E Liquid and prices question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emily2155

Mar 1, 2013
Usa
The real question is do you like JC enough to pay for it. I'm not saying that these other venders don't offer quality, but often you do get what you pay for. If a company produces quality or offers better service, don't take your business to someone else just because they undercut their prices. That's what causes good business to shrink, cut quality or go out of business. Often they are better for a reason.

Sorry if I sound a bit preachy, but this cheaper is better is one of the big things hurting jobs and employment in this country. If a place does a job better or makes a better product, they should not have to sell for the same price as their inferior competitors. We all ask for more if we are better at our jobs then the next person, but we rarely offer to do the same.

I understand that! I won't give up my JC unless I can find something comparable however I am trying to justify my habit as "cheaper than smoking" and I have found that I really like vaping lol! I just don't wan to spend a fortune if I don't have to. When I first bought my ego at the local shop I was told that 1ml was equal to a pack of cigarettes and in wouldn't vape for than a ml a day. I have found I'm vaping 2 plus sometimes. It's still cheaper but If I keep it up ill be smoking 5 Mls a day! Haha!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Allergies and reactions from ingredients in juice are all over the place and there may not be a constant cause for lung complaints among vapers. Some are sensitive to various flavorings. Some people can't vape 100% PG and others do it all day every day. VG is reported to be a factor in coating the lungs and causing an out of breath feeling. PG is reported by some to be an irritant.

What works is trying juices and discovering what works for you. Sample packs are a good way to experiment without spending an arm and a leg. You might try 100% PG for a few days and then do the same with 100% VG. You can also buy juices that are PG or VG with nicotine only and no flavorings. Those taste like plain tobacco. Lots of people vape unflavored juice for that reason. Doing that might reveal whether it's the flavorings or the PG/VG that is causing discomfort.

Half splitting is a good way to rule out causes. If it's PG or VG, you can find out right away if the symptoms subside with one or the other. If not, try unflavored PG and VG. If it's flavorings, then it will go away with unflavored juice of one PG or VG base. If that doesn't work, you might see an allergist. They can painlessly check you for about 80 different things you might be sensitive to by conducting a scratch patch test. They create a matrix on the insides of your lower arms using a marker and then do a scratch test from tiny vials of allergens at each location. If redness occurs in an area or you get a "mosquito bite" reaction, it will correspond to something on the matrix of substances and they can tell you what it is.

I was responsive to two dry dust spore samples and nothing else when I had mine. I'm not one who experiences allergic reactions, but I tend to have a stuffy nose at certain times of the year. The doctor recommended it and the insurance picked it up. At least I know to stay out of dusty areas and vacuum the floor often. :)

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I understand that! I won't give up my JC unless I can find something comparable however I am trying to justify my habit as "cheaper than smoking" and I have found that I really like vaping lol! I just don't wan to spend a fortune if I don't have to. When I first bought my ego at the local shop I was told that 1ml was equal to a pack of cigarettes and in wouldn't vape for than a ml a day. I have found I'm vaping 2 plus sometimes. It's still cheaper but If I keep it up ill be smoking 5 Mls a day! Haha!

Um usually 1ml is not a pack. Create a spreadsheet to track your expenses vs what you normally spend per week on digs, you may surprise yourself.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
China has some high tech juice facilities. Dekang is probably the best. Take a walk through a Dekang eliquid manufacturing facility. I buy 50ml bottles for $10.99 from Madvapes and Hoosiers. It's always good juice, but tastes vary. You can't beat the price for the quantity. I've never had to steep it to wait for it to get better.

Last edited:

Emily2155

Mar 1, 2013
Usa
China has some high tech juice facilities. Dekang is probably the best. Take a walk through a Dekang eliquid manufacturing facility. I buy 50ml bottles for $10.99 from Madvapes and Hoosiers. It's always good juice, but tastes vary. You can't beat the price for the quantity. I've never had to steep it to wait for it to get better.

I am sure some of it is. I don't know why but I just feel more comfortable with it being US made.

Emily2155

Mar 1, 2013
Usa
I'm such an indecisive wimp! I went to both Heather's and Vapor room and couldn't pull the trigger. I like that Heather's uses organic VG and I like the Vaporrooms selection but I couldn't buy VG only at either place in a sample size bottle and 15mls seems like a lot of waste if I don't like it.

In the end I ended up ordering my usual JC Domestic, Vanda, and Swiss dark! Lol. Maybe one day I will get bolder! I wish I knew what flavors would be close to these other places to increase the probability of me liking them.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Since I have no idea what those that you went with are like,.... I will say Heather's has a sweetness to the tobacco. If you like a sweet background (not annoyingly sweet, just enough that compliments the tobacco) I would say Shadow is an awesome starting point.

Heather's has their own forum in the ECF forum here: The HHV Army. There is a top 5 thread that was recently voted on over there. Check it out, stop in and say hi. A lot of nice people willing to help find what you're looking for. There are a few that have probably vaped what your getting or what you've tried. Even if the juice doesn't come from HHV, they will more than willing to help. :)

Emily2155

Mar 1, 2013
Usa
Since I have no idea what those that you went with are like,.... I will say Heather's has a sweetness to the tobacco. If you like a sweet background (not annoyingly sweet, just enough that compliments the tobacco) I would say Shadow is an awesome starting point.

Heather's has their own forum in the ECF forum here: The HHV Army. There is a top 5 thread that was recently voted on over there. Check it out, stop in and say hi. A lot of nice people willing to help find what you're looking for. There are a few that have probably vaped what your getting or what you've tried. Even if the juice doesn't come from HHV, they will more than willing to help. :)

Awesome! Thanks! I'll go check it out. I was a menthol smoker but I haven't found a menthol that I like and have found I really seem to like a sweet tobacco taste which is what the domestic is. Thanks again!

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
I was lucky and got an order in at Alien visions e juice on saturday. Grabbed some Bobas Bounty and Gorilla juice. Only worry is I should have gone full strength on the Nic level instead of 18mg.... Didn't realize that it's much harder for the body to get nic from vapor than smoke. Tried to change the order , but it's totally my fault and a newbie mistake. I will just have to vape a bit longer to satisfy my cravings I guess.

MattF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
Old Greenwich CT
Emily, I also order from JC. Vanda, Rainier and JC original were on my last order. Going to try some of the others when its time to order again. Vanda is my all day and I hit the Rainier and Original for a little bit during the day to break it up a bit. I feel if I was paying 9.50 a pack for smokes, a few extra dollars for juice I really enjoy is worth it. Tried a bunch of samples from a bunch of different vendors. Found a few here and there I like, but always end up reordering from JC :)

Emily2155

Mar 1, 2013
Usa
Emily, I also order from JC. Vanda, Rainier and JC original were on my last order. Going to try some of the others when its time to order again. Vanda is my all day and I hit the Rainier and Original for a little bit during the day to break it up a bit. I feel if I was paying 9.50 a pack for smokes, a few extra dollars for juice I really enjoy is worth it. Tried a bunch of samples from a bunch of different vendors. Found a few here and there I like, but always end up reordering from JC :)

I haven't tried the original yet since I'm trying to stay with VG. Does anyone know their ratio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread