Status
Not open for further replies.

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
what you are experience is a combination of things.

first some user notice that after a day or two of the same flavor its hard to taste it anymore as your taste buds kind of become numb to it. trying something else and coming back to it will fix that, i usually run the same flavor all day in my tanks but will drip something different for a ml or 2 at some point in the day to refresh the taste buds.

second since you are new, you most likely were a smoker. now your taste buds are in a healing process, during that time taste will be off a bit, but you will notice food taste different and your vape may not always taste the same, once you get pass that phase, everything will taste different to you. some people notice this phase and may not be able to taste anything for a short period of time others seem to by-pass this part

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
I've noticed that some flavors do indeed get weaker as the juice level gets lower in the bottle. I believe that some flavorings are, as you put it, volatile. Generally though it takes much more than a couple of days for me to notice it. When using 30 ml to 60 ml bottles and I'm down to my last few ml, that's where it becomes an issue. I'd say that the others that responded to your post are likely on the right track with your problem.

Dr. Phill

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2012
Kansas City, Mo
Totally agree with Deleon, smoking takes a pretty big toll on taste, smell and all that. Quitting, even for a short time begins a whole new step for the body to recover. Your taste buds are probably going crazy trying to figure out what all this new flavor is and that for once, you can actually taste things clear! From what I gather, "seeping", or letting a liquid sit for a bit, should actually improve the flavor, not diminish it, so I'm pretty sure its a matter of giving up the real thing for digital that's making your taste buds wonder whats going on.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Vaping is extremely dehydrating. The PG/ VG traps moisture in the mouth and throat and thus the vapor. I drink at least 1 1/2 liters water per day. Also as mentioned your taste buds will change drastically. I used to LOVE mustard on my sandwiches- can't stand it anymore as it tastes very bitter and putrid. Used to also LOVE Coca Cola- also can't stand it anymore. Remember to shake your bottle of juice when you fill your atomizer, clearo or carto. Also juice components sometimes "separate" while in a tank system. I have a convert that LOVED a certain juice so, against my advice, he bought a liter of it...one week later he couldn't stand the stuff :facepalm:

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
There's also a certain wicking factor. If you are using a clearomizer they tend to suck up all the flavor (which is why they taste awesome at first) and then leave you with garbage juice that gets all dark and crappy tasting. Adding flavor (if you DIY) doesn't really help because the wicks get clogged. You can clean them (details are in the link below in the Vaper's Handbook on how to do this) and that will help for a couple more days until you do it over and over ad nauseum, but honestly if you are using a clearomizer the best thing you can do is re-wick them with cotton or bamboo yarn. Besides there has been a bit of an underground study (with microscopes) that have shown that silica wicks (which are found in all the CE style clearomizers I've ever seen) can release microfragments which never leave your lungs. This is likely the cause of a lot of people's vaping related airway irritation.

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
I've noticed that some flavors do indeed get weaker as the juice level gets lower in the bottle. I believe that some flavorings are, as you put it, volatile. Generally though it takes much more than a couple of days for me to notice it. When using 30 ml to 60 ml bottles and I'm down to my last few ml, that's where it becomes an issue. I'd say that the others that responded to your post are likely on the right track with your problem.

do you shake your bottle each time before refilling?

the juice is a mixture of several ingredients and when mix people will notice that if you just fill the bottle with all the ingredients it kind of has a oil and water effect. shaken for 30 seconds or so gets it all mixed up. its possible that the flavor, nic, pg, and vg all slowly separate over time. giving it a quick shake before each refill or daily will help keep the flavor more constant over the long haul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread