Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Nice thread....
I LOVE epipes and there are a few Ive lost my mind over and some of those "egg" kamry that are impossible to find.
I do have a couple, one was a gift by a well known epiper PUMA? ( carved puma )
And the other is also well known but forgot who made it, maybe limelight, but an older version. I really love the little one, but its got an older connection and wish I could have it updated.

Im getting that "pipe itch" again.... gotta stop spending on old mech tubes and save for a pipe I will use the heck out of

Attachments

• 49948848_2233308620322979_765652253510991872_n.jpg
    49948848_2233308620322979_765652253510991872_n.jpg
    901.1 KB · Views: 33
  • _MG_6210.jpg
    _MG_6210.jpg
    810.9 KB · Views: 33

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
View attachment 829869 Got it! Needs some work and waiting for batteries but it’s a start.

Looks good! Ego thread cone covers or beauty rings are still available here and there -- fasttech has a few options/styles still available (many in less than traditional colors):

https://www.fasttech.com/search?ego beauty rings

I got some of this variation:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10009215/1816001-stainless-steel-ego-beauty-ring-5-pack

I ground in the upper flare a bit on one to use with my 16mm dwarv ... can't grind it in to 16mm as it is just a thin walled variety, but it's closer (also note, though it says stainless, it isn't really as you can see in the ground section ... but I can live with that):
beauty-ring.jpg

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
Nice thread....
I LOVE epipes and there are a few Ive lost my mind over and some of those "egg" kamry that are impossible to find.
You mean these ones? (may find them elsewhere for less):

Brand New Replacement bowl for Kamry K1000 - Petersham E Pipes.

I do have a couple, one was a gift by a well known epiper PUMA? ( carved puma )
And the other is also well known but forgot who made it, maybe limelight, but an older version. I really love the little one, but its got an older connection and wish I could have it updated.
The little one looks rather like an epipemods type, with an ego connection and thread cover (beauty ring) ... so it should take any 510 atomizer, or ego style atty with the thread cover removed (or am I misunderstanding your meaning here?)

Im getting that "pipe itch" again.... gotta stop spending on old mech tubes and save for a pipe I will use the heck out of
Indeed!

• Love
Reactions: anavidfan

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg

YorkMan

Jul 17, 2019
New Orleans
Thanks! hat is the ETNA MTL RDA that I bought before I knew about ePipes. Forget the top tank EVOD in the previous pic, this is so much better.

And the report is..........

I like that it looks like something warm and familiar. I like the way the bowl feels in my hand. I like the way I can hold it in a natural position and the bit is right there in front of my gob ready for a pull. I like that I can set it out on the mantle or almost anywhere and it looks like part of our decor.

This being my first mech mod, I like the simplicity. I like that I can just grab it as I walk by and take a hit and set it down without booting up a device or powering it down.

OK it’s official, I like it!

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
Thanks! hat is the ETNA MTL RDA that I bought before I knew about ePipes. Forget the top tank EVOD in the previous pic, this is so much better.

And the report is..........

I like that it looks like something warm and familiar. I like the way the bowl feels in my hand. I like the way I can hold it in a natural position and the bit is right there in front of my gob ready for a pull. I like that I can set it out on the mantle or almost anywhere and it looks like part of our decor.

This being my first mech mod, I like the simplicity. I like that I can just grab it as I walk by and take a hit and set it down without booting up a device or powering it down.

OK it’s official, I like it!

So, I think you are saying you like it? ;)

I really like the green through the body and how well it works with the abalone inlay. It does look like it would nicely complement a variety of decors.

It does not however stand up on its own even with a flat bottom. I thought it might with the weight of the battery in it, but nope.

It also does not fire every time, probably the vapesafe as you said.

I thought it would stand on it's own as well ... at least it appears it can stand with little support and without fine balancing.

Unfortunate your vapesafe isn't consistently firing either ... is that even with builds around 1.5 ohms? Maybe contact them for a replacement vapesafe ... or ask them to replace with a spacer magnet.

YorkMan

Jul 17, 2019
New Orleans
I will probably order a blue or green churchwarden stem to tie into the inlay.

Coil is 1.3 Ohms. Battery is not heating up at all.

I have a theory.......maybe the firing issue is related to the tenuous connection of the top cap and the metal ring inside the top of the bowl. It is not a precise fit, but that contact is what closes the circuit me thinks.

Last edited:

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
I will probably order a blue or green churchwarden stem to tie into the inlay.

Coil is 1.3 Ohms. Battery is not heating up at all.

I have a theory.......maybe the firing issue is related to the tenuous connection of the top cap and the metal ring inside the top of the bowl. It is not a precise fit, but that contact is what closes the circuit me thinks.

It's possible ... though, on mine anyway, using the magnet spacer(s) eliminated firing issues ... I guess if the vapesafe were just a hair too thick it might mean the button only makes good contact when pressed a particular way.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
View attachment 830361 OK that is the issue, fires every time now! I just added a single ring of Kanthal wire on top of the metal ring as a test. Now I need to figure out a permanent solution.
Interesting ... just take care not to do anything that could dislodge or move and lead to autofiring. Not sure what to suggest ... Maybe sanding/grinding down the magnet on the fuse (slowly so as not to get it hot and damage the fuse/board, and carefully to keep it level and smooth for good contact) ... could perhaps thin it enough to lower the battery a fraction of a millimeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread