E-pipe afficiando thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
How does the firing mechanism work of a mech pipe?
Just to add to @YorkMan's answer:

Pretty much like a mech --- on my Limelight, the battery goes in +down, the cap/button screws on to a threaded ring (which is connected to the negative of the 510), and the cap houses a magnetic button that you push to make contact with the negative of the battery. So very much like a traditional magnetic or spring switch on a tube mech.

On my epipemods, the battery goes in +down (with either the magnetic fuse disc, or magnet spacer on the +post), the switch then just drops on top of the negative end --- but is a bit different: the post on the switch makes constant contact with the negative end of the battery and holds up the rest of the switch housing --- you press the housing down so that it contacts a metal ring in the pipe bowl (connected to negative). The battery/switch is all held in magnetically (nothing screwed in), so to remove the battery you invert the bowl and give it a good sharp shake downwards into your other hand and the battery+switch is in your hand.

My pipesmith pipe is under construction as we speak, and has a small button-switch on the stem side of the bowl --- I'll let you know what I can when I have it in hand.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
Just wanted to update this thread with my latest epipe (came today) --- from Ken at pipesmithepipes.com, it is an 18650 Huntmaster in his updated body style and with "rusticated" surfacing around the waist and bottom. A couple shots with a berserker mini (1.5) and a short stem, and a few with a merlin nano and a long stem:
short-stem-berserker-1.jpg
short-stem-berserker-2.jpg
long-stem-merlin-nano.jpg
long-stem-nano-upright.jpg
long-stem-in-hand.jpg

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
Well, I've been using the Huntsmaster from pipesmithepipes for a few days now, in both short and long stem configuration. At home and out and about it has performed flawlessly. Quality workmanship, and a "No Questions Service and Support" backing, this pipe was made to be used. One more pic, just because:
pipe-rock.jpg

3po5

May 28, 2019
Slovakia
www.3po5.com
Well, I've been using the Huntsmaster from pipesmithepipes for a few days now, in both short and long stem configuration. At home and out and about it has performed flawlessly. Quality workmanship, and a "No Questions Service and Support" backing, this pipe was made to be used. One more pic, just because:
View attachment 849045
Looks good with that long churchwarden stem. I've made one few days ago and cant wait to fit it on some of my pipes... Here is video of making it.

duckie_44

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2011
DFW-TX
Here is a Meerschaum tobacco pipe that was converted to a e-pipe by The Pipe Revolution several years ago...Which I made a new stem and bit for, two to be exact...One a cooper plastic, the other bamboo...both from a pen blank.

By the by "the pipe revolution" is not doing business anymore, but the web site is still up...go and take a look at some of the pipes he has converted over the years... duckie.....
mb-web-3.jpg mb-web-1.jpg mb-web-2.jpg

duckie_44

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2011
DFW-TX
So, I dug this out of the back of the vape cabinet today and cleaned it up...This is version #3 of a e-pipe I made back in the 12's...In fact, the first pipe I ever made...Number 1 was carto pipe (do you remember those?).
This version uses a "Aspire Mini Vivi Nova BDC" which is also ancient history :shock:
I think I need to do version #4...:rolleyes:...duckie..... bdxy-01.JPG bd-02.JPG bd-03.JPG bd-04.JPG

bd-01.JPG

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
Reactions: duckie_44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread