E-power/Tank/Heads/Carto Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wardever

Aug 30, 2013
Wisconsin
Of course I am new to vaping. I have been using e-cigs for over 2 years and finally got sick of buying pre-filled cartos for $20 a pack. I purched the E-power kit from CCV and I love/hate it. I love the E-power but I seem to be going through heads and tanks like crazy (tanks start leaking after a week because the threads wear out). I am a heavy vaper and the heads seem to go bad after 2 (4ml) refills. I have cleaned them (under warm water) and let them dry and they will work again for another refill or tow, but that is about it. I've only had it for a little over a month and have gone through 5 heads and 3 tanks. So my first question is how can I get the heads to last longer? And what the heck am I doing wrong?

My other question is I really don't care for the tanks that much, I would rather use cartos on the E-power and I am looking for suggestions for the best cartos that I can use with the E-power that will last the longest? I don't care about having to refill them, I am just looking for the ones that will last me the longest and give me the best vaper and TH. I am a web designer, plus I drive 2 hours a day, so I hardly ever sleep. I usually go through about 5-10 ml a day and I don't want to be replacing cartos every day if at all possible.

Anyway, that was long winded and I apologize. I just want to find the best carto for my E-power so I can actually enjoy vaping without all the hassle and mess that I have had with the mini vivi nova tanks.

I appreciate your time and your suggestions,

-JW

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
5 heads sounds about right if you vape a lot through out the day. I like to change my carto's/coils around each week, and I don't go through that much liquid right now. You mean tanks by clearomizers without changing heads? or that they cracked?

If you're not going to use cartomizers in a tank, I would use boge, but I use smoktech in carto tanks because of my juice not wicking in boge. Why would you want to use cartomizers if you don't want to use them in a tank? That's the main point in me using them. If you go with a tank, it will be up to the liquid you use to decide which ones you'll be getting, but try boge and smoktech out. I like how large the center hole is in boge, but the wick is too compact for me to use them.

Wardever

Aug 30, 2013
Wisconsin
5 heads sounds about right if you vape a lot through out the day. I like to change my carto's/coils around each week, and I don't go through that much liquid right now. You mean tanks by clearomizers without changing heads? or that they cracked?

If you're not going to use cartomizers in a tank, I would use boge, but I use smoktech in carto tanks because of my juice not wicking in boge. Why would you want to use cartomizers if you don't want to use them in a tank? That's the main point in me using them. If you go with a tank, it will be up to the liquid you use to decide which ones you'll be getting, but try boge and smoktech out. I like how large the center hole is in boge, but the wick is too compact for me to use them.

Thanks for the reply. There are tanks which consist of the tank and coil, then there are cartos (cartomizers) which consist of just the cartomizer. The tanks have a coil that needs to be replaced (way too often for my taste) and the cartos like the resurrector which are thrown away after they are used a certain amount of times. I was using e-cigs for the past 2 years and for the past 6 months I was refilling my own cartomizers instead of purchasing pre-filled ones. The only issue I had was that the e-cig was not made for that and they would go bad after a will. e-cig batteries are not cheap, so I switched to the E-power.

Again, I appreciate the response. I decided to go with the jumbo resurectors since they hold a lot of juice and from the reviews that I have seen give a lot of vaper and TH.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Has it occurred to you/is it possible that those Vivi Novas with your set are actually not very good?

I don't recognise them as being the same as my Novas made by Vision, and I have had nothing but frustration and bad taste and short life and even short circuits with clone/copy Novas.

Sorry to post this, but if they are smok (or whatever) there is no shortage of people who have had troubles similar to you. (well, in UK anyway)

You could rebuild the heads yourself, or try a Vision Vivi Nova or simply get into cartomizers or try a Kanger Protank or something.

Wardever

Aug 30, 2013
Wisconsin
Has it occurred to you/is it possible that those Vivi Novas with your set are actually not very good?

I don't recognise them as being the same as my Novas made by Vision, and I have had nothing but frustration and bad taste and short life and even short circuits with clone/copy Novas.

Sorry to post this, but if they are smok (or whatever) there is no shortage of people who have had troubles similar to you. (well, in UK anyway)

You could rebuild the heads yourself, or try a Vision Vivi Nova or simply get into cartomizers or try a Kanger Protank or something.

Yeah, I have considered this and believe it to be true. For now I have a bad taste in my mouth (no pun intended) with tanks and just want to have a good enjoyable vape without all of the issues. Since I am new to all of this I am just not sure what parts go with which machines. From what I've seen in my research is that the E-power will take any 510 cartos. I know that the E-Power running 3.7 volt batteries and 1.8ohm heads. What I'm not sure of is if I can use different tanks with heads that are higher than 1.8ohms? I am learning as I go, but the main thing is I don't have a ton of time to spend researching or building my perfect machine at this time. I need something that I can rely on and that will take as little maintenance as possible right now. Down the road, as I get more knowledgeable with all of this stuff I would love to build something from the ground up.

The E-power seems to work great and has plenty of power for what I need from it on a daily basis. The Mini Vivi Nova tanks that come with it on the other hand are a piece of crap, and the 1.8ohm heads that I got seem to burn out way to easily.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
The Vivi Novas at CCV are the knockoffs= SmokTeck. When I was using my Kgo or Mech Mod 3.7 volt I got the best results from the Ressurectors aka SmokTech 1.8 XL cartos- holds 1.8 ml. Trouble is nowadays it's hit and miss with carto quality. Also use the Vision Vivi Nova with great results. Heads lasting 10+ weeks with washing (or soaking in alcohol) and dry burning.
As for the Smok Vivi Novas a friend bought a bunch on sale and they were a dismal failure. I tried a couple and HATED them. Lottsa stories/ complaints here about the ST Vivis.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Some suggestions:

• I agree with djvapour and Vapoor eyes er, those don't look like genuine Vision Vivi Nova tanks. Different drip tip, for one. Sad to say but the knockoffs have had poor results when compared to genuine Vivi Nova's. The simplist option here would be to buy a genuine Vision Vivi Nova and see if the results are better. Also, buy the genuine replacement heads, too. Not knockoff brands.

• You can purchase the mega cartomizers that Smoktech makes. These are dual coil, low resistance, and hold almost 5 ml each. 510-threaded. Don't leak. These use a rubber whistle drip tip similar to the small cigars. Despite their juice capacity, because they are dual coil they like to be topped off with juice frequently. $3.50 each. Available in black or stainless steel. An even cheaper option to try.

AltSmoke.com - Smoktek XXXXL (4XL) 510 Dual Coil Cartomizers

xxxxldualcoilcartomizer.jpg

• Another option is to invest in a cartotank setup. You know you like cartomizers. A cartotank allows longer use of a cartomizer without such frequent refills as the tank replenishes the carto with each puff you tank. Takes about 5 minutes to set up a brand new tank and carto once your get it down. Almost zero maintainance other than re-filling the tank between carto changes. Tank capacities can run from 2ml to 8 ml. I recommend the IBTanked pyrex tanks, a true value in a quality glass tank. Cost for a complete kit would be between $25 - $30. Only the pre-punched carto needs to be replaced. A slight learning curve is involved in learning to set up the tank, but you already know how to properly fill a cartomizer, so you already got half of that down. Complete Tanks

Cartotank Setup Guide with video: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3710-5-cartomizer-tank-setup.html

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
That's a great option, Baditude. I will definitely look into that.

One last thing that I have a question about is I hear everyone say to clean the heads with alcohol. Is there a specific brand or kind that you recommend?

Again, I appreciate all the responses and great advice.

-JW

Rule of thumb is:
light and low VG juices clean tank and head with warm water.
dark and high VG juices clean tank with warm water and head with PGA or alcohol/ vodka. Some heads with dark juice need to soak.
Washing cleans the tank and wick.
Dry burning cleans the "juice gunk" on the coil. Use short 3 sec bursts. Wash the ash away with warm water. Sounds like me you enjoy a warm strong vape- whether it's cartos or clearos I found 1.8 ohms to be the best for me.
Although this vid is long and about Vision Vivi Novas it's a good watch.
Cleaning starts about 7:19 mins.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I agree with Bad regarding cartos+ tank- best vape ever and no need to worry about the carto burning out from lack of juice. If you want a long term investment style tank I'd suggest the pyrex tank. Best available and has the highest rating for sealing around the carto which means less chance of leaks and other issues. Prolly the easiest way to destroy a carto is to allow it to run dry...once "first filled" properly carto in a tank should last 1-2 weeks.
My carto in tank lasts:
dark juice- 50-60 ml
light juice- 80-90 ml
IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us! is about the most reasonably priced Vendor for pyrex tanks.
Regardless whether we use a carto+ tank or just the carto it's VERY IMPORTANT to fully and properly first fill the carto before using. This will determine the longevity of the carto.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Thanks, Vapoor eyes er. That information will help me a ton. I ordered some of the resurrector cartos for now since I will be rather busy the next couple of weeks, but I will definitely order myself a carto+ tank since that seems like it will fit my needs the best. I really appreciate your time and information.

You're very welcome. Just be very sure you properly and fully first fill the cartos...it's so very, very important. We just all want this to be a good experience for you. How do you fill your fresh cartos?

Edit: I remember almost 1 1/2 yrs ago when the ressurectors first came out. They were so popular CCV was backlogged for 6+ weeks. I've found them to be a great vape and still use them.

Last edited:

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
Yeah, I have considered this and believe it to be true. For now I have a bad taste in my mouth (no pun intended) with tanks and just want to have a good enjoyable vape without all of the issues. Since I am new to all of this I am just not sure what parts go with which machines. From what I've seen in my research is that the E-power will take any 510 cartos. I know that the E-Power running 3.7 volt batteries and 1.8ohm heads. What I'm not sure of is if I can use different tanks with heads that are higher than 1.8ohms? I am learning as I go, but the main thing is I don't have a ton of time to spend researching or building my perfect machine at this time. I need something that I can rely on and that will take as little maintenance as possible right now. Down the road, as I get more knowledgeable with all of this stuff I would love to build something from the ground up.

The E-power seems to work great and has plenty of power for what I need from it on a daily basis. The Mini Vivi Nova tanks that come with it on the other hand are a piece of crap, and the 1.8ohm heads that I got seem to burn out way to easily.

I felt the same way about tanks until I switched to glass tanks. Love my Kanger ProTank mini. Been using the same coil for a week now and no problems. Coils are cheap. Going to be cheaper than replacing plastic tanks every 2 fill ups. Also, if it will fit your battery, you could try a Kanger EVOD. It's plastic, but uses coils and is solidly built. Got a little bit of a loose draw. Prefer Kanger Mini Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread