E-Juice Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

State Of Zen

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Colorado
I recently had an experience where I attempted to vape a juice right out of the mail and it tore up my throat. It had a VERY strong alcohol smell/taste. I guess my question is, are all juices mixed with alcohol? If so, I may need to either stop vaping or figure out what I did wrong because my throat still hurts nearly 24 hours later. If all juices AREN'T mixed with alcohol, can someone please let me know which vendors DO NOT use it? Thanks in advance, you all rock! :2cool:

Vapeman12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
Georgia
Not had that happen, it must have been a high mix with PG? Do you know what the mixture was? Most of my stuff is all VG its suppose to not have any TH, You should let it steep some, take the cap off, put in a dark cool spot for a week or so, everyday put cap on it and shack it up some then take cap back off. i have some watermelon that is ewww, im letting it steep hope it helps it, never heard of anyone having there throat hurt from it

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Some flavors have alcohol and some don't.
Some juices show up with a "perfume/alcohol" smell to them - those, I let steep - just sit for a couple weeks, spending some time with the tip of the bottle popped off so the alcohol can "breathe out". And USUALLY, the really smelling ones don't make it to my favorites list. I HAVE had one or two where there was a dramatic change after a couple weeks, and then I liked them...

So yes - the throat issue could be PG-related, or it could be juice that just needs to "mellow" with steeping.
Doubt the alcohol caused the pain, but clearly it's not a recipe for you to vape fresh - if at all.

State Of Zen

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Colorado
Not had that happen, it must have been a high mix with PG? Do you know what the mixture was? Most of my stuff is all VG its suppose to not have any TH, You should let it steep some, take the cap off, put in a dark cool spot for a week or so, everyday put cap on it and shack it up some then take cap back off. i have some watermelon that is ewww, im letting it steep hope it helps it, never heard of anyone having there throat hurt from it

It was 65 PG / 35 VG.

State Of Zen

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Colorado
Some flavors have alcohol and some don't.
Some juices show up with a "perfume/alcohol" smell to them - those, I let steep - just sit for a couple weeks, spending some time with the tip of the bottle popped off so the alcohol can "breathe out". And USUALLY, the really smelling ones don't make it to my favorites list. I HAVE had one or two where there was a dramatic change after a couple weeks, and then I liked them...

So yes - the throat issue could be PG-related, or it could be juice that just needs to "mellow" with steeping.
Doubt the alcohol caused the pain, but clearly it's not a recipe for you to vape fresh - if at all.

Indeed. I just threw out the juice and will not be ordering from that vendor again. Furthermore, I decided to go strictly with juices that are less than 10% PG, just in case. Thanks again for the responses. Peace. \m/

jrenae4

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
ES, MD
Indeed. I just threw out the juice and will not be ordering from that vendor again. Furthermore, I decided to go strictly with juices that are less than 10% PG, just in case. Thanks again for the responses. Peace. \m/

I too made this decision and have been much happier :)

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
You threw it out? Could have PIF'ed it. I'm sure there would have been someone that would have wanted it.

I like higher PG because I like the throat hit and 100% VG is just too much vapor for me.

Madison76

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
Columbia, SC
I've had juice that was like glass on the throat right out of the mail that steeped to perfection. It was from a vendor that does NOT use alcohol in the mixing. It can be a flavoring - especially natural extracts that need time to mellow with age/oxygen exposure.

Having said that, some do use bases that can contain alcohol. Not sure which is your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread