Status
Not open for further replies.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Well, that's a BIG question. There are a LOT of choices. I'm going to say that if you are really hung up on it looking like a cigarette a KR-808-D1 kit from vapor4life is a good choice. It's not what I'd recommend though. The battery life is way too short. I just bought the Riva 510 kit from Liberty Flights for my sister in-law. ECR69 got me 20% off Saturday. Might still work. Along with it, get an extra atomizer, and an extra pack of cartridges.

You'll need juice. Get 30ml in small bottles in a variety of flavors and nic levels. That'll help you find what you like.

After you read on here, you're going to want to try some different things. Get a pack of Boge 510 cartomizers and a drip tip too.

All of the above is available at that site.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
Well, that's a BIG question. There are a LOT of choices. I'm going to say that if you are really hung up on it looking like a cigarette a KR-808-D1 kit from vapor4life is a good choice. It's not what I'd recommend though. The battery life is way too short. I just bought the Riva 510 kit from Liberty Flights for my sister in-law. ECR69 got me 20% off Saturday. Might still work. Along with it, get an extra atomizer, and an extra pack of cartridges.

You'll need juice. Get 30ml in small bottles in a variety of flavors and nic levels. That'll help you find what you like.

After you read on here, you're going to want to try some different things. Get a pack of Boge 510 cartomizers and a drip tip too.

All of the above is available at that site.

Liberty Flights has a 20% discount button at the top of the page that gets you 20% off everyday. The Riva510 lite bundle starter kit is $30 and each battery lasts about 8-10 hours between charges. It's a great option if battery life is a concern for you (it is for most), but if size is more important then go with the KR808D-1 kit instead. You can get it at litecigusa, vapor4life, or myvaporstore. If you go with the kr808d-1 and you want pre-filled cartos, get them at vapor4life though because theirs taste the best. Plus, if you go with the kr808d-1, I'd recommend getting the PCC too (personal charging case).

Good luck!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Most popular beginner ecigs on the forum

Note - 180mah is about 2-3 hours for a light or moderate vaper, for a heavy vaper cut that in half

Joye 510 180mah
Joye 510 w/ mega xl batteries 280mah
Ego and Riva 510 650mah+ and the ability to use hotter harder-hitting LR (low resistance) parts
(see Liberty-Flights.com, Cignot.com, LiteCigUSA.net)

KR808D_1/Vapor4Life - standard battery is 280mah
(see Vapor4Life.com and for plain white or steel see LiteCigUSA.net or VaporLeaf.com)

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Best beginner PV (personal vaporizer) IMO is either the eGo/Riva 510 or the VGO 801. I would check Liberty Flights as mentioned above. Good prices and good customer service. Always stick with manual batteries (small button) and stay clear of the auto batteries. You will be happier and much less frustrated.

Rule of Thumb: the more it looks like the real thing, the worse the performance.

ronsgirl11

Mar 23, 2011
Anna-jonesboro
i know i am am brand new but i can tell u what worked for me i went with volcano i like it i will be honest i still smoke one a day because i am planning a wedding and just moved back home but i used the inferno but didnt cut it for me i started with a 21st century one and used no 7 catrs on it i dont know about many other companies but the volcano came with a pcc and costed me around 69.99 plus i ordered some juice and attys and carts with all that was around 110 comes with 25 i wanted free fedex so i hit my 100 mark

ronsgirl11

Mar 23, 2011
Anna-jonesboro
Best beginner PV (personal vaporizer) IMO is either the eGo/Riva 510 or the VGO 801. I would check Liberty Flights as mentioned above. Good prices and good customer service. Always stick with manual batteries (small button) and stay clear of the auto batteries. You will be happier and much less frustrated.

Rule of Thumb: the more it looks like the real thing, the worse the performance.
not always true for all i started with a manual batt and highly disliked it and then had the 21st century went to the inferno its and ego style and it didnt feel real enough for me finding somthing that felt like a smoke is what has helped me the most everyone has there prefrance though

ronsgirl11

Mar 23, 2011
Anna-jonesboro
i hated the is it the l808 not 100% sure the volcano is i know just dont know the mod number for sure i like the mod i have now it suits me just fine my big thing is i will not buy a e cig kit that comes with one batt at least 2 where can u find the multi batt charger i wanna pick up more batts but pcc only charges one and holds one

ElProximo

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2011
Alberta
To me the recommendation (to a new person) really comes down to this:

- Small and mock-cigarette enough to make for easy welcoming habit-satisfying familiar switch.
Versus
- Big enough and bad enough (in a good way) to deliver enough vapor long enough to compete and match the cigarettes.

Add to that my strong belief that new Vapers (possibly not 100% convinced) will want what has the most easily available parts, most 'future-proof' device and also the least complicated (at least to start).
So?
As much as people on this forum rave and recommend the 510 (which I really loved) I also hear a lot of first-time people become a too easily wishing for more vapor and complaining about recharging too often.

So I keep touting the regular Joye Ego. Big enough to match cigarettes pound-for-pound in vapor and strength but just small enough it's not some kind of techno-..../power tool freaking out first-timers.
Its about as 'standard' as it gets while at the same time being as 'current popular future-proofed' as you can get.
bullet-proof and simple design.
Loads of accessories and parts and carts all readily available almost anywhere.
It may not have the sleek-slim 'cigarette' look but then again it is still fairly attractive and fashionable.

I actually love my old 510 (though its dead now and I wouldn't bother buying it parts) but after a few months I did realize it just wasn't enough. Not quite big enough.

Then again, the typical trends seem to say a lot of people (and many women) want and like the slim 'cigarette' models in public even if it means lower battery life and smaller 'clouds'.

BTW: This may be my experience and luck but I'm finding the 510s seem to have shorter lifespans than a Joye Ego. This might be something to consider as well.

Obviously we should mention money here. Of course you can go ahead and buy 20 kits if you have cash to burn. Most of us are on limited 'disposable income' or 'toy budgets'.
I think of the lesson I learned with 'bargain shoes'. I can buy 5 pairs or $20 shoes a year or 2 pairs of $50 shoes a year OR I can just buy one pair of $100 Adidas a year.
Vaping can be like that too. Some vendors are reporting to me that (as reported to them) a 510 might get 3 months of use. A Joye Ego 6 months.

Hey then again someone told me they got a full year out of a 510!

Anyways, just going to recommend the plain-jane durable basic Ego starter kit and a 30ml bottle of e-Juice and I think you are as basically set in the most no-nonsense and least-likely-to-disappoint straight-shooter Personal Vaper.

*I like liberty flights too though I'm sure there are other good ones too.

ElProximo

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2011
Alberta
To me the recommendation (to a new person) really comes down to this:

- Small and mock-cigarette enough to make for easy welcoming habit-satisfying familiar switch.
Versus
- Big enough and bad enough (in a good way) to deliver enough vapor long enough to compete and match the cigarettes.

Add to that my strong belief that new Vapers (possibly not 100% convinced) will want what has the most easily available parts, most 'future-proof' device and also the least complicated (at least to start).
So?
As much as people on this forum rave and recommend the 510 (which I really loved) I also hear a lot of first-time people become a too easily wishing for more vapor and complaining about recharging too often.

So I keep touting the regular Joye Ego. Big enough to match cigarettes pound-for-pound in vapor and strength but just small enough it's not some kind of techno-..../power tool freaking out first-timers.
Its about as 'standard' as it gets while at the same time being as 'current popular future-proofed' as you can get.
bullet-proof and simple design.
Loads of accessories and parts and carts all readily available almost anywhere.
It may not have the sleek-slim 'cigarette' look but then again it is still fairly attractive and fashionable.

I actually love my old 510 (though its dead now and I wouldn't bother buying it parts) but after a few months I did realize it just wasn't enough. Not quite big enough.

Then again, the typical trends seem to say a lot of people (and many women) want and like the slim 'cigarette' models in public even if it means lower battery life and smaller 'clouds'.

BTW: This may be my experience and luck but I'm finding the 510s seem to have shorter lifespans than a Joye Ego. This might be something to consider as well.

Obviously we should mention money here. Of course you can go ahead and buy 20 kits if you have cash to burn. Most of us are on limited 'disposable income' or 'toy budgets'.
I think of the lesson I learned with 'bargain shoes'. I can buy 5 pairs or $20 shoes a year or 2 pairs of $50 shoes a year OR I can just buy one pair of $100 Adidas a year.
Vaping can be like that too. Some vendors are reporting to me that (as reported to them) a 510 might get 3 months of use. A Joye Ego 6 months.

Hey then again someone told me they got a full year out of a 510!

Anyways, just going to recommend the plain-jane durable basic Ego starter kit and a 30ml bottle of e-Juice and I think you are as basically set in the most no-nonsense and least-likely-to-disappoint straight-shooter Personal Vaper.

*I like liberty flights too though I'm sure there are other good ones too.

Astronomer

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
Modesto Ca
Up until 1 hour ago I was recommending the eGo tank.

I just got a LR typ B cylinder atomizer and type B mega cartridge

Im being blown away.... it is fantastic, and what I would recommend now ( start with a regular eGo kit )

However to the original posters question, I suppose it really depends on how much you smoke ( if you do smoke ) how heavily you smoke, and just how addicted you are.

Like others have said

if you were a light smoker than a KR808 would proably do fine.

But here is a tip, the bigger the battery the longer the battery lasts ( usually ) which is why I recommend the eGo, or Riva ( you can get a really inexpensive full Riva kit cheap at liberty flights as mentioned before, Riva is an eGo knockoff and the stuff I believe is all interchangeable )

It depends I suppose on just how much looking like a cigarette is important to you, for me it was not at all, what was important was that it worked well... I thought the tank did work well until today. I didn’t realize how good the standard setup was. And with an inexpensive LR atomizer ( which you can pick up later if you like the e-cig ) it is amazing.

I agree with the others to stay away from the auto-batteries... it is much better to control the hit yourself, and that is little parts that can mess up easily.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
not always true for all i started with a manual batt and highly disliked it and then had the 21st century went to the inferno its and ego style and it didnt feel real enough for me finding somthing that felt like a smoke is what has helped me the most everyone has there prefrance though

There are some like yourself who prefer the small auto battery PV's, I agree. But for the vast majority who have tried both, better batteries that are manuals are preferred. I think you might be more the exception than the rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread