Easier than I thought it would be.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today was my birthday. Yes thank you for your wishes, however it is BEYOND any of the milestones I want to celebrate and given the amount of cigs I was smoking to get to another one is a minor miracle :D Anyhoo, in the past when I have tried to quit the analogues (and trust me this is NOT the first time) there has ALWAYS been a GREAT excuse to light up one more time....... It's my birthday, it's Christmas, next doors cat gave birth, it's Thursday yada yada yada. You know the drill right?? :blink:

So it being my birthday and all I was NOT expecting to make it through the day without being surrounded by a cloud of smoke and I don't mean I was intending to set fire to the office. Fortunately my lovely 83 year old Mother in Law gave me $50 as a gift so I did visit the vape store and bought a new juice in a cola flavor which I was very keen to try. Oh don't tell her what I spent my money on, she would be horrified that it went on "drugs" :vapor:

So I managed to get through the work day with Nooooooooooo problem. Tonight I get home to find that Hubs, Son and Son's Girlfriend want to take me out to dinner! LOVELY.......... We had a lovely meal and ALL the way through the meal the gremlin on my shoulder was saying, "and after this we will go outside and have a lovely smoke". :facepalm:

You will be pleased to know that I drowned the gremlin in my water glass. Took my lovely ecig with the new cola flavor in it and enjoyed that for the rest of the evening and going into day four.

What can I tell ya?? 55 and still alive and with the Vape I'm going to thrive :laugh: Happy Weekend everyone :vapor:

If it HAD been around we would have been smoke free YEARS ago. I remember saying to a friend when I was in my 20's I could give up smoking tomorrow if only I could still have a cigarette and now we kind of CAN! Love it. PS I am a British Ex Pat living in Canada. Canada do NOT condone E Cigs, however the Brits have just produced an article that says that there is a 60% success rate for quitting smoking via E Cigs. Go Figure :vapor::toast:

epicdoom

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Maryland USA
Happy B day and congratz 55 still alive and this time next year I want to here 56 and still off sticks. I know what you mean about finding a reason to have a smoke after 30+ years I convinced myself many times its healthy for me. Stay with it you beat this day down and it was a good day to smoke so now you know you can resist. Take it one day at a time, but try and set a goal that's realistic like I'm gonna go 3 days no analogs. when you get there you have that to look back on for the next mini goal. they add up and you start to feel proud, and you should smoking is a hard habit to break. Good luck and if you need some info or just to ramble to get through a tuff spot pop on here and do some reading or posting

Happy B day and congratz 55 still alive and this time next year I want to here 56 and still off sticks. I know what you mean about finding a reason to have a smoke after 30+ years I convinced myself many times its healthy for me. Stay with it you beat this day down and it was a good day to smoke so now you know you can resist. Take it one day at a time, but try and set a goal that's realistic like I'm gonna go 3 days no analogs. when you get there you have that to look back on for the next mini goal. they add up and you start to feel proud, and you should smoking is a hard habit to break. Good luck and if you need some info or just to ramble to get through a tuff spot pop on here and do some reading or posting

Thank you for your encouragement. Today was tough in places. I have tried to quit SO many times with Patches and gum and all the usual suspects and even once before with Vapes. Although last time I think I got my strengths wrong. I am doing really good on 6mg even though I was a pretty heavy smoker. Anything else makes me feel kind of sick so I am sticking with this, and today even though Hubs and Son were smoking around me I got through with my ecig. Yay for me :2cool::toast:

Neunerball

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
Roswell, GA
...and today even though Hubs and Son were smoking around me I got through with my ecig. Yay for me :2cool::toast:...

Happy birthday!

It's even harder not to crave the analogs with others around you smoking. Good job! I quit smoking, when I got my first vaping stuff. Keep up the good work! It's also about training your mind to the habit of NOT having an analog as "desert", or going with your beer, things like that triggering your urge. However, where's a will, there's a way!

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I was the same way. I did not have my hopes up that vaping would stop me from smoking. Here I am over a year later, no smoking. I could even get the $300 credit for being a non-tobacco user this year. Felt really good!!

Thanks Susan, no one is more surprised than ME!!! :vapor:

Go Lizzy! I'm seven weeks or so tobacco free after many many years and it's been pretty painless for me I must say. My gal says I don't stink anymore and doesn't mind it in her car or apartment. I think it's the habit with me, the fact you can draw in fake smoke and blow it out and I really don't miss tobacco at all! Please get into my mindset! :)

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Happy Birthday to ya. I don't think a day goes by that I don't learn something new or still get amazed with vaping. But the best part is all the wonderful people that you come across on ecf. I have met so many. Here.... have a piece of cake. :)
BirthdayCandle.gif

Hijack

Verified Member
May 7, 2014
Bournemouth, U.K
PS I am a British Ex Pat living in Canada. Canada do NOT condone E Cigs, however the Brits have just produced an article that says that there is a 60% success rate for quitting smoking via E Cigs. Go Figure :vapor::toast:

The Brits are also saying that 40% of smokers have changed over to vaping. Plus when they do report about vaping on the national TV news, its all about the benefits and very little negative apart from the obligatory ''we still don't know about the long term effects, but scientific reports from around the world so far suggest its relatively safe.''

Just shows how an ocean and the FDA can change the perspective of a nation.

Oh and happy birthday :toast:

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Lizzy2014, congrats on your accomplishment! And Happy B-Day!

We all were in the same place at one point. I was a 37 year smoker & until late last November didn't really know about vaping, how powerful of a tool it is to stop the known cancer sticks.

Welcome to ECF & if you need us, we're here 24/7.

All the Best,
Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread