e liquid tasting bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasLeve

Jan 17, 2021
Okay so I just changed the coil and wick , I'm vaping Nana's sause it's prob 100vg and I'm used to run 0.3 dual coil ka1 at 45 watts and it always gave me a burned chemical taste , I switched to a single coil 0.6 ohm coil 24gauge ka1 and I soaked that cotton up till it couldn't take any more to the point of leaking, but at the first burn at 10 watts that chemical taste is there UGHH

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
If u can post a pic would be nice....
I just wondered maybe u just don't like that juice if it's first time vaping it...

Usually if the cotton is out in properly and if u had clean hands when u touched the cotton u should be getting the flavour of ejuice...the fact that u may not like it it's another story tho...
Also u may washed your hands but didn't rinse them good and u taste the hand soap??
Just saying....
Other thing can be that this juice is oxidised or very long time and got bad...
The fact that it smells good before u vape it doesn't matter....
I would try rewick I guess and pulse he could a bit before I put the fresh cotton

ThomasLeve

Jan 17, 2021
Flavor is 5 days old... she mixed in on the spot
I washed my hands and cleaned the RDA from machine oil... I don't know wtf is going on

Attachments

• IMG_20210118_094153.jpg
    IMG_20210118_094153.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Just a some random thoughts -

When you re-wicked it how tight is the wick? Ideally it should be a sliding fit IMHO.

Did you try "painting the wick" particularly at the coil slowly and re-doing it a couple of times before you fired up?

How old is the cotton and has it been in contact with anything before you used it?

Have you tried washing the drip tip end?

I personally disagree with the shop about PG being "unnecessary apart from in pods" and feel it might be worth trying a mix with 30% PG 70% VG - I feel it brings balance to the mix.

Good luck whatever and I hope you get a solution that works for you.

• Useful
Reactions: Superuser187
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread