Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I believe it's because of the impending regulation and news articles reporting on the proposed amendments. Kind of a double edged sword. I have spoken to a few politicians I know and they told me that Health Canada did not want to push this issue openly and publicly as they feared more of the public would become aware and possibly start doing some research/ begin vaping- whether pro or anti this is exactly what these news reports have done...brought about public awareness.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I believe it's because of the impending regulation and news articles reporting on the proposed amendments. Kind of a double edged sword. I have spoken to a few politicians I know and they told me that Health Canada did not want to push this issue openly and publicly as they feared more of the public would become aware and possibly start doing some research/ begin vaping- whether pro or anti this is exactly what these news reports have done...brought about public awareness.

I watched the news today and there was a news item about under 18's being banned from using ecigs now in the uk. There was an interview with someone from ecf, i forget his name. Had to have been one of the moderators.

Requiem33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
Inwood, WV
Definitely noticed the increase of traffic and people here. Interesting enough Friday at work throughout the day I noticed 3 people with PV's! :) Yeah. I struck up conversation with 2 of them and we talked gear and juice and it was great. I need to use my PV more at work and finally get off the analogs!

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Definitely noticed the increase of traffic and people here. Interesting enough Friday at work throughout the day I noticed 3 people with PV's! :) Yeah. I struck up conversation with 2 of them and we talked gear and juice and it was great. I need to use my PV more at work and finally get off the analogs!

Maybe someone will create a device that attaches a pv to a vapers face.:vapor:.:)

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I watched the news today and there was a news item about under 18's being banned from using ecigs now in the uk. There was an interview with someone from ecf, i forget his name. Had to have been one of the moderators.

Over here in Canada lately we've had a few Provincial Govt officials speak up about vaping and the need for regulation. Have also noticed an increase in news stories, etc outside of Canada. Stateside seeing lots of "outraged" Politicians speaking out. Have gone thru this before but this time it just seems "different" and more organized/ unified.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Over here in Canada lately we've had a few Provincial Govt officials speak up about vaping and the need for regulation. Have also noticed an increase in news stories, etc outside of Canada. Stateside seeing lots of "outraged" Politicians speaking out. Have gone thru this before but this time it just seems "different" and more organized/ unified.

The way i see it, these new regulations for the under 18's, is that if it's illegal they'll be drawn to it, like moths to a flame, reverse psychology, where as if it was legal then they'd probably go in a different direction. It's legal to smoke at any age here, but only illegal to "buy" cigarettes if someone is under the age of "16". The more these regulation issues hit the headlines the more ecigs get promoted. I never really believed in an all out ban, just reasons to promote it if you ask me.:)

ccubed

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
Denver, CO
Yep, I've noticed the increased traffic. I've been on here almost every day since I joined and normally I see 160 - 230, except late at night it drops a bit. I noticed a couple of days ago there were more than 600 and the same yesterday evening. That is great to see and I enjoy seeing other new folks like me joining and participating. We really are in this together.

I still get bummed when I read negatively slanted news stories. The article about the under 18 ban in the UK was titled something like "Limits to SMOKING ecigarettes" and the article used the word "smoking" multiple times, rather than vaping. And I never see the study done by Drexel University School of Public Health quoted in any of these articles. The issue seems so politically charged that much of the good research that de-bunks the negative never gets any mention. Instead I read about the Governor of Oklahoma signing an executive order banning vaping on all state property and in all state buildings. Politics and emotion seem to be trumping science. It makes me sad when so many smokers could benefit by switching to vaping.

I will continue to talk it up with the folks I know. I will continue to get more information and facts about vaping, so I am not just sharing my story, but can also share scientific evidence (though I think personal stories are incredibly influencial). If I can combine my story with some scientific evidence, I can better reach the people I see and talk to in my everyday life. Hopefully the ripple effect will take effect. Namaste.

redsox

Sep 19, 2013
Boston
I did notice a lot of people joined over the christmas and new year holiday week. I only noticed this because more people were replying to my ongoing thread during that time. Compared to say a bank holiday or any random weekend there were a lot more people than usual. I was expecting it to slow down after a few days so, now, i don't know !.

My favourite part of this forum is that if someone is googling "anything" ecig related, when they are trying to find information about them, whatever key words they may use might well connect them to a thread in ecf. When i am writing posts, or sometimes starting a new thread, i always have this in mind. Key words, questions, FAQ's, i try to cover those angles, but it isn't easy. But i figure the more of these key words or phrases i might use the more likely someone will stumble onto ecf. It's a bit like a video game.:). Or going fishing.

So maybe consider starting threads specifically for that purpose !. Imagine that. Putting a lot of thought into a thread that was deliberately designed to lure new members into ecf.

this is how i stumbled on ecf....googled provari one day and boom

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
I wonder how many members there are that haven't used it in a while? Like 6 months +? Did they go back to smoking, quit it all altogether? Find what works and just don't bother signing on anymore?

My wife used to spend a lot of time here a few years ago, then we stopped vaping. Now we are back at it and I am in here now too. Wonder how many old time members are returning since New Years and trying again.

ccubed

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
Denver, CO

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Currently Active Users (Show Who's Online)

There are currently 3716 users online. 1339 members and 2377 guests

Most users ever online was 4,173, 05-16-2013 at 07:22 PM.

Still not a record, but yeah this site get a lot of views. Am a member of another vape forum but usually there are only 25 members online at any given time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread