Status
Not open for further replies.

FireDragon1138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Orlando, Florida
0 nic is not a tobacco product.
Mods and atomizers can be used to vape 0 nic.
Therefore, mods and atomizers are not a tobacco product.

The FDA doesn't, at present, regulate tobacco pipes either, but pipe tobacco now falls under FDA jurisdiction.

I'll rephrase, e-liquid is now a tobacco product.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
The FDA doesn't, at present, regulate tobacco pipes either, but pipe tobacco now falls under FDA jurisdiction.

That, in the most narrow definition of the issue, is really the only thing the FDA can address with regulation - the nicotine or liquids containing nicotine. The idea that you can regulate by intention - that lithium battery is intended to be used in an e-cig but not that same battery when it's used in a flashlight - is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

That is what is proposed for as I understand it to be juice with nic. No actual change has happened yet.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I'm OK with regulation and standards of practice for nicotine liquid production.

Anything else vape related that the FDA tries to regulate should be met with firm opposition. It is not reasonable for them to address electronic devices, nor is it their job.

Join CASAA. Donate. Contribute time for the cause.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I'm OK with regulation and standards of practice for nicotine liquid production.

Anything else vape related that the FDA tries to regulate should be met with firm opposition. It is not reasonable for them to address electronic devices, nor is it their job.

Join CASAA. Donate. Contribute time for the cause.

It's the cost of regulating those liquids that we need to worry about. As I read the regs. every ingredient of every flavor a vendor makes needs to be certified at $1,500.00/ingredient. Doesn't matter if the already FDA approved PG was approved for the last flavor, it needs to be approved again for the next flavor.

glassgal

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 7, 2013
    Central Florida
    www.azenglass.com
    It's the cost of regulating those liquids that we need to worry about. As I read the regs. every ingredient of every flavor a vendor makes needs to be certified at $1,500.00/ingredient. Doesn't matter if the already FDA approved PG was approved for the last flavor, it needs to be approved again for the next flavor.

Nah... both PG and VG are GRAS ('generally recognized as safe') category, so they can be used in anything. It's the nic and the flavors they are going to scrutinize. We know they don't mind pg or vg because these are currently used in asthma inhalers... which have the intention of hitting the lungs.

We technically only have 2 things to be concerned about. There's no way to make nicotine illegal, smoking is legal.

So, we worry about TAXES on nicotine, because cigs are taxed... but there's exceptions already, cigars and pipe tobacco are not taxed like cigarettes.

And whether ONLINE sales is legal (you can't buy cigs online because they bypass state taxes). You can't legally buy cigs online, even if you can buy RYO ingredients online (tobacco and filters).

Last edited:

MikeNice81

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 24, 2014
    NC
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread