 View Post
At least for me!!!

Similar story here ..... except i have been using the e-cig a little more than 2 days and still smoking an analog about every 4 to 6 hours , which is pretty good in my case , compared to the 25 and up , and i fall asleep easily for the past 2 days and wake up early and not as tired as before.... hope to graduate to Digital completely soon :D and as Kate said when stopping smoking the usual effect is being tired all the time , i tried before and would fall asleep everywhere and was always tired and sore all over , that is one of the reasons that i failed to quit in the past .... oh yeah also even though i have not been vaping long i did notice the analogs are starting to taste real bad ......... :p

BiscuitSlayer

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2008
Acworth, GA
ritalee76 -

I never had too much of a problem getting to sleep like you did, but I know I am sleeping better now. I suspect that it is probably because I am not coughing myself awake. The best sleep that I can remember is when I tried to quit alltogether a few years ago for 10 months. I felt fantastic during that time period.

Are you still using energy drinks like they are going out of style? Might be another reason why you are sleeping better. :)

digitalmechanic

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
Quote:
oh yeah also even though i have not been vaping long i did notice the analogs are starting to taste real bad ......... :p

we're all veterans in that we recognize the benefits of quitting analogs, but this time around i've noticed some new things (not sure if it's really new or if the fact i'm not stressing like i would have if i quit cold turkey)...

* seem to be healing faster (good)
* fingertips are no longer "stained", was brown before, now a light yellow
* cuticles are irritated and peeling (bad)
* waking up on the computer, actually DOING stuff on it. I use to do this as a kid before i smoked. It was one of the main sources of conflict with my parents as they were under the impression I was staying up all night.
* hunger has decreased significantly (good), to the point i forget to eat. (bad) and eating causes me to ZzzZZzzzzzzZZzzz hardcore.

Alain59

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Montreal Quebec Canada
we're all veterans in that we recognize the benefits of quitting analogs, but this time around i've noticed some new things (not sure if it's really new or if the fact i'm not stressing like i would have if i quit cold turkey)...

* seem to be healing faster (good)
* fingertips are no longer "stained", was brown before, now a light yellow
* cuticles are irritated and peeling (bad)
* waking up on the computer, actually DOING stuff on it. I use to do this as a kid before i smoked. It was one of the main sources of conflict with my parents as they were under the impression I was staying up all night.
* hunger has decreased significantly (good), to the point i forget to eat. (bad) and eating causes me to ZzzZZzzzzzzZZzzz hardcore.

Hummm now that you mentioned it , i do notice i am not as stressed as before when i tried to quit ( a real Capital P )..... also i too noticed dryness around my hands but also they are less cold... and definitely falling like a rock now ! I am trying to see if anyone has vg juice in canada as i read Spikey's comment about intolerence to Pg which i seem to have (might be your case too) just to correct my 3 day thing i originaly started 24 Jan with a 51 kit but the 2 bats were defect and the 2 carts were very low did not get more than 20 or so puffs ( got new bats and carts , working great now) thats why i stated 3 days of vaping since i had to wait for them ....

Ah Leaford .... yes this website has had me doing overtime on the net too !! :)

Madisavapor

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2009
UK
I have to agree that its easier to fall asleep and wake up in the morning nowadays, since I started vaping..
I will fall asleep within 5 minutes, and wake up 5 mins before the alarm rings!
And this happens on weekends too!
Other than that, I realized I was drooling a lot more when I started. My wife noticed it too... After a month the drooling stopped

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I have to agree that its easier to fall asleep and wake up in the morning nowadays, since I started vaping..
I will fall asleep within 5 minutes, and wake up 5 mins before the alarm rings!
And this happens on weekends too!
Other than that, I realized I was drooling a lot more when I started. My wife noticed it too... After a month the drooling stopped

Mad--I too noticed I fall asleep within 5 minutes with vaping. God only knows what is in those damn analogs, but I do not have to worry about that with Vaping!!!!!! Sweet dreams All--Sun:)

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
Unfortunately my insomnia has got a lot worse since I stopped smoking completely. My hunch is that overall nicotine intake has increased and that isn't helping. It is a stimulant after all. So, I've recently started using zero nicotine juice in the evenings, with the occasional puff of one containing nicotine if needed, and that seems to be improving things. I've also tried to stop having anything containing caffeine after about mid day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread