East Coast, USA

Sterno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2010
Oklahoma City
www.reosmods.com
My camera battery needs to be charged from all the Christmas pics I shot, but I will get some posted in the morning. :)

Right off the bat, I like the Spiral's screw-down cap, and the fact it can be blind-squonked. ;) The built-in drip tip is nice, but any 510 DT will also fit into it.

ya thats what i like about the A7 it can be blind squonked

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I'm expecting some company this afternoon, but here are some pics of the Spiral.... :)

Click To Enlarge:

The pics of the laser etching on the bottom is with the atty screwed-out of the VVG to show it. The ERA gives a bit more vapor production than the Spiral, while the Spiral has notably richer flavor. This may be due to the ceramic cup. I do prefer using a 510 DT rather than the Spiral's built-in DT. (It gets a bit warm)

I'll post more within a couple of days.... ;) I want to build my own wick / coil on the Spiral to compare to the ERA, as far as time taken, ease of build, etc....

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
God, ceramic cups and having to use NR wire and resistance wire?!? That really sounds like the iAtty from my GG days.

<shudders>

Nah, NR wire is not necessary. I built 2 coils so far with only Kanthal, and it works fine. :) I'm still liking the flavor of my juices on the Spiral more than the ERA. I can knock out building an ERA wick & coil faster though. I'll give it a couple more days before I give the Spiral a final thumbs up or down for the Grand / VVG...

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
Nah, NR wire is not necessary. I built 2 coils so far with only Kanthal, and it works fine. :) I'm still liking the flavor of my juices on the Spiral more than the ERA. I can knock out building an ERA wick & coil faster though. I'll give it a couple more days before I give the Spiral a final thumbs up or down for the Grand / VVG...

Now this is what I wanted to hear! Thanks for testing that out. One more thing, how does it handle the blind-squonk, and do you get any gurgling from juice in the air channel?

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Now this is what I wanted to hear! Thanks for testing that out. One more thing, how does it handle the blind-squonk, and do you get any gurgling from juice in the air channel?

It handles blind-squonking fine.... It does gurgle at times. In this respect, the ERA is coming out ahead in my testing. I do like that the Spiral is able to have any juice in the well quickly drawn-up when taking a hit... (But of course it gurgles ;) )

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
I watched the video but my English english isn't too good so I didn't understand everything he said.;) Actually it seems easier to load a coil not having to mess with screws or did I miss something? Also, are they sealed RBAs...like dripping only (not bottom fed) it appears that way?

Last edited:

Blix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Stabekk, Norway
Also, are they sealed RBAs...like dripping only (not bottom fed) it appears that way?

Bottomfed, see Technonut's posts above. :) Mine shipped yesterday, can't wait!

Also ordered the nice bottle bell cap for it: Bottle Cap for Drippers

It should be fairly identical to the 705 I guess? We'll see. :)

ives

Jan 3, 2011
Amurrio
Reo Grand(Old man and struck but it works perfectly as the first day)+Ebaron spiral+Bottle bell.
DSC01627 (630x800).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread