Possible to achieve a warmer vape w/a clearomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barracuda30

Jun 30, 2013
Maine, USA
Hey, question here for the more experienced vapers.

I've got an eGo battery and recently ordered a wickless CE4 and a Kanger Protank. I've tried the CE4, and I'm still waiting for the Protank in the mail. This is my "step up" from cig-a-likes with refillable cartos. I actually really liked the flavor and warmth I got with the cartos, but on trying out the CE4, the flavors of my favorite juices seem muted and the vaper is much cooler. It's OK for some of my juices, and I like the not having to constantly refill cartos aspect of a tank.

What I'm looking for is recommendations for something that will fit on my eGo, hold enough e-liquid that I don't have to refill multiple times a day, but produce a warmer vape. Does anything like that exist?

Also, does the Protank have different ohm heads, and if so, does this affect the warmth of the vapor? If so, what resistance makes for a warmer vape?

TBPlayer2112

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2012
Northern Illinois
For a warmer vape you would want something along the lines of a Vivi Nova. the Protanks are bottom coil devices. Since the vapor has to travel from the bottom the vape is 'not warm'. The Vivi Nova's coil is at the top of the tank with wicks reaching out.
Yes, Protanks do have different resistance heads as well. You can find them at the Discount Vapor store that I linked to or shop around at other vendors. Kanger Evod heads will work with the Protank and vice versa. :vapor:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I've got an eGo battery and recently ordered a wickless CE4 and a Kanger Protank. I've tried the CE4, and I'm still waiting for the Protank in the mail. This is my "step up" from cig-a-likes with refillable cartos. I actually really liked the flavor and warmth I got with the cartos, but on trying out the CE4, the flavors of my favorite juices seem muted and the vaper is much cooler. It's OK for some of my juices, and I like the not having to constantly refill cartos aspect of a tank.

I really enjoyed my Vision brand Mini Vivi Nova 1.8 ohms (1.6 ml) which gives a warm vape cuz it's top coil but have recently gone back to a 3 ml carto+ tank as I find it to be a more robust vape.
If you're concerned about the looks of a larger tank or clearo on your eGo you can always get a sleeve/ collar.
eGo-Steel-Sleeve-Cone-(TypeB).jpg

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Grimwald, what do you like about the T2?

Well, I have ego/510 batts and ego/808 batts...they fit both. Also they only unscrew from the top. The CE5s seem to leak for me sometimes at the bottom connection where the parts screw together...plus they have too many o-rings to lose. T2 replacement coils are super cheap. Basically, I like the way it vapes. I like that it holds a good 2.4 mil, but not excessive amount. I like that it's easy to clean and fill. I like that it screws on to the outer ego threads. It's just my favorite. YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread