ECF crashing Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazon1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2012
Phoenix,AZ
i was having the same issues a few weeks back but it was not just here it was a few site doing it,
what i did was just back up my bookmarks(bookmarks/show all bookmarks/backup) then downloaded a fresh copy of firefox.

then i uninstalled firefox then to program files and appdata and deleted any firefox folders left over and then installed the new copy i downloaded...might have been an easier way to fix it but i couldn't find it i think the .EXE was just to corrupted to be repaired and it was just easier to do a fresh install..

Liscab

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Miami fl.
why don't you try to reset fire fox to default ?

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reset-firefox-easily-fix-most-problems

Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems

Over time Firefox can develop problems like slowness, crashing, unwanted toolbars and more. Troubleshooting and fixing these issues can be difficult and time consuming. The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information.

Last edited:

Chopper71

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Broadway,Virginia
why don't you try to reset fire fox to default ?

Reset Firefox

Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems

Over time Firefox can develop problems like slowness, crashing, unwanted toolbars and more. Troubleshooting and fixing these issues can be difficult and time consuming. The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information.

Thank you it seems to be working great again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread