• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

E-liquid reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas_mikel

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
Winterfell
it was really nice meeting you, thomas! please tell your lovely wife that i loooooove the peanut butter. and that r3 is tasty!

hope you enjoy the flaves:)
I really like the french vanilla cap. Gonna try the cointreau, I mean Valencia in a bit. It was great to finally get to meet you as well!

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
The Valencia is awesome.

someone who doesn't share my aversion to orange whiskey! i blame my parents leaving that bottle out for me to drink senior year! i like the tiramisu, too! thanks for that one!

the flaves i got from vapor bomb:
sweet cherry: eh. johnson creek black cherry is similar, and tastier.
milk chocolate: it's ok. i'm mixing it w/my kitchen coconut
coconut: mlrgrl, don't EVEN ask!

liquid vapor: well, despite the high praise for the flaves, can't say i like any that much. snickerdoodle coffee was OK. the coconut flaves were bad. the brown sugar might be a good mixer. all in all, i'm pretty disappointed.

after spending over $100 (at least) on various flaves, i have come to the conclusion that I'm sticking w/only a few companies: eqliuid planet's ry4, puresmoker tonic karmascotch (and might try their other flaves), jc (chocolate truffle, espresso) and freedom smoke (cinnamon, hypnotic mist, caramel, butterscotch--and will prob try more of theirs)

but that peanut butter was pretty tasty. where'd you guys get that, thomas?

i MIGHT try totally wicked because they seem to have a standardized process like JC, but i think i'm mostly done with my wild experimentation on flavors! not all companies are created equal, and the ones i'm sticking w/seem to have figured out how to do flavors right.

I say, it's ON to DIY!

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
Guuuurrllll....I have only one word for you: ESSENSE.....Essense.....essense......

i ordered it!

hey, thanks for packing along a ceramic carto with thomas and gena! yayyyyy...monster cartos rock!

i'm pretty much sticking w/cartos only, i think. the taste is just so much better. i'll hang onto an atty, but i think i'm packing them away for electroman to use instead. i'm hooked on cartos!

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
The tiramisu came from good prophets, and the peanut butter was either from there or pure smoker, I can't remember which, but it is one of the two. We only get juice from those two and now J.C.

i think i'm sticking w/only a couple of companies now. i think cigtechs has some good stuff, too. love the waffle.

thomas_mikel

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
Winterfell
i think i'm sticking w/only a couple of companies now. i think cigtechs has some good stuff, too. love the waffle.

Yeah, after a while you will find about 3-5 flavors that you really like then you'll have to force yourself to vape all the other stuff up. That's what we just finished doing. We went crazy at first and kept ordering new stuff all the time and a lot of times I would order 30ml bottles....... ugh. Now we pretty much have 3-4 flavors apiece that we regularly enjoy and that's pretty much what we get, but on occasion we will order something "new" just to try it. I am going to have to add that cinnamon apple and valencia to my regular stash now!

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
i ordered it!

hey, thanks for packing along a ceramic carto with thomas and gena! yayyyyy...monster cartos rock!

i'm pretty much sticking w/cartos only, i think. the taste is just so much better. i'll hang onto an atty, but i think i'm packing them away for electroman to use instead. i'm hooked on cartos!

:laugh:now watch - with all the hype, the Essense won't live up to your expectations LOL

My pleasure! I remembered you talked about getting some of the XLs & I'm just glad I remembered to bring it along & the timing all worked out.
My only complaint with the E2, especially the XL, is it doesn't seem to wick fast enough for me. When that happens, I just kind of lay it on it's side & roll it around in my hand a little and it helps get the wick moistened.
For all the modding I've been reading about, I have a feeling it won't be long before that problem is corrected.

The GenJoys arrived today. WOW! That really is a smaller opening!! (not that I doubted you...but I actually thougth I'd be able to find one of the drip tips to fit onto it without having to trim it back). I did puncture the hold, but then just filled it via the "Vicki Method" and it worked like a champ! YAH! No syringe!

Oh yeah; still hold onto the attys for those times that you want to just slap a drip tip on it & do some flavor testing. Since you're only doing about 2 drops in a time, it's a lot quicker to use it up before switching flavors or blow out.

And there's no reason you have to pick one or the other when it comes to carto vs attys!! Just like units, they all serve a purpose & there are times that you'll want to switch around & be thankful you have an assortment.

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
i just don't understand why stuff doesn't taste good out of the attys. it makes sense that using a drip tip would produce a much "truer" flavor, but that has not been my experience. the drip tips seem to produce just a burn flavor. i even tried them on a new atty. hmmmm. that's why i went w/the genjoyes. the flavors just taste GREAT out of them. i know they're a pain to fill, but once you get used to it, it is not a big deal. the drip tips do seem to work fine on the regular 510 cartos, though. it's just that the regular 510 cartos don't taste as good. that's kind of why i was interested in the ceramic ones.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
i just don't understand why stuff doesn't taste good out of the attys. it makes sense that using a drip tip would produce a much "truer" flavor, but that has not been my experience. the drip tips seem to produce just a burn flavor. i even tried them on a new atty. hmmmm. that's why i went w/the genjoyes. the flavors just taste GREAT out of them. i know they're a pain to fill, but once you get used to it, it is not a big deal. the drip tips do seem to work fine on the regular 510 cartos, though. it's just that the regular 510 cartos don't taste as good. that's kind of why i was interested in the ceramic ones.

Just a hunch, but I'm betting it's the primer factor. Most attys are shipped from the factory with a primer lube in them (kind of like a preservative) that some swear can be washed out, but most just grin & bear it. The amount in there varies & depending on usage, the underlying taste can last anywhere from a short day to a week. And sometimes that short day feels like a week.

Normally anytime you have a burned taste in either carto or atty, it just means that for some reason there isn't enough liquid to keep things moist. Could be either time to add more juice, or if you are in serious chain vap mode, the wicking action just needs a moment to catch up.
:vapor:

.....or it could be the filler material is burning again the heating element......
aren't learning curves fun!!

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
Just a hunch, but I'm betting it's the primer factor. Most attys are shipped from the factory with a primer lube in them (kind of like a preservative) that some swear can be washed out, but most just grin & bear it. The amount in there varies & depending on usage, the underlying taste can last anywhere from a short day to a week. And sometimes that short day feels like a week.

Normally anytime you have a burned taste in either carto or atty, it just means that for some reason there isn't enough liquid to keep things moist. Could be either time to add more juice, or if you are in serious chain vap mode, the wicking action just needs a moment to catch up.
:vapor:

.....or it could be the filler material is burning again the heating element......
aren't learning curves fun!!

OK, i'll keep TWO attys then and keep trying them. i've only tried to sample liquids out of them via drip tips, and they just don't taste right. but i don't give it much time, either. ahhhhh...the learning curve. at least learning about this stuff is fun and cool!

:)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread