E-cigs, take 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duderino

Feb 12, 2011
Michigan
Hello friends!
A couple of years ago I purchased a starter kit (classic VK) along with some blank cartos and juices. I enjoyed vaping, but the hassle of refilling cartos was just too much and the batts didn't last long at all! In the end, I went back to analogs. Well, I'm back baby! Or at least I am hoping to be. I want to stay with V4L because of the amazing customer service they provide, but I need some advice first. I am looking for a batt/carto(tank?) combo that will provide strong vapor production and last all day. Changing out a bunch of cartos and charging batts at work is NOT an option.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

PS - Cartos might work for me, as I have recently realized that there are easier ways to refill than what I was doing in the past. But again, something that'll last all day would be much better.

Thanks all!!

BHam

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
Chicago, IL
www.vapor4life.com
Duderino! Welcome back and I finally "get" your avatar because I have finally seen The Big Lebowski :). That being said, here are my recommendations:

EGO Kit 1:
- 1 EGO Battery
- 1 Mega Cart
- 1 Slim Charger

Like K9luvr alluded to, this battery will get you all day (all work day) battery life. Although it does not include a tank, it comes with a Mega Cart that is a 1.5 ohm dual coil cart, the same one found in tanks. This will give you the same vapor production/throat hit that a tank would but without having to learn tank filling methods. The Mega Cart is filled in a similar fashion to the prefilled cartos, just take the cap off and pour juice in until the polyfill is saturated.

Notes: This kit doesn't come with a bottle of juice but I would recommend trying our 10mL sampler packs if you want to get back into vaping and want a lot of liquids to play around with.

Dial-A-Volt Kit's 1100 or 1300mAh:
- 1 DAV
- 1 Slim Charger

These are our new variable voltage device that have a similar form factor to the EGOs. These have a dial on the bottom for you to adjust the voltage. If you don't know the higher the voltage the more vapor and throat hit will increase. I'd recommend this one if you don't want to step up to tanks immediately but want that same style of hit (large vapor, big throat hit). A WOW or CoolCart at 4.8V is simply amazing (I am saying this since you haven't ruled out cartos just yet :) )

Notes: This kit doesn't come with the tank or cartos or a flavor but leave your options open to try more stuff. It works with all of our 808 carts (except the mega carts without a 808-510 to 510-808 connection).

My last recommendation would be the:

Titan Twinset:
- Titan XL Manual battery
- 6mL tank

I recommend this one because it comes with both a battery and a tank and you'll only need a charger if you can't find one of your old ones. It's in our weekly specials and is a great value (it's essentially buying one Titan battery and getting a tank with it:) )!

Filling tanks takes practice but I have a comprehensive list of directions for you and you can contact me at brandon@vapor4life.com.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Hi Duderino! I second K9's recommendation of V4L's "Ego"-type battery with their mega-cartos (which hold about 3mls of juice). :)

On the V4L website, you'll find the best Ego deal under the "OMG Mods" Category: Vapor4Life EGO Kit with 2 Batteries | Vapor4Life

You really must use one of the newish Slim Line Chargers with either the OMG or the Titan or the Diamond OVK batteries, because of the new and improved technology (in both the batts and the charger). The EGO Kit to which I linked includes one of these chargers in the kit (unlike the Titan Twinset to which BHam linked -- sorry BHam! :oops:) That kit ALSO includes 5 megcartos, so it's a really good deal!

Best of luck with your return to vaping. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much everything has improved from a couple years ago. :)

Last edited:

HarmonyPB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2011
Houston, Texas, USA
www.facebook.com
Welcome back Duderino!

I have to agree with the tanks. Bigger is better if you want less refills, so I suggest going with the 6ml. You will need to buy replacement cartos to go with it.

I also recommend the VV batts, that way you can dial in to whatever voltage works for you. Depending on what size you want and cost you can go with either the OMG VV or DAV.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    Hi Duderino! I second K9's recommendation of V4L's "Ego"-type battery with their mega-cartos (which hold about 3mls of juice). :)

On the V4L website, you'll find the best Ego deal under the "OMG Mods" Category: Vapor4Life EGO Kit with 2 Batteries | Vapor4Life

You really must use one of the newish Slim Line Chargers with either the OMG or the Titan or the Diamond OVK batteries, because of the new and improved technology (in both the batts and the charger). The EGO Kit to which I linked includes one of these chargers in the kit (unlike the Titan Twinset to which BHam linked -- sorry BHam! :oops:) That kit ALSO includes 5 megcartos, so it's a really good deal!

Best of luck with your return to vaping. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much everything has improved from a couple years ago. :)

I agree, the duo ego kit is a great value, all you need is juice and you're ready to go!!!!!!!!!

Duderino

Feb 12, 2011
    Michigan
    Well, my gf bought me a groupon for a starter kit from a different brand of ecig... Premium (Electronic Cigarette & E Cigarette Products by PremiumECigarette.com). The kit includes 2 808 batts, some cartos, charger, etc. Not a bad deal for $25! However, I know I will need more, and I am glad that V4L stuff will work with this kit (most of the stuff, anyway). I am sold on a tank... thinking 3.5ml because I was only about a half-pack a day smoker, and I think that should last me all day. Right now I have a 3.5ml tank, a 30ml bottle of WOW Trad Menthol, and 5 dual-coil replacement cartomizers in my V4L shopping cart waiting to be purchased.

Now the questions: Does anyone know if the Premium-brand batts are any good? Will I need more than 2 batts to go thru a 3.5ml tank? Is the refill process easy with tanks? Can you leave juice in a tank for 2 or 3 days (or more) and not have to worry about the juice going bad?

Thanks all!!

EDIT: The Premium batts appear to be autos. Will this prevent me from using a tank?

Last edited:

HarmonyPB

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 19, 2011
    Houston, Texas, USA
    www.facebook.com
    I've never used that brand do I can't say...but you usually get what you pay for, so keep that in mind.

I would definitely recommend getting more than 2 batts. That way you have backups just in case. If they are regular sized batts and you are going to use the 1.5 ohm DC tank cartos then I imagine you will probably go through them petty quickly, another good reason to get more batts.

As for using tanks with autos...it's not recommended. Only because if you have any juice leak you could kill the batts, yet another reason to purchase more. Although V4L has sealed autos, so you don't have to get manuals unless you really want to. I personally use tanks on my autos, but that's mainly because they are really close to EOL anyway and I'm not too concerned about killing them.

You can leave juice in the tanks without worrying about it going bad. Just keep then out of extreme temps, that will alter the juice.

In short, get more batts and use tanks on your auto batts at your own risk.

HarmonyPB

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 19, 2011
    Houston, Texas, USA
    www.facebook.com
    The tank refill process is relatively easy. Like anything else it takes practice to perfect. But there are some really helpful instructions and videos around that you should take a look at. The main issues are flooding and burning. It's a balancing act. Just make sure you have spare cartos, especially in the beginning.
    Flooded cartos can still be used once fixed, burnt ones cannot.

scott58

ECF Veteran
    Aug 23, 2009
    NorthWest Indiana
    I started with that brand and I have to say my first vape was my last cigarette and for that i'm greatful, but they weren't as cost effective at the time. Didn't sell juice or anything to refill carts and I went to other venders to learn more about vapeing and then found V4L. The batteries worked pretty much like all the shorty auto's i've tried. They did last a long time. I recharged 1 of them for almost 2 years before it finally crapped out. Understand that I was almost a 3 pack a day smoker and I needed 4 batteries to get through an 8hr shift so power is everything. I was so happy the first time I tried a passthru. It solved all those problems. I do have 1 tank that only works with batteries that I use when watching tv on occasion, but I'm a cartomizer kinda guy and always carry 6 with me (they usually last about 2 weeks refilling them). Since you have a coupon go for it. The batteries will work with V4L carts, chargers or anything else that 808D compatable. Good luck.

BHam

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    www.vapor4life.com
    You can leave your juice in the tank for several days but depending on your vaping habits you may not have juice in the tank for that long at all. The Premium Smoke 808 batteries may work however do not expect much battery life from the because I assume the are around 200mAh and weren't designed to work with a tank. Expect less than an hour. I would try using at least a 900mAh battery with a tank like the eGOs or new Dial-A-Volts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread