Easy "No Fail" Method to re-stuff Cartridges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Closet Toker

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2009
Trempealeau, WI.
I use 100% Polyester Fill (batting)
Recently, I started "balling" my poly-fill stuffing with excellent results. Leakage is much more minimal also (I load the carts. of my Pilot M401 to the brim). Excellent vapor production all the way 'till it's dry.

Heres How I Do It:
Take a small piece of batting and pull it apart so it is wispy (thin).
Form the stuffing into a small ball by "mushing" it together (about the same size as the cartridge). Lightly insert (don't pack it tight) Poly stuffing into the cartridge using a paper clip. Then stretch the stuffing out past the edge of cart. then trim with sissors. When you push the stuffing back in, you want it to receed slightly from the opening of the cartridge. That way you can "pool" the eliquid. Also make sure the batting touches the back of cartridge for the best wicking.
Very simple & effective. Practice will make perfect.

I USE THE "HIGH LOFT", Polyester Quilter's BATTING..... FROM WALMART.

**If you have to "draw" harder than normal to produce vapor, reduce the amount of batting.**
**If you can "draw" normally, but can't get good vapor, make sure batting is touching the backside of the cartridge and the front must have contact with the atomizer, or increase the amount of batting.**

tobacco Free 28 Days
Pilot M-401!

Attachments

• Pea size stuffing. 001.jpg
    Pea size stuffing. 001.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

Hangar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
how small of a ball?...can you post a photo of your hand holding one of your balls up against a cart so we can see the size of your balls? (I can only imagine what an unsuspecting newbie might be thinking right now if this is the first post they might be reading here, lol)

seriously...post a pic of the size...not sure what denseness works best yet.

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
Avalable at Walmart for 7 dollars--enough to make cores for a year--do not waste your money--this is the same stuff as the originals--100% polyester:---Sun

P1010478.jpg

Morning Sun
I have bags of this, it is the ticket, what do you think of the
foam, that comes in the sheets, I am not sure if they call it FOAM RUBBER anymore, I have tried it, then pulled back thinking it may be a
hazzard!!

What do you think of the foam sheets

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
Please Check The Other Post People For 100% Polyester Fill Batting (Package Is Marked Batting).

I Believe You Want To Use The 100% Polyester Fill (Batting) That Is Much Easier To Cut /Use, No Need To Mash It In, U Can Cut Thin Strips & I Believe Same Price.

The Regular 100% Polyester Fill is Very Loose & A Pain To Stuff The Carts With, But It Does Work.

I Think SmokingClam Posted The Pic Of The Package of the 100% Polyester Fill (Batting)

And Yes If You Jam Too Much In In Won't Get Any Air Through It, But Once You Get The Right Amount It Works Great. I Start Larger Use It And Then Trim it as Needed. Again The Batting Type Is Much Easier To Use.

Keep Vapin!

Last edited:

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
Here's my technique with the batting. I have a pair of tweezers that have a sharp pointed tip on the end. I take a piece of batting and try to fluff it out into a somewhat square shape. Fold it in half and grab 1 side tightly witht the tweezers. Then I start rolling and wrapping the batting around the tweezers, never letting go of them. and wrapping as tight as I can. This method works the best for the 801's cause it causes a point to form at the end of it which fits nicely into the small reservoir at the base of the plastic cart. Wrapping it tightly tends to help it keep it's shape and will go thru several washings without losing it's shape. When I'm done wrapping it I shove it down in the cart, check it for length, then pull it back out slightly and cut the top 1/4" off of it to allow for expansion when it's filled with fluid. I use a syringe to fill it and it works great.

I also just tried the teabag method and that works great too.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Morning Sun
I have bags of this, it is the ticket, what do you think of the
foam, that comes in the sheets, I am not sure if they call it FOAM RUBBER anymore, I have tried it, then pulled back thinking it may be a
hazzard!!

What do you think of the foam sheets

Cosican--this is what I have been using now for six months--I am now going with the tea bags and giving them a run---I will report my final thoughts--but my initial reports are good!!! Sun
P1010478.jpg

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the draw is not affected by how densely the batting is packed is it? I don't believe air passes thru the batting...rather past it. The packing density would affect the wicking of liquid into the atomizer though, as I see it.

Streampunk--that is correct--the density of the core will not affect the draw as the draw is running from the side of the cartridge, not through it. A too dense core will in fact not allow for proper wicking---Sun

Streampunk--that is correct--the density of the core will not affect the draw as the draw is running from the side of the cartridge, not through it. A too dense core will in fact not allow for proper wicking---Sun

I don't even want to think of the foul, juicy draws we'd have if air passed thru the batting.

Thanks Sun - I'll have to try that tea bag method

lewnworx

Apr 7, 2009
Dallas
I am now going with the tea bags and giving them a run---I will report my final thoughts--but my initial reports are good!!! Sun

I tried the tea bag route yesterday. So so results. I took a lipton bag, cut it off at the top, dumped the tea into a filter and made iced tea with that.

Then I separated the bag along it's folded seam, folded it down twice till it was a bit longer than a cart, rolled that up, and put it in the cart. I then pulled it out a bit, trimmed off the end and pushed it back into the cart.

I was able to get 27 drops into my dura generic carts vs. 20ish with the poly.

However, it seems like the cart isn't running as long as with the poly.

So today I noticed the post where one sticks a small straw in the side of the cart and use poly. I got 25 drops in with that (the straw occupies some volume) so there may be something to having an air channel in the cart. We'll see how that goes.

Sun, how are you rolling/packing your tea bags? I wanted to try it, as someone else had posted excellent results, but I haven't been able to duplicate that result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread